US Bank Flexperks credit cards
U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card

U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card
__________________________________________________ _________

Flexperks FAQ: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/rewardsRedemption.do

application page: http://www.flexperks.com/credit/welc...w&lang=en&exp=

Flexperks Real-Time Rewards Confirmed Merchants:

Flexperks listed examples: "United, American, British Airways, Emirates, JetBlue, Southwest, Delta, Sun Country", however BEWARE that "non U.S. merchants" are not supposed to work (i.e. British Airway & Emirates). Supervisor has said that this list hasn't been updated to exclude non-US airlines. Note that it will be difficult to get any transactions covered if Real-time Rewards do not work automatically.

Airlines:
  • American Airlines
  • Delta
  • Southwest
  • Sun Country
  • United Airlines

Lodging:

Other:
  • Uber
Print Wikipost

U.S. Bank FlexPerks

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by PhillyInvestor
Wow! Thanks for the heads-up! I researched the fine print. The bonus is going away entirely for personal platinum packages. It remains in place (for now) for business platinum package accountholders but the bonus points will be awarded annually instead of monthly.

Looks like it's time to find a new card. Without the bonus, there's nothing particularly special about it.
Well thanks for your heads up. This is very strange. I thought the Business card did not get the .5 point bump? I never even knew you could get it for Business card.

My wife and I each have pers/bus checking/flexperks. To get the .5 bump we have been doing all of our spending on our personal flexperks cards and have gone way over the limit to get the annual fee waived (3500 credit on each). We have only done minumum spend on our Bus Flexperks to get the bonus points.

I have about a month left before annual fee. I wonder if I should try to change to Platinum business to get that the business .5 bump and try to meet $24K spend on one of the business cards.

I also didn't like the business cards because they did not have the NM and other bonuses during the year like the personal cards had.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
Well thanks for your heads up. This is very strange. I thought the Business card did not get the .5 point bump? I never even knew you could get it for Business card.
It took some research for me to untangle exactly how the bonus works because I have both business and personal Platinum packages with US Bank, as well as business and personal FlexPerks cards.

The bonus rewards for business Platinum accountholders are described here.

I reviewed all of my old checking and credit card statements from US Bank. I've never received bonus points on my business card spend, but the account hasn't yet been open an year.

Like others here, I've been receiving the 50% bonus on personal card spend each month, though a recent personal checking statement confirmed what the website shows: the bonus on the personal card is going away next month.

I had hoped that my business platinum checking would continue to qualify me for monthly bonuses on personal card spend, but the link above seems to suggest it only applies to business card spend.

This is a shame. For those of us with Platinum checking packages, it was a great ride while it lasted. There aren't a lot of other opportunities out there to get the equivalent of 3% back on non-bonus categories and 5% on bonus categories.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:36 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Thank you for the responses. Looks like I'm gonna miss out on that bonus. It would have been sweet, especially when manufacturing spend.

Did you get any bonus points like Citi's AA 30k promotions just to open the account? That can still be worthwhile as there won't be an inquiry.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
Did you get any bonus points like Citi's AA 30k promotions just to open the account? That can still be worthwhile as there won't be an inquiry.
If you're talking about a bonus to open the checking account, I wouldn't know as I already had a banking relationship with US Bank before I got my FlexPerks cards.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:05 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Is anybody running into problems with manufactured spend on this card? I just got this card so want to make sure it's ok to use this card for 2-3k grocery spend per month. I haven't had a problem on my club carlson card for similar amounts.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 7:27 am

I did a quick search and did not find anything - does anyone know what happens to your points after you cancel the card? Wondering if I have a certain amount of time to use them up or if I need to keep the card open in order to use them.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
Is anybody running into problems with manufactured spend on this card? I just got this card so want to make sure it's ok to use this card for 2-3k grocery spend per month. I haven't had a problem on my club carlson card for similar amounts.
I have had no problem getting bonus on mfg spend at gas stations. Will know in a day or two when statement closes if I get them for grocery mfg spend. I certainly am counting on it.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Nick311
I did a quick search and did not find anything - does anyone know what happens to your points after you cancel the card? Wondering if I have a certain amount of time to use them up or if I need to keep the card open in order to use them.
I haven't read the T&Cs, but I think the points are lost as soon as the account is closed. I closed one of my business FlexPerks card accounts recently and immediately lost access to the rewards web portal for that card (though there were no points in the account at the time).
Old Jul 19, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
If one cancels the card after the annual fee is billed, does it get reimbursed as per other cards (i.e. full refund if canceled within 30 days, prorated refund thereafter?)

As it happens, they've chosen to pull that half point bonus per dollar for PLT Checking at about the exact same time I'll be billed the annual fee.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 10:26 am

I am sure that there is much variation, but is there any general consensus as to what the majority of 7-11 stores are coded as with USBank? Gas or grocery? Asking for the obvious reason of making sure one category is the highest to get the bonus. Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2013, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zs58
I am sure that there is much variation, but is there any general consensus as to what the majority of 7-11 stores are coded as with USBank? Gas or grocery? Asking for the obvious reason of making sure one category is the highest to get the bonus. Thanks!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...us-7-11-a.html
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:38 pm

thanks ^
Old Jul 26, 2013, 5:59 pm

noob here. never had a CC issued from US Bank. which of their CCs has the highest sign-up bonus that can be redeemed for Amazon GCs?

also, why isn't US Bank / FlexPerks promoted on the popular AOR blogs?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
noob here. never had a CC issued from US Bank. which of their CCs has the highest sign-up bonus that can be redeemed for Amazon GCs?
Sent you a PM. Forgot to mention, You can get Amazon GC with Flexperks but why would you want to do that? You can instead get cash back at the same value from Flexperks.

If you want Amazon GC, instead use your Flexperks card to purchase Amazon GC at grocery or gas store. This gives you two pts/$ or potential 4% toward flights, and if you have a business card with platinum business checking another .5pt or 1% bonus.

Often grocery stores have other bonuses for buying GC. Last year around the holidays my store gave back, I think it was a $10 store credit for every $100 in GC. Amazon was one of them on this offer. So that is an additional 10%. They also had some fuel perks which gave a few more %. So this combined with the 5% I was getting toward flights with flexperks gave me potentially 17%+ off Amazon gift cards that I purchased.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
Got a mailing this week about different ways to earn FlexPoints. On the last page, it listed DailyFeats.com as "Earn FlexPoints for healthy habits."

Well, I signed up yesterday and I already have enough points to redeem for 500 FlexPoints. That's the good news.

The bad news is that I can only redeem for FlexPoints once every 3 months and all the other rewards are pretty much junk. Oh, well, it's a super easy extra 2000 FlexPoints per year! Why, yes, thank you, I will take $40 free in travel for doing next to nothing.
I just redeemed my second batch of Daily Feats points for FlexPoints. My first batch posted without a hitch, 2 months after redeeming. They post along with your regular FlexPoints from spending, so you have to look at your statements to see if they posted (rather than looking for a block of 500 points posted by themselves on the FlexPoints site).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.