FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   HSBC Premier World MasterCard (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/709255-hsbc-premier-world-mastercard.html)

APeverell Dec 15, 2013 7:35 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry (Post 21967279)
Just an fyi - my 15,000 bonus points posted on 12/13/2013. Took 6 weeks to post from the end of the promo (ended Oct 31). Posts as "Fall 2013 Promo Bonus Rewards Points".

There is also a Winter 2013 Promo happening (although I won't hit the spend level since HSBC neglected to send the initial letter telling me about it). Hoping they continue these promos!

Same here, just posted on 12/13.

stockmanjr Dec 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by AmexCent (Post 21968880)
Same here, just posted on 12/13.

Posted here as well!

patrick.barnes Jan 18, 2014 2:35 pm

Does the US Premier MC support Chip+PIN?

ajnz Jan 19, 2014 9:35 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry (Post 21816172)
That's not true any longer. They now allow you to book the ticket and apply a $400 credit against it - regardless of where or how you purchased it.

I called HSBC USA about this last week and they said no, it absolutely has to be booked through their travel team for the points-for-credit to apply. Since it was no more expensive to do that, I did. But it did take ~32 minutes in total.

I specifically asked if I could just apply the points as a credit against an already booked ticket and they were very clear that it was not possible - and that if I had already booked a ticket I was SOL.

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes (Post 22179038)
Does the US Premier MC support Chip+PIN?

Mine doesn't (most recent card reissue was about a year ago). I haven't asked them about it; but my other HSBC (non-US) cards all have chip+PIN/chip+sign support.

TravelinSperry Jan 19, 2014 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by ajnz (Post 22182306)
I called HSBC USA about this last week and they said no, it absolutely has to be booked through their travel team for the points-for-credit to apply. Since it was no more expensive to do that, I did. But it did take ~32 minutes in total.

I specifically asked if I could just apply the points as a credit against an already booked ticket and they were very clear that it was not possible - and that if I had already booked a ticket I was SOL.

Interesting. They did offer it as a redemption option when I posted as it was listed within their rewards center on their website. However, it has since been (quietly) removed :mad: Glad you posted about it - I might've tried to use it! I hate when companies do things like that - no notice... just disappears. I don't expect anything less from HSBC - their CS is one of the worst.

TravelinSperry Apr 5, 2014 3:31 pm

I just received a new promo for April 1 - 30. Spend $12,000 and get 10,000 Rewards Program Bonus points.

Seems like an awfully hard hurdle to attain in just 30 days. Can't imagine many people achieving it. I know I can't!

mia Apr 5, 2014 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry (Post 22655136)
Seems like an awfully hard hurdle to attain in just 30 days.

I imagine they are hoping that clients will use it to make their income tax payments. How do you receive the offers, by email or postal?

ExpatExp Apr 5, 2014 6:37 pm

With so many people posting about meeting a $10,000 spend requirement in less than a week in the Citi AA promo thread, I can't imagine that $12,000 in a month would be that difficult :confused:

TravelinSperry Apr 6, 2014 11:24 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 22655591)
I imagine they are hoping that clients will use it to make their income tax payments. How do you receive the offers, by email or postal?

I receive a postal letter - usually the first few days of the month (so a few days have already passed by the time I hear about the offer). I even contacted the President of the US division requesting that they also email about the offer - but they haven't modified their policy (yet). In the past I have also received an email when the offer was about 1/2 way over. Have yet to receive it this time though. I wish they'd email first... it would be better than the letter and more timely.

Originally Posted by ExpatExp (Post 22655739)
With so many people posting about meeting a $10,000 spend requirement in less than a week in the Citi AA promo thread, I can't imagine that $12,000 in a month would be that difficult :confused:

I took a look at that thread and Citi's offer is $10k in 3 months. Much different than the HSBC offer which requires you to spend it all in one month. However, to your point, if people are spending it all in 1 week - wow - those are some high spending people! I can't even begin to imagine spending $10k in one week!!

My total monthly spend isn't even $12k. So if I put every last dime including rent on my card I wouldn't be able to make it. There sure are some rich folk on these boards :p

ExpatExp Apr 6, 2014 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry (Post 22658585)
I took a look at that thread and Citi's offer is $10k in 3 months. Much different than the HSBC offer which requires you to spend it all in one month. However, to your point, if people are spending it all in 1 week - wow - those are some high spending people! I can't even begin to imagine spending $10k in one week!!

Indeed! Despite the fact that participants are allowed three months to meet the spending requirement, there are numerous posts about people doing so in less than a week. To be fair, however, some of them are doing so "creatively"…

ajnz Apr 7, 2014 10:27 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry (Post 22655136)
I just received a new promo for April 1 - 30. Spend $12,000 and get 10,000 Rewards Program Bonus points.

Seems like an awfully hard hurdle to attain in just 30 days. Can't imagine many people achieving it. I know I can't!

I just got the email today, $9000 between 4/1-4/30 for 10K points.

TravelinSperry Apr 7, 2014 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by ajnz (Post 22663847)
I just got the email today, $9000 between 4/1-4/30 for 10K points.

Good for you, $9k is def more reasonable, although still high imo.

I got my email today as well (following up on my letter from last week). Why they send the email AFTER 25% of the month is over is beyond me. Especially for those of us who travel so often and may not receive our postal letters in a timely fashion.

mia Jul 2, 2014 12:16 pm

I have received two email offers for my USA-issued Premier MasterCard:

1. $50 for spending $1,500 in the period July 1 - September 30, 2014.

2. 20% bonus on transfers to BAEC in the period July 1 - August 31, 2014.

blaz Jul 2, 2014 1:36 pm

I have received the BA bonus transfer offer, but not the $50 for $1500 spend offer.

Oh well, I transferred all my HSBC points to BA about two months ago because I want to close my checking and credit accounts. This has turned out to be a challenge, both accounts are still open after two requests and more than two weeks of waiting. Searching through internet forums, this seems to be a common problem when trying to close HSBC accounts.

TravelinSperry Jul 4, 2014 11:38 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 23132045)
I have received two email offers for my USA-issued Premier MasterCard:

1. $50 for spending $1,500 in the period July 1 - September 30, 2014.

2. 20% bonus on transfers to BAEC in the period July 1 - August 31, 2014.

That's nice to see. I have never received any email offers. Solely postal mail (and I've requested multiple times to receive email offers rather than postal). I wish these guys would better their CS.