FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   HSBC Premier World MasterCard (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/709255-hsbc-premier-world-mastercard.html)

corporateslave May 31, 2012 6:42 am

Originally Posted by cuto (Post 18666248)
The privileges are published but it's still very weak!

http://www.privileges.hsbcpremier.co...PHA_2009AR_001

Sigh, when will HSBC actually provide their clients with more rewarding privileges?

Thanks, I knew they were out there somewhere.

I agree its kind of a poor showing for HSBC. If they really want to distinguish the "Premier" service or client level, they would work harder to offer better benefits and more valuable rewards. There are never any transfer bonuses and the standard redemption rates are very average.

cuto Jun 1, 2012 7:51 am

Originally Posted by corporateslave (Post 18672210)
Thanks, I knew they were out there somewhere.

I agree its kind of a poor showing for HSBC. If they really want to distinguish the "Premier" service or client level, they would work harder to offer better benefits and more valuable rewards. There are never any transfer bonuses and the standard redemption rates are very average.

I wonder if there's a way to make a suggestion.

mia Jun 1, 2012 8:14 am

Originally Posted by corporateslave (Post 18672210)
...If they really want to distinguish the "Premier" service or client level...

They may not be focused on Premier, see this post from 2011. Link to the WSJ article still works.

mia Jun 1, 2012 8:16 am

Moderator action

I have merged in a few older threads discussing HSBC Premier credit card(s) to consolidate the sparse information.

See also these threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-citigold.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...e-program.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l-booking.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-own-town.html

edcli Dec 12, 2012 10:05 am

25% AVIOS bonus through Jan 31, 2013

Not bad for a "free" card ^
(Well not really... considering you have to park money earning little interest) -- not bad anyway.

corporateslave Dec 12, 2012 11:50 am

I wish they would have had the American Airlines 5 Star service promotion this year instead. 25% Bonus to BA is better than normal, but with Amex running a 50% bonus earlier this year, this is still pretty weak considering HSBC rarely has any promotions at all.

AEsco48 Dec 12, 2012 11:50 am

Dear AEsco48,

As a valued HSBC Premier World MasterCard® cardmember, you have access to world-class benefits and exclusive privileges designed to fit your global lifestyle. We would like to extend another special offer when you redeem your HSBC Premier World MasterCard® Rewards Points for bonus British Airways Executive Club Avios.

British Airways bonus

Beginning November 30, 2012 and until January 31, 2013, you can receive 25% bonus Avios points when you redeem your HSBC Premier World MasterCard® Rewards Points for British Airways Executive Club Avios.

HSBC is working with British Airways to bring you this limited-time offer. There are no additional card purchases required and no HSBC Rewards Points restrictions. Your Avios can be used for flights, upgrades, hotels and rental cars. This offer is available exclusively to HSBC Premier World MasterCard® cardmembers.

Redeem your Points today

Log on to Personal Internet Banking to view your HSBC Premier World MasterCard® Account and redeem available HSBC Premier Rewards Points for British Airways Avios. Your 25% bonus Avios will be credited to your existing British Airways Executive Club account along with the Reward Points you're redeeming. If you are not a British Airways Executive Club member yet, please visit ba.com/join* in order to enroll and receive your account number, before redeeming your HSBC Premier World MasterCard® Rewards Points.

Take advantage of all that your HSBC Premier relationship provides and turn your everyday purchases into extraordinary rewards. If you have any questions, contact our Premier Customer Relationship Center, available 24 hours every day at 888.662.4722. If you are calling from outside the US, please call us collect at 716.841.7212.

Sincerely,

HSBC Premier Customer Experience Team

yyzvoyageur Dec 12, 2012 12:28 pm

They also have a promotion on right now where you earn 100 bonus points per transaction, to a maximum of 2000 bonus points. Those points are supposed to post in the new year. May as well wait until those post before transferring to BA.

hunkster Dec 12, 2012 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by yyzvoyageur (Post 19844133)
They also have a promotion on right now where you earn 100 bonus points per transaction, to a maximum of 2000 bonus points. Those points are supposed to post in the new year. May as well wait until those post before transferring to BA.

Do you have details? HSBC didn't tell me

silvermaple Dec 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by edcli (Post 19843086)
Not bad for a "free" card ^
(Well not really... considering you have to park money earning little interest) -- not bad anyway.

I received this email too a few days ago....

I signed up two years ago to their for the Premier Mastercard and got a sign-on bonus of 100K Premier points which I haven't redeemed. I also have got the Chase BA credit card and got a 100K BA miles sign-on bonus a couple of years ago. I have used Avios a couple of times for intra-US travel and its been cheaper than using AA miles. Currently one can redeem 24000 HSBC premier points towards any ticket, and that will discount the fare by $400.

Need advice....would you'll recommend transferring the HSBC premier points to Avios or holding off until better deal comes along ?

edcli Dec 14, 2012 8:46 am

Originally Posted by silvermaple (Post 19851506)
I received this email too a few days ago....

I signed up two years ago to their for the Premier Mastercard and got a sign-on bonus of 100K Premier points which I haven't redeemed. I also have got the Chase BA credit card and got a 100K BA miles sign-on bonus a couple of years ago. I have used Avios a couple of times for intra-US travel and its been cheaper than using AA miles. Currently one can redeem 24000 HSBC premier points towards any ticket, and that will discount the fare by $400.

Need advice....would you'll recommend transferring the HSBC premier points to Avios or holding off until better deal comes along ?

I would transfer a bit more than you'll think you'll need for the coming year. Never know maybe use them for krisflyer later down the line [my 2 cents]

cuto Dec 30, 2012 8:50 am

I'm not too impressed with this card considering how much $ one has to park in order to get this card. There has been no added benefit to this card for a long while. I really wish there is someone that can look into expanding it's offerings. :(

koroleon Jan 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by kunk00 (Post 18652851)
HSBC premier master card:

No annual fee, every dollar get two points
1 point = 1mile from British airway; Asiamiles and Krisflyer mile of singaporeair.
If you want use it to book airtickets, 24000 point redeem $400
1 point maximum value=1.67 cents.
You also can exchange gift cards from marriott, fairmont, hyatt, Avis, ritz carlton, bestbuy... 24000 points redeem 400 dollars.
the maximum value is also 1.67 cents.

The downside is you need to keep 100,000 in your premier account to keep your premier status.

I have a lot of business spending. This card is the best way to accumulate miles.

1) Is this still a valid list of redemptions for the US card? AFAIK the privileges site does not list any redemptions.
2) I called them to inquire about the BA promo and other redemption options and for the latter they redirected me to premiercardbenefits.com which doesn't even exist...
Pretty ludicrous rewards program if you ask me, but I still have 100k points and I need to decide what to do with them. If you can transfer 1:1 to KF for a SQ R redemption, perhaps this could be a better option than using the BA bonus.

multicamp Jan 24, 2013 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by cuto (Post 19942969)
I'm not too impressed with this card considering how much $ one has to park in order to get this card. There has been no added benefit to this card for a long while. I really wish there is someone that can look into expanding it's offerings. :(

ditto. hsbc certainly needs to step up. One perk I can see is access to airport lounges here in the states. in SE Asia airports, there are lounges specifically for hsbc premier customers. Hopefully, the CSR lurk this board and will bring it to managements attention as my relationship manager doesn't seem to care.

multicamp Jan 25, 2013 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by koroleon (Post 20039142)
... but I still have 100k points and I need to decide what to do with them. If you can transfer 1:1 to KF for a SQ R redemption, perhaps this could be a better option than using the BA bonus.

I'm in the same boat, I'm not exactly sure what to do with my points. I travel frequently, mainly to europe and asia. Whats the best use of the points? I hate the fees that are imposed with flying into LHR. I'm assuming I'd have to pay these fees on an Avios award flight?