FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   HSBC Premier World MasterCard (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/709255-hsbc-premier-world-mastercard.html)

yyzvoyageur Jun 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by pWei (Post 16569412)
Since it's a survey, I'm not sure if they will implement all these changes.

Agreed, but the questions were all worded as in, "These are the changes we are going to make. What do you think?"

bluto Jun 17, 2011 8:40 am

Originally Posted by yyzvoyageur (Post 15840233)
5. Points can be transferred to airline frequent flyer programmes. To start they will be partnering with Cathay Pacific, British Airways and Singapore Airlines.

Did they say how this would work? Would 100,000 HSBC points be convertible into 100,000 British Airways miles at a 1:1 ratio?

yyzvoyageur Jun 17, 2011 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by bluto (Post 16577670)
Did they say how this would work? Would 100,000 HSBC points be convertible into 100,000 British Airways miles at a 1:1 ratio?

Didn't say, but if it's not 1:1, it will continue to be a crappy card.

yyzvoyageur Jul 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Apparently the changes are coming on 1 September 2011. Once I get the details, I'll report back.

Again, this is the rewards programme for the HSBC Premier MasterCard issued in Canada I'm talking about.

ryan_stoneworld Aug 30, 2011 12:32 pm

I have been calling HSBC Canada's customer service and no one knows about the program changes and which airlines are applicable, even my relationship manager does not know about the changes!!! Too bad Sept 1 is coming up and no one knows.. anyone got more info about which airlines are joining? the call center said Air Canada but they cannot confirm as there is no final word or details about it. Pls PM me if anyone knows more details, hope CX and SQ pushes thru as mentioned above

flyaow Sep 11, 2011 6:51 pm

For what it is worth, the Canadian conversions have now appeared on the Asiamiles and Krisflyer websites:

Asiamiles is charging 1.1 HSBC rewards points per mile.
Krisflyer is charging 10000 HSBC rewards points for 9000 miles

Does anyone know if there are any other airline programs as part of the program?

The roughly 10% devaluation seems a bit nasty and petty to me. But this is a step in the right direction at least.

kunk00 May 28, 2012 3:42 am

The best credit card from my view. But there is no signing bonus.

HSBC premier master card:

No annual fee, every dollar get two points
1 point = 1mile from British airway; Asiamiles and Krisflyer mile of singaporeair.
If you want use it to book airtickets, 24000 point redeem $400
1 point maximum value=1.67 cents.
You also can exchange gift cards from marriott, fairmont, hyatt, Avis, ritz carlton, bestbuy... 24000 points redeem 400 dollars.
the maximum value is also 1.67 cents.

The downside is you need to keep 100,000 in your premier account to keep your premier status.

I have a lot of business spending. This card is the best way to accumulate miles.

mia May 28, 2012 9:25 am

HSBC issues cards in many countries. In which market is this card offerred? Please post a link to the description.

hawata May 28, 2012 10:03 am

I have the HSBC Premier MC in the US and am not impressed. The are never promotions in regards to earning more than one point per dollar spend. There is something from time to time for new customers, but not existing.

No Forex, but neither on Amex Plat, Palladium, United Club and so on...

kunk00 May 28, 2012 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 18653871)
HSBC issues cards in many countries. In which market is this card offerred? Please post a link to the description.

It is in US. Just check www.us.hsbc.com. BuT you cannot find any more information there. HSBC is stange, until I got the card, I was allowed to visit their reward website and found some exciting exchange rate.

Originally Posted by hawata (Post 18654071)
I have the HSBC Premier MC in the US and am not impressed. The are never promotions in regards to earning more than one point per dollar spend. There is something from time to time for new customers, but not existing.

No Forex, but neither on Amex Plat, Palladium, United Club and so on...

Yes, I am new customer. I have mortgage with them and got a better rate if I keep my premier status. Credit card is just a surprise. But do you mean $1 for 2 points just for new member? How do they define new member? I got this card this Febuary and till now everything is Ok.

For foreign exchange rate, HSBC is best comapring to chase and AME. I used these card in Europe early this month. All these cards claim there is no foreign exchange fee but HSBC rate is alway about 0.5% better than chase and AME. I compared three cards on the same day, same store consumption.

If $1 for 1 point as you said, I lost my interest in this card.

kunk00 May 28, 2012 12:16 pm

Update;I made a phone call with HSBC. They do only offer double points for new member. For my case, I got this card this febuary, I earned double points until Sep 30, 2012.

I change my view. For 1 dollar 1 point, this card is just so so. Even there is no annual fee and there is no foreign exchange fee.

mia May 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Moderator action

kunk00 's obersavations have been incorporated into previous discussion of HSBC Premier credit cards. Previous discussion focused on the Canadian card, but it appears the USA rewards program is similar.

corporateslave May 30, 2012 8:01 am

I've had this card since last year (in the U.S.).
I don't think I've ever received two points for $1 of spend.
Is this a new promotion?

As of now I only use this card as a back up when traveling because it incurs no foreign transaction fee. Otherwise the rewards/transfer rates are rather mediocre.
Maintaining a $100k balance with HSBC for a premier account isn't ideal either, but I like the holiday promotions for free American Airlines 5 Star Service as well as the free Tablet Plus membership that comes with the card.
I feel that the benefits aren't well published...perhaps there are others I don't know about??

cuto May 30, 2012 8:42 am

Originally Posted by corporateslave (Post 18666027)
I like the holiday promotions for free American Airlines 5 Star Service as well as the free Tablet Plus membership that comes with the card.
I feel that the benefits aren't well published...perhaps there are others I don't know about??

The privileges are published but it's still very weak!

http://www.privileges.hsbcpremier.co...PHA_2009AR_001

Sigh, when will HSBC actually provide their clients with more rewarding privileges?

ExpatExp May 30, 2012 8:54 am

Originally Posted by corporateslave (Post 18666027)
I like the holiday promotions for free American Airlines 5 Star Service as well as the free Tablet Plus membership that comes with the card.

Tablet Plus? I didn't know! Will see if I can sign up…