FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1577043-barclays-arrival-plus-now-70k-w-5k-spend.html)

PainCorp May 15, 2014 10:16 am

Originally Posted by trikotret (Post 22869149)
anyone receive the new card yet? :)

Last I checked the 28th is still two weeks away.

trikotret May 15, 2014 10:19 am

Barclays Arrival/Arrival+ Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)

yesterday someone posted that he getting it overnight. so should receive today :)

pdxcpa May 15, 2014 11:15 am

I'm hoping to receive it today. I have now had CS Reps tell me that the decision on upgrading World Cards to World Elites is not going to be made until June-July so clearly there is a lack of consistent information. Anybody tried churning this card? I'm wondering if I could get through recon using the world elite as justification for a new card.

trikotret May 15, 2014 11:34 am

Maybe after the 28th they'll determine who gets what

Originally Posted by pdxcpa (Post 22869587)
I'm hoping to receive it today. I have now had CS Reps tell me that the decision on upgrading World Cards to World Elites is not going to be made until June-July so clearly there is a lack of consistent information. Anybody tried churning this card? I'm wondering if I could get through recon using the world elite as justification for a new card.

pszczolkam May 15, 2014 11:39 am

Originally Posted by pdxcpa (Post 22869587)

I'm also curious if this is churnable...in my newbiness I applied for the no-fee card about 8 months ago and I'm wondering if I can close it and apply for the fee card and get the bonus...

Platcomike May 15, 2014 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret (Post 22869149)
anyone receive the new card yet? :)

Yes, mine came Fedex this morning.

pdxcpa May 15, 2014 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by Platcomike (Post 22869935)
Yes, mine came Fedex this morning.

Is it a World or World Elite MC?

Platcomike May 15, 2014 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by pdxcpa (Post 22869950)

World. They told me it was a temporary card to accommodate my travel and I would be receiving my permanent one before July 31. Perhaps that is because they have not made a decision on who gets which card.

trikotret May 15, 2014 12:24 pm

Makes sense everyone now gets world. Maybe around the 28th we'll get either emails or letters of what we are converting to

Originally Posted by Platcomike (Post 22869999)

Originally Posted by pdxcpa (Post 22869950)

World. They told me it was a temporary card to accommodate my travel and I would be receiving my permanent one before July 31. Perhaps that is because they have not made a decision on who gets which card.

maddie5218 May 15, 2014 12:47 pm

The person I spoke to on the phone mentioned something about new cards coming mid-June or July too.

trikotret May 15, 2014 12:49 pm

anyone know if you get hit with hard or soft pull if you apply for limit increase online through my account

f0xx May 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret (Post 22870193)
anyone know if you get hit with hard or soft pull if you apply for limit increase online through my account

Hard on TU

JaytheBarber May 15, 2014 1:14 pm

When I log in to my arrival account, there is a box below the boost portal with a picture of the new arrival+ card and "request card now" button. Anyone else seeing this? I really want to get the world elite version, but I don't know if its up to me and whether requesting the new card now through the link will have any bearing on getting the world elite version later.

trikotret May 15, 2014 2:55 pm

I see that link too. that's what I used to other the new card.

rgAAFT May 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63 (Post 22863333)
I originally opened the Barclays Arrival MC in April 2013. For some stupid reason, I closed it this year, March 2014. Not one of my best decisions. I'd like to get it again. If I apply again, will I get the sign up bonus? What're the details on getting this card again? Is this considered a new product?

Originally Posted by rgAAFT (Post 22871356)
I was Approved today for us air card
I tried to get both the arrival and us air card a while back but Barclays didn't want to give me US Air because of my rarely used arrival
Anyways,
A few weeks back I cancelled my arrival and today applied again for US Air , Sure enough I was Approved for a sizeable CL

Given yesterday's upgrade to the arrival card benefits I called CS and asked if I could have my arrival card reinstated. Front line CSR said No
I then hung up and called Supervisor hotline I have
Sure enough, my card COULD and was reinstated!!!
To recap,
Thanks to a few workarounds and phone calls I now have both credit cards double the CL as I used to have AND best of all 40k fresh new US Airways miles (can't wait for transfer option to AA to become available)
Anyways,
Hope this helps someone...

The card should be reinstatable for at least six months..
You probably will not get the sign up bonus again
But, probably no hard pull for reinstatement
PM's welcome if anyone has questions