FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1577043-barclays-arrival-plus-now-70k-w-5k-spend.html)

TMKTakot May 14, 2014 11:29 am

New Redemption Opportunity

Looks like Travelzoo purchases are now qualified as "Travel" for redemptions regardless of what you purchased. I purchased a voucher for wine about a month & 1/2 ago that is now showing up where it wasn't before.

trikotret May 14, 2014 11:36 am

Barclaycard Arrival/Arrival+ Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)

doesn't make sense to only convert selected accounts for elite while new applicants can apply for the elite MasterCard. since elite MasterCard is available for all new applicants, existing customers should get it

f0xx May 14, 2014 11:39 am

Originally Posted by alrvd83 (Post 22863751)
World Elite vs. World...what is the main difference? :confused:

http://www.outandout.net/mastercard-...lite-benefits/

Barclay123 May 14, 2014 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Autolycus (Post 22863630)
You mean like me having a Hawaiian Airlines CC account showing in my Barclay account list even though the account was closed with BoA months before the conversion?

Any way for an existing cardholder to get the EMV card by next Tuesday (5/20)? I'm going on vacation on the 21st and would very much like to have a Chip+PIN option.

I mean like no communication from corp lol

You can call and request an overnight card for $29.95, 50/50 it's the new EMV card. The info states they won't issue them until 5/28 but the option to request EMV is present.

cdancer20 May 14, 2014 11:41 am

Originally Posted by teddy25 (Post 22863713)
I got some travel expenses manually redeemed. After the card update, those charges now can be redeemed again on the website. It is also letting me redeem against the annual fee, which was just waived. Lol

I guess ill cash them out.

Does anyone know how long it take for the credit to show up?

Jr train and Tokyo airport bus

Plz PM any tips you may have for getting the AF waived. I've heard nothing but negative results. However, I do find it a nice touch that you can redeem against the AF. I was already thinking about keeping this card since I use it for my main purchases and all these Amex GC Boost purchases are nice. So to be able to just buy a couple of GCs and use that to redeem against the fee is a great thing.

Barclay123 May 14, 2014 11:47 am

Originally Posted by trikotret (Post 22863803)
doesn't make sense to only convert selected accounts for elite while new applicants can apply for the elite MasterCard. since elite MasterCard is available for all new applicants, existing customers should get it

All current Barclaycard Arrival MasterCard fee accounts will be converted to the re-launched Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard card product.

A segment of current Barclaycard Arrival MasterCard fee accounts have been identified as eligible for an upgrade to World Elite MasterCard status. This upgrade will apply to select and targeted accounts, without exception. There is no way to initiate a request for this upgrade offer.

New account acquisitions: Beginning May 14th, Barclaycard Arrival Plus will be available for new acquisitions. This card will be communicated as a World Elite MasterCard product however only eligible applicants will be issued this specific version of the product. Less qualified applicants will instead be approved for a Platinum MasterCard or World MasterCard product. There are no Barclaycard product differences between the three card association levels and the only difference are MasterCard based benefits and services.

trikotret May 14, 2014 11:50 am

so spending 15k month not good enough for them lol. oh well

cdancer20 May 14, 2014 11:50 am

Originally Posted by uneeq (Post 22863509)
As Barclay123 mentioned above, it seems like only some of the cards are getting changed to World Elite from World. Mine also shows the same picture as yours on my accounts page without the silver MC logo, and only the World logo, does that mean we're not getting World Elite?

Would be severely disappointed if that were the case. Was just about to make a spot in the wallet for the Arrival+, but World/WE MC distinction leaves a bad taste and makes me want to stick it back in the drawer.

This may just be a generic picture for all accts. I don't know that anyone will know for sure until it comes in the mail.

Autolycus May 14, 2014 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Barclay123 (Post 22863829)
I mean like no communication from corp lol

You can call and request an overnight card for $29.95, 50/50 it's the new EMV card. The info states they won't issue them until 5/28 but the option to request EMV is present.

Thanks for the info! I don't think it's worth $30 to take my chance, so I'll just cross my fingers that my Chip + Signature only cards will be sufficient for this trip.

I do appreciate and look forward to the updated product though.

trikotret May 14, 2014 11:53 am

I actually requested a replacement and received a secure message that i will receive my arrival plus MasterCard in 7 days. so I assume it's the new card since they named it by that

pdxcpa May 14, 2014 11:56 am

Data point: called up CS this morning and was told that all accounts would be the World Elite and that the online picture is not correct on world vs. world elite. Chatted him up and got the overnight fee waived so I should have the new card soon and will report back to confirm.

Barclay123 May 14, 2014 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Autolycus (Post 22863900)
Thanks for the info! I don't think it's worth $30 to take my chance, so I'll just cross my fingers that my Chip + Signature only cards will be sufficient for this trip.

I do appreciate and look forward to the updated product though.

I'm sending you a message on how to get the fee waived.

Originally Posted by trikotret (Post 22863911)
I actually requested a replacement and received a secure message that i will receive my arrival plus MasterCard in 7 days. so I assume it's the new card since they named it by that

The name has changed, and the SM people just copy/paste form emails that generate :p It's probably EMV but officially it says 5/28.

trikotret May 14, 2014 11:58 am

you sweet talk the rep to waive the fee :)

Barclay123 May 14, 2014 11:59 am

Originally Posted by pdxcpa (Post 22863923)
Data point: called up CS this morning and was told that all accounts would be the World Elite and that the online picture is not correct on world vs. world elite. Chatted him up and got the overnight fee waived so I should have the new card soon and will report back to confirm.

You could call 100x and get 101 different answers, that's just how Barclays operates. However the official info clearly states targeted accounts only and you might be among the segment that will be upgraded. As I pointed out here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22862117-post1308.html there are some updates that suggest all would get Elite but the latest update says otherwise pretty clearly.

alrvd83 May 14, 2014 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 22863828)

Thanks. Personally all those extra benefits with the Elite, I don't really care much for...

have high status in some good carriers, so I get a lot of travel benefits already (which is the main benefits that I use when im not traveling weekly for work).