FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1577043-barclays-arrival-plus-now-70k-w-5k-spend.html)

cdancer20 May 14, 2014 8:06 am

Originally Posted by ashap (Post 22862009)
I'm also seeing that the amount of time I have left to redeem older purchases on this card has increased.

My 3.19 purchase now shows a 120 day redemption time instead of 90 days.

I know this change was for the new purchases, but I didn't think our old purchases would be elevated to the new redemption schedule!

Redeem for travel statement credits, your best value, starting at 2,500 miles for $25 toward travel purchases within the last 120 days. Don't have a recent travel purchase? You can redeem for cash back statement credits, gift cards and merchandise.

However when I just logged into my acct, my redeem travel section was missing. I guess they are updating it. I only had options for cashback, merchandise, and gift cards.

AnitaBryant63 May 14, 2014 10:12 am

Get it again

I originally opened the Barclays Arrival MC in April 2013. For some stupid reason, I closed it this year, March 2014. Not one of my best decisions. I'd like to get it again. If I apply again, will I get the sign up bonus? What're the details on getting this card again? Is this considered a new product?

alrvd83 May 14, 2014 10:16 am

Barclaycard Arrival, now with EMV!!! pic inside

a picture of the new card. What will be the new spend categories?...

See image below. :D
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...04-barclay.png

alrvd83 May 14, 2014 10:19 am

Thanks for moving my post...I literally missed this thread right below :)

Superorb May 14, 2014 10:26 am

This is awesome, and it definitely makes the card worth the annual fee now compared to before where I was likely going to cancel before the AF posted. I can now redeem 120 days out as well :)

Hopefully the EMV will be Chip & PIN and not just Chip & Signature for our 4 week trip overseas this summer.

cdancer20 May 14, 2014 10:37 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 22862615)
Redeem for travel statement credits, your best value, starting at 2,500 miles for $25 toward travel purchases within the last 120 days. Don't have a recent travel purchase? You can redeem for cash back statement credits, gift cards and merchandise.

However when I just logged into my acct, my redeem travel section was missing. I guess they are updating it. I only had options for cashback, merchandise, and gift cards.

I can see my travel tag now. Even the picture on it is different and it says "Best value".

uneeq May 14, 2014 10:46 am

Originally Posted by alrvd83 (Post 22863359)
a picture of the new card. What will be the new spend categories?...

As Barclay123 mentioned above, it seems like only some of the cards are getting changed to World Elite from World. Mine also shows the same picture as yours on my accounts page without the silver MC logo, and only the World logo, does that mean we're not getting World Elite?

Would be severely disappointed if that were the case. Was just about to make a spot in the wallet for the Arrival+, but World/WE MC distinction leaves a bad taste and makes me want to stick it back in the drawer.

mia May 14, 2014 10:51 am

Originally Posted by alrvd83 (Post 22863375)
T... missed this thread right below :)

Scroll back to post 1299 to read what is known about the refreshed card.

alrvd83 May 14, 2014 10:51 am

It would be cool if they added a category that gave us 3 miles per $...I am not sure what they offer to make it that more attractive, but that would sure be awesome.

Autolycus May 14, 2014 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Barclay123 (Post 22862117)
Another botched roll out just like Hawaiian Airlines :rolleyes:

You mean like me having a Hawaiian Airlines CC account showing in my Barclay account list even though the account was closed with BoA months before the conversion?

Mail date set for 5/28 and 7-10 business days after for receipt.
Any way for an existing cardholder to get the EMV card by next Tuesday (5/20)? I'm going on vacation on the 21st and would very much like to have a Chip+PIN option.

josephstern May 14, 2014 11:09 am

The full announcement is here:

http://www.barclaycardtravel.com/t5/...nt/ba-p/646292

Not PIN priority.

jsmithj88 May 14, 2014 11:14 am

Originally Posted by jsmithj88 (Post 22838252)
i read on another forum that u can cash out barclay points at the 2.2% rate by buying a refundable ticket from southwest. then using the points to cover the cost. and lastly refunding the tickets. has anyone have any knowledge on this or something similar?
if the money is refunded back into the barclay CC, would the points also be refunded as well??

any thoughts?

dukerau May 14, 2014 11:16 am

I've updated the Wiki with a new section - "Successful - Plus Only." Since they are allowing retroactive redemptions, we should get some good data on charges that were not redeemable on the Arrival card but are redeemable on Arrival Plus. I moved 3 of my reported charges from Unsuccessful to Successful - Plus Only.

teddy25 May 14, 2014 11:19 am

I got some travel expenses manually redeemed. After the card update, those charges now can be redeemed again on the website. It is also letting me redeem against the annual fee, which was just waived. Lol

I guess ill cash them out.

Does anyone know how long it take for the credit to show up?

Jr train and Tokyo airport bus

alrvd83 May 14, 2014 11:26 am

Originally Posted by uneeq (Post 22863509)
As Barclay123 mentioned above, it seems like only some of the cards are getting changed to World Elite from World. Mine also shows the same picture as yours on my accounts page without the silver MC logo, and only the World logo, does that mean we're not getting World Elite?

Would be severely disappointed if that were the case. Was just about to make a spot in the wallet for the Arrival+, but World/WE MC distinction leaves a bad taste and makes me want to stick it back in the drawer.

World Elite vs. World...what is the main difference? :confused: