Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by ZeroMile
Quote:

Originally Posted by pointsaddict3326

When using the transfer option, can you do it before purchase transactions post to your account? Like if you have $2k in pending payments can you transfer at any time from your checking to your WF cc and the CL will go back up?

(you can pay the amount that already posted), Do NOT pay the part of transactions still pending , that's an "over payment"
if transfer/payment still in pending, that part of credit line you can NOT use, that's an "over credit limit" if you do.
those two reasons are getting people shutdown.
That's exactly my question & you contradict the previous answer I received.

As soon as the charge posts, I send a payment from my Wells Fargo checking account and the payment shows pending until the next morning even though the available credit jumps immediately. I have been making purchases a couple of hours after sending the payment.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by coltonatx
Quote:

Quote:

When using the transfer option, can you do it before purchase transactions post to your account? Like if you have $2k in pending payments can you transfer at any time from your checking to your WF cc and the CL will go back up?

(you can pay the amount that already posted), Do NOT pay the part of transactions still pending , that's an "over payment"
if transfer/payment still in pending, that part of credit line you can NOT use, that's an "over credit limit" if you do.
those two reasons are getting people shutdown.

That's exactly my question & you contradict the previous answer I received.

As soon as the charge posts, I send a payment from my Wells Fargo checking account and the payment shows pending until the next morning even though the available credit jumps immediately. I have been making purchases a couple of hours after sending the payment.
The reason I do this is because the grocery store charges don't post for 48 hrs and my partner was only applied for a $3k CL... If I were to wait an extra day from the day I send the payment, I would be further slowed down...
Old Apr 1, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Air Berlin Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum
The reason I do this is because the grocery store charges don't post for 48 hrs and my partner was only applied for a $3k CL... If I were to wait an extra day from the day I send the payment, I would be further slowed down...
I was recently approved for a $5k limit (card in the mail) and am planning to try for a CLI as soon as I get it. In case I don't, I would hope to at least be able to purchase more on the card as soon as the credit line increases after I make a transfer from WF checking, even if I "should" wait to make that transfer until my original purchase posts.

I'm reading conflicting reports about whether transferring from WF checking to your cc before purchases post count as overpaying, although it does appear to increase your CL immediately if you do so. Has this been a significant problem for some people?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I was recently approved for a $5k limit (card in the mail) and am planning to try for a CLI as soon as I get it. In case I don't, I would hope to at least be able to purchase more on the card as soon as the credit line increases after I make a transfer from WF checking, even if I "should" wait to make that transfer until my original purchase posts.

I'm reading conflicting reports about whether transferring from WF checking to your cc before purchases post count as overpaying, although it does appear to increase your CL immediately if you do so. Has this been a significant problem for some people?
Just do a search on this thread for overpayment. WF is notorious for locking down your acct for such situations. Even if there are those who have gotten lucky, you are at risk by doing this. They do NOT want you to pay for pending items. It must be fully posted.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Air Berlin Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Just do a search on this thread for overpayment. WF is notorious for locking down your acct for such situations. Even if there are those who have gotten lucky, you are at risk by doing this. They do NOT want you to pay for pending items. It must be fully posted.
Thanks for the clear answer cdancer. I'll pin my hopes on a CLI.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:07 am

we know how hard is on a $3k CL , it just don't have enough room to play with, and you can afford to take the risk, as for me and others that has $25k+ CL, at turn over 2x -3x CL, just can not risk the overpayment/over limit, try to fly under the radar as much as possible.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 9:56 am

we know how hard is on a $3k CL , it just don't have enough room to play with, and you can afford to take the risk, as for me and others that has $25k+ CL, at turn over 2x -3x CL, just can not risk the overpayment/over limit, try to fly under the radar as much as possible.
What was your income, AAoA, limits, relation to WF, etc if you don't mind sharing on this anonymous website.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:52 pm

2k or 1.5k

Do people think doing 2k draws more attention than doing 1.5k? I'd like to just do 2k every time but 2k seems like a ton to spend at a grocery store.

What about varying amounts (by doing $480 on one VGC or buying something).. makes a difference, or not?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 2:43 pm

OK so my credit line cleared up but the payment has not posted. Am I good to go?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:46 am

I'm just starting my third month and have been hitting it hard since it seemed as if I followed the rules of not overpaying, etc it would be fine. I've been freeing up my CL by either transferring $ from my WF checking (from deposited MOs) or using MOs to make a payment directly. Now I'm a little concerned about a shutdown. I deposit/pay down ~6k in MOs a week...is that too much? Should I deposit to another bank and then just write checks to WF to pay down the cc?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by subdawg
I'm just starting my third month and have been hitting it hard since it seemed as if I followed the rules of not overpaying, etc it would be fine. I've been freeing up my CL by either transferring $ from my WF checking (from deposited MOs) or using MOs to make a payment directly. Now I'm a little concerned about a shutdown. I deposit/pay down ~6k in MOs a week...is that too much? Should I deposit to another bank and then just write checks to WF to pay down the cc?
How much is your CL and how much total are you spending per month? From what I've heard, it's cycling the CL and paying it off multiple times per month that has caused any shutdowns.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by MG49
How much is your CL and how much total are you spending per month? From what I've heard, it's cycling the CL and paying it off multiple times per month that has caused any shutdowns.
Cycling the CL is not a problem. I cycle my $20k limit every 3 days.

What got people shut down is pre-paying for your charges before they actually post. A csr once told me this "effectively turns this into a debit card", so they're not cool with this.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Cycling the CL is not a problem. I cycle my $20k limit every 3 days.

What got people shut down is pre-paying for your charges before they actually post. A csr once told me this "effectively turns this into a debit card", so they're not cool with this.
Good to know. Any idea if cycling in primarily the 5% categories has raised a red flag for anyone?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by MG49
Good to know. Any idea if cycling in primarily the 5% categories has raised a red flag for anyone?
Apparently not. I even got a letter congratulating me on being a high-roller and bumping my points to 1.75 cent value for airfare, and no forex fees for the next 6 months. This will come handy as this card has true CHIP + PIN capability.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
I just got mine approved with a $10K limit. I'm hoping to push $10K/wk through it. 4x/mo seems like a moderate number. I'll probably try to double that month 6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.