Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by livestrongforever
does anyone know how I can check if a certain target gives me 5% on my loads on the wells fargo website before statement cutoff? That way I dont have to wait a whole statement cycle?
Click on Wells Fargo Rewards on the left. That will take you to the Rewards site. On the Rewards site, under My Rewards at the top, click Activity. You'll see a Base and a Bonus entry for each 5x purchase.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by livestrongforever
does anyone know how I can check if a certain target gives me 5% on my loads on the wells fargo website before statement cutoff? That way I dont have to wait a whole statement cycle?
Sure...try reading the Wiki.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by usalibido
I can confirm that the limit is 5k if you pay from an external account on WF website. You are probably are doing that as well, but I transfer money from other banks into my WF checking and then pay a big amount. Initially the transfer is limited at 2k per transaction and 6k per month. But it goes up as time goes on.

I am interested in knowing the "tolerance level" of WF for outside billpay as well.
Just did a bill pay to WF via the Serve site for $8,700 on 2/4. Will report back if it does or does not go through. Should take a few days to find out. I'm sure others reading this blog have alread tried amounts this high and higher. Please share your results. Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by ChurnChop
Just did a bill pay to WF via the Serve site for $8,700 on 2/4. Will report back if it does or does not go through. Should take a few days to find out. I'm sure others reading this blog have alread tried amounts this high and higher. Please share your results. Thanks.
External payments are only good for locking up your CL for a bit.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
They put a hold on large payments ....They did that to my BB payment of a mere $3,000, which tied up valueable credit line, but after a week, it went through, and I'm back on the horse
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by sam_goh
External payments are only good for locking up your CL for a bit.
I've been using WMBP for the past 4 months and had my CL available by 10AM the next business day. This past week my CL hasn't decreased despite several payments. Has anyone else experienced this recently?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by michael160
I've been using WMBP for the past 4 months and had my CL available by 10AM the next business day. This past week my CL hasn't decreased despite several payments. Has anyone else experienced this recently?
Hard to say on WMBP. I was referring to external payments from Serve/BB, or pulling from accounts outside of WF. CL would get held 3-5 business days.

WMBP used to free up as you mentioned, next business day. Payments from internal WF accounts used to free up immediately. Now, both of these may also be subject to holds. The former, I am waiting to see how the weekend's payments go. The latter, unfortunately I can verify from last week.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:47 pm

I had an interesting experience - I made a ~$1500 purchase on the card, thinking I had that much CL left without a Serve BP that had come in the previous day. But I was wrong and there was only about 1300 left without the BP. Still, the transaction went through and now I have 0 CL. BP posted last Wednesday and still has not hit my CL.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:54 pm

For those curious, just an update on the large payment I made on 2/4. Checked this morning 2/9, still no payment. This evening, however, it did post and my CL was immediately jacked up again by same amount as payment. Considering other's experience, I may have been lucky. No hold. At least for me Serve went through without a hitch. Took 5 days but that's not unusual.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:34 am

Thanks for the data point! At least we know it's possible. Hopefully I can try it by myself soon. Still at the early stage of dealing with all the fraud prevention/declined transaction mess

For those curious, just an update on the large payment I made on 2/4. Checked this morning 2/9, still no payment. This evening, however, it did post and my CL was immediately jacked up again by same amount as payment. Considering other's experience, I may have been lucky. No hold. At least for me Serve went through without a hitch. Took 5 days but that's not unusual.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:55 am

Looks like WF is not releasing CL from WMBP's immediately anymore. Payments due to be processed normally on Monday show up but CL has not been freed. Will see what payments landing tomorrow look like.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:59 pm

Recd. mid-Dec platinum card with $2.5k CL, in Jan opened a checking account. Is it too soon to ask/request for CL increase and/or Signature card?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:59 am

This is an update to my previous statement that my CL went back up after a large payment. It did, on 2/9, but it appears that was just temporary. It had gone back up to 9,000+ on 2/9, the same day the $8,700 payment was received. I didn't have time to go spend (work obligations), then checked again yesterday 2/10 and the CL raise was removed.

My outstanding balance reflects the payment was received (lowered my balance) and the payment went through in my account activity, so there's no hold on the payment, just a holdup of my line . The outstanding balance is correct at like $800. My available CL now is $941. My allotted CL is $10,000.

There are no temp auth and no explanation as to why they reversed the CL. No messages or notices. Maybe they figured I spend enough this month and that's enough. Ha Ha - or - maybe they'll release more line in a few days. Will just wait. I think it will be a death sentence if I call, a human looking at my charges would see quite a pattern if you know what I mean. Considering I have $600 in cash back pending once the statement closes, don't want to lose that because a rep doesn't like what they see.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
My wife has a WF account that's dormant. I'm wondering if getting this card makes sense right now (I have a Target nearby that codes Grocery on VISA). My local groceries also still allow VGC/AGC purchases with CC (as of last week at least). Truthfully (this might make the heavy hitters cringe), I probably wouldn't run more than ~$10K/mo through it, depending on the CL. Or maybe I'd get addicted and quickly double/triple/quadruple that.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:17 am

I searched and couldn't find an answer, but how many days do I have to wait until the bonus points show up? Just started using this card and have been checking every day.

Also, I read some old posts saying that there is a 120k rewards cap? Not sure if this is still applicable or not, as I did not see anything in the terms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.