Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Charged 2.03k on 23rd, walked to the branch on 24th to deposit 1k MO + 700 cash,
instant increase of available credit! is this contrary to everyone's experience?
My deposit is not even posted yet(25th)!
Doubt that will fly for long but if it works for you congrats.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA,DL,SPG,Hyatt
I was just trying to make a payment by transferring from my WF checking account and got the following message. This is first time I got this and I don't see any other sign. Any idea what this is?

"You currently have no eligible To account(s) for the From account you selected."

thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2014, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Doubt that will fly for long but if it works for you congrats.
I now get

"Alert Use of account ending in ***5 is temporarily restricted. Please call us at 1-800-642-4720"

and

Total Credit Limit $2,500.00
Outstanding Balance $326.69
Available Credit $150.00
Last Statement Balance 12/24/14 $2,024.95

Branch payment on 12/24 of $1699.30 shows (pending)

however yesterday's (12/26) purchase ($2000+) did go through.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:43 pm

Same thing happened to me in NOvember. You just need to call and they will ask you to verify the transactions and payments. One thing I did on the call was begin to make small talk with the CSR Rep (asking where she was located, weather, etc.) and that seemed to deflect questions. My account was unlocked and I've been using ever since.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Originally Posted by exarkun
FYI, I called WF because I wanted to verify I would qualify for the 5% bonus for 6 months. I had an old card with WF that had not been used for years.

As we all know, the terms says this:

Eligibility for Introductory Rate(s), Fees, and Bonus Rewards Offers: If you currently have an open credit card account or a closed credit card account with a balance issued by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., you may not be eligible for the above introductory APR(s) and fees or the bonus rewards offers described below.

The credit person confirmed that if you have NOT HAD A BALANCE in the LAST 6 MONTHS on a credit card with WF, that you DO QUALIFY for the bonus rewards offer.

Whether that means you can close and reopen/churn this card every year is still up in the air, however.
Anymore data on subject of having a credit card by WF and getting the Cash Rewards card?

I also called and spoke to a new credit card CSR. He told me as long as I don't have a Visa card that I could qualify for the 5x rewards card.

FWIW I have a store card that is serviced by WF.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:53 am

I got the cash back Card. But I don't want to activate it right away. When is the first Billing cycle going to start from? Can I delay that by not activating the card?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by pricelessprice
I got the cash back Card. But I don't want to activate it right away. When is the first Billing cycle going to start from? Can I delay that by not activating the card?
Unfortunately, no. Once they ship the card out to you your 6 months have begun.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:32 am

Programs: AA,DL,SPG,Hyatt
hi guys,

typically, when I pay the credit card, the available credit updates accordingly.

However, my recent payments in past few days have not been reflected. is this a bad sign?

I've been MSing 10k - 15k monthly in past few month.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by sunspotzsz
hi guys,

typically, when I pay the credit card, the available credit updates accordingly.

However, my recent payments in past few days have not been reflected. is this a bad sign?

I've been MSing 10k - 15k monthly in past few month.
I was doing that volume for my whole 6 mo, no problems. Have you been paying from a WF checking acct? My six months ends Thursday, ramped up in the last month and a half, I think the key is to always pay from a WF checking.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by deekay38
I was doing that volume for my whole 6 mo, no problems. Have you been paying from a WF checking acct? My six months ends Thursday, ramped up in the last month and a half, I think the key is to always pay from a WF checking.
I've done as high as 150k/mo. Payments are instant from a WF checking account, and you CAN cycle the credit limit multiple times, but you have to wait for the charges to post first. What they don't like is people pre-paying more than the posted charges on the card...in a way turning it into a debit card. This is what a CSR told me once.

With the new terms (excluding GCs from earning points) going into effect starting tomorrow, anyone with a sizable pending rewards balance would be wise to let off and let those points clear next statement. Even if their system doesn't flag GCs automatically, the new terms give them powers to shut down accounts and forfeit points, if they choose to do a manual review.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
I've done as high as 150k/mo. Payments are instant from a WF checking account, and you CAN cycle the credit limit multiple times, but you have to wait for the charges to post first. What they don't like is people pre-paying more than the posted charges on the card...in a way turning it into a debit card. This is what a CSR told me once.

With the new terms (excluding GCs from earning points) going into effect starting tomorrow, anyone with a sizable pending rewards balance would be wise to let off and let those points clear next statement. Even if their system doesn't flag GCs automatically, the new terms give them powers to shut down accounts and forfeit points, if they choose to do a manual review.
These are good points and good advice. I also cycle the line and wait for the charges to post first or at least I avoid having a negative balance. My line always increases immediately after whatever payment has posted. I have paid through WF checking, BofA checking (linked to WF) and 2 different Serve accounts. Only the Serve payments take awhile to be received by WF but that's not on WF. I've had the card 3 months, stopped getting fraud alerts 2 months ago (after constant flagging).
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
bought today and at least the rewards page shows pending rewards. Hopefully the gravy train continues.

Kudos to the guy who said he did 150k in a month! That's a sweet 7.5k (minus t-cost)!!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by Duffman
bought today and at least the rewards page shows pending rewards. Hopefully the gravy train continues.

Kudos to the guy who said he did 150k in a month! That's a sweet 7.5k (minus t-cost)!!
How did it go pending on the same day? Mine usually take 2-3 days to post, and then another 12-24hrs for the rewards to be registered.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 9:09 pm

Can you view the monthly statement closing date online? I'd like to know when it is, but have no desire to call in and have eyes on my account.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:18 am

see next post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.