Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:27 pm

Add Content
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I had pulls from several card applications within the six months before and was approved, so hard pulls won't automatically disqualify you.
I can attest to that as well. Applied Monday, received the 7-10 day message and was fully expecting a rejection letter. To my surprise, I was sent an approval e-mail today. They pulled EQ for me (in CA). 15 inq (2 years), 9 inq (12 months), 4 inq (6 months). 11 new accts in past 12 months.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 5:10 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Originally Posted by cyin
I can attest to that as well. Applied Monday, received the 7-10 day message and was fully expecting a rejection letter. To my surprise, I was sent an approval e-mail today. They pulled EQ for me (in CA). 15 inq (2 years), 9 inq (12 months), 4 inq (6 months). 11 new accts in past 12 months.
I wasn't saying that hard pulls in the past six months will disqualify you, but only that I believe pulls in the past six months are accorded far more weight than those between six and twelve months.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
can we book 2 reservations for 2 nights with 2 days of in between to get 2 award night at same hotel.lets say i check in on Sunday for 2 nights and then 2 nights on my wifes points and then 2nights on my acccount as i have club carlson card.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by newbieflyer1
can we book 2 reservations for 2 nights with 2 days of in between to get 2 award night at same hotel.lets say i check in on Sunday for 2 nights and then 2 nights on my wifes points and then 2nights on my acccount as i have club carlson card.
Yes.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:22 am

So I went into a branch to ask about changing my due date. They said the business accounts can have either the 1st or 16th of each month and that's it. Also, they refused to entertain a credit limit increase. I have a $5,000 limit on this Carlson card and an $18,000 limit on my Ink Bold card with other high limit Chase cards. I do have a business and run into the $5,000 limit each month so US Bank is missing out on spend that now goes to Chase. Even with tons of cash in the bank and stellar credit records they could care less.

They said after a year they'll do a review and if I want the limit raised they can do another hard pull. I'm not sure it's worth it though.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by Superorb
So I went into a branch to ask about changing my due date. They said the business accounts can have either the 1st or 16th of each month and that's it. Also, they refused to entertain a credit limit increase. I have a $5,000 limit on this Carlson card and an $18,000 limit on my Ink Bold card with other high limit Chase cards. I do have a business and run into the $5,000 limit each month so US Bank is missing out on spend that now goes to Chase. Even with tons of cash in the bank and stellar credit records they could care less.

They said after a year they'll do a review and if I want the limit raised they can do another hard pull. I'm not sure it's worth it though.
The good thing is that most of the benefits you get come from just having the card. Aside from using it to book rooms at Carlson properties, I don't know what else you'd spend on the card rather than Ink.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can pay the card during billing cycle and see if it would increase the credit limit.

The tough part is, US Bank's site does NOT give any information on Available credit at all - so no way to tell unless calling in to ask for the "number".

Originally Posted by DallasEsq
The good thing is that most of the benefits you get come from just having the card. Aside from using it to book rooms at Carlson properties, I don't know what else you'd spend on the card rather than Ink.
If your hotel needs are largely in Europe, Club Carlson's properties would save you boatload of cash from the point booking. Chase Ink card's UR pts could not buy the same number of nights from the same spend esp the Club Calson's earning rate is 5x on anything anywhere. While Hyatt is a good option to transfer your UR pts but Hyatt has very limited footprint in Europe, and largely the high end Park Hyatt while Club Carlson has a lot more options either on locales or on properties.

It really depends on individual's own needs to determine where to put the spend (in order to earn the particular "currency" that would save one's out of pocket cash.) No one answer suits everyone.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:45 pm

Received a pre-qualification letter about a month ago. Put, off applying until today when I decided to do an AOR. Was instantly approved. Opened 5 accounts since July.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:22 am

35k bonus - primary business holder has to spend $2500?

My statement (after cumulative $2500 spend) closed couple of weeks ago and I still have not received the 35k bonus points. Called customer service and was first given a generic response that I need to wait 4 weeks after 3 month period. When I asked him to check if I had met the spend threshold he says I am about $1000 short because as primary holder of business account I have about $1500 spent. Hmm thats a bummer if true, because none of the other major bank issuers seem to count that way.

Anyone got the 35k bonus on their business card with less than $2500 spent as primary holder?

I also wonder if this primary vs secondary spending distinction is true for their personal card (plan to get one in future).

Also how well does US Bank tolerate $1k charges on AP or at CVS?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Happy
The tough part is, US Bank's site does NOT give any information on Available credit at all - so no way to tell unless calling in to ask for the "number".
For my business account it shows the available credit, but it does take a few days to update after items post. This is for 1 CC. Is the personal account different?

Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For my business account it shows the available credit, but it does take a few days to update after items post. This is for 1 CC. Is the personal account different?

Absolutely different.

The personal account does not show credit line nor available credit as the way other issuers do - AMEX, Citi and Chase all give you that info, not US Bank.

This topic has been discussed at the beginning when this offer came about either on this thread or on the related thread in the Club Carlson forum.

More over, it does not show any pending charges which can take up to 4 or more days to post.

On top of that, there is NO Payment History to be found! Although luckily it does post payment timely.

The Mobil site does show the pending charges and the URL can be accessed via PC. Discussion in the Club Carlson forum's related thread.

In short, US Bank's online banking functions for the credit card side LACK many important features its competitors have.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold
I felt creative the other day and tried something. Just for reference, this is an interesting sequence:

Book 1&2
Book 4&5
Book 3

Couldn't be more obviously against terms after the fact... but it technically works. YMMV!!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:22 pm

US Bank credit card site is absolutely pathetic. I can't view pending transactions and they take a while to even post the completed transactions. Also, they've yet to credit my payment that was supposedly delivered on 2/27.

/end rant
Old Mar 2, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Has anyone ever tried to call Club Carlson? I've been trying for days and I cannot get through to a person.
1-888-288-2229

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.