Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Do you live in CO?
No, OR.

And thanks, echip!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by italdesign
Data Point. Applied as part of my AOR, got the "decision pending" msg, and 2 days later got a denial via email... What was odd was that after I submitted the app, it took less than 1 sec for the "decision pending" page to surface. Usually applying with Chase, Citi, etc, they take 20 or more seconds after I hit submit.
Update. A few days later, I got a letter from US Bank asking me to call them and verify some information. Lady was nice and said it was triggered by having multiple recent inquiries. After I verified some personal info, she said she is passing the app thru the system for further consideration.

Looks like the saga continues.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 3:27 pm

Planning to fax in a request to freeze ARS tomorrow prior to an end of month AOR and confirmed with ARS over the phone that their newest address / contact info is:

Advanced Resolution Services, Inc.
5005 Rockside Rd Ste 600
Independence, OH 44131
Phone: 800-392-8911
Fax: 216-615-7642

Also, if anyone's was considering trying to freeze LIR they told me that LIR went out of business so no need to freeze that one.

Last edited by mster; Mar 19, 2013 at 9:29 am Reason: updated info
Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:43 pm

Approved for the lesser card - "premier". 50k pts on first purchase + annual fee waived for 1st year. Has anyone been sucessful in also applying for the 85k pts card at a later time and getting approved for that?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by nas6034
Approved for the lesser card - "premier". 50k pts on first purchase + annual fee waived for 1st year. Has anyone been sucessful in also applying for the 85k pts card at a later time and getting approved for that?
Premier is the top card. 50K on first purchase, plus 35k after 2.5k spend. The annual fee is not waived.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Wife was approved when I checked today. Had applied & got denied due to ARS excessive inquiries. First attempt on the phone to go past the analysts was shot down. I started talking with the US Bank twitter folks, they told me they forwared my request for manual review onwards. I called the 2nd time the next day and pleaded to get the app manually reviewed, looked at by a pair of eyes and not a computer, outstanding credit record (true), make it my go to card due to new job, blah blah blah. To get rid of me, they told me okay and to call back on Monday. I called the automated line and was approved. Screw Faxing to ARS...be persistent. I did the same for myself and it was much easier, it depends on the person you get!
Old Mar 19, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
If I have one app in the last year, but it was two months ago, is it worth applying or should I wait for 90 days to pass, or even 6 months?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: spg gold
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Wife was approved when I checked today. Had applied & got denied due to ARS excessive inquiries. First attempt on the phone to go past the analysts was shot down. I started talking with the US Bank twitter folks, they told me they forwared my request for manual review onwards. I called the 2nd time the next day and pleaded to get the app manually reviewed, looked at by a pair of eyes and not a computer, outstanding credit record (true), make it my go to card due to new job, blah blah blah. To get rid of me, they told me okay and to call back on Monday. I called the automated line and was approved. Screw Faxing to ARS...be persistent. I did the same for myself and it was much easier, it depends on the person you get!
George, I don't agree with you saying "Screw Faxing to ARS" I spent less time and energy sending a fax than you did trying to deal with USBank. What's the big deal with sending a fax and then getting instant approval, sounds a lot easier?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 9:56 am

Does anyone think it worth to keep the platinum card for 50k bonus and then apply next year for the 85k card, if it still exists? apparently Theyre waiving the first year fee of $50 for the platinum.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by nas6034
Does anyone think it worth to keep the platinum card for 50k bonus and then apply next year for the 85k card, if it still exists? apparently Theyre waiving the first year fee of $50 for the platinum.
Did they tell you they are going to waive the fee? Unless you got a special deal that is different from the norm, the $50 annual fee will show up after your first statement cuts billed on the statement date.

And yes I would keep it to get the bonus of 50K and be eligible for the bonus award nights. Use it a bit and then apply for the business card in three or four months. Once you get a better Carlson card you can close the platinum.

Last edited by ddallas; Mar 19, 2013 at 2:52 pm
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:22 pm

Quick question on redemption of the free last night:

My family has 6 independent CC accounts and we sometime book one night each for a 4-6 night stay but with only one person staying as you can book under another guest and not the account holder. Did this in NYC, Europe, Atlanta, Dallas etc all last year.

My wife and I just got the CCs and was wondering if we can still do the same with the 1 night free redemption...

so say I book 2 nights for my dad in NYC and my wife book 2 nights for my dad in NYC back to back, therefore costing us only 100K points for 4 nights back to back and redeemed by my dad as the GUEST...

Any one know if there's any restrictions to this or have actually tried it?
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: spg gold
The primary card holder needs to be present at check in.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by slickvik
If I have one app in the last year, but it was two months ago, is it worth applying or should I wait for 90 days to pass, or even 6 months?
Anyone
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by jkoenig51
The primary card holder needs to be present at check in.
What if adding additional card holder on to account?

I'm an additional holder on my wife's card. same number, same name, same ClubCarlson number.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by ddavid1101
What if adding additional card holder on to account?

I'm an additional holder on my wife's card. same number, same name, same ClubCarlson number.
Just to add to this. Noticed you cant elect "Guest" or it wont give you the free night. Therefore you have to select the member name.

SO...

Can this be done:

1) order additional cards (in this case, my dad who uses half my points)
2) when he need the reservation...change profile name on membership name...and book...

Questions:
1) wondering if I can get away with it
2) Say I changed profile now, booked for my dad in the fall...can I change profile back after Fallbooking to book something for myself for the summer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.