Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by secakc
This is my first post. Hopefully it is useful. I applied for 6 cards about 8 days ago. The only one I had issues with is US Bank club c. I already have a 2nd mortgage with them. After a long wait they said they needed to verify info. I called back the next day and they said it was declined due to information from ARS - Advanced Resolution Services. They said they could not confirm my identity and there wasn't anything they could do now, case closed. So, I call ARS and they don't know what the problem is. I call US Bank back and they said it is in process and should be approved within 24 hours. Craziest thing I ever heard. I have a theory(besides US Bank being disfunctional) that the issue was that I had a fraud alert on one of my cards about 6 months ago and had to get a new card. As mentioned before it seems they won't reconsider, but then they approve after the fact.
This is a textbook ARS denial. Nothing new and has nothing to do with confirming your identity. Freeze your ARS report and try again later.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Okay, my family member who applied for a Gold card and received a Silver was told that if she wants to get the Gold that she should re apply for the Gold, call Club Carlson back and then they will put her account in for a review for that Gold card. Apparently they can't do it once the silver card account was created. The question is... will she get hit with another credit pull and is it worth it to get the Gold instead of the Silver...
Most likely, yes.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
This is a textbook ARS denial. Nothing new and has nothing to do with confirming your identity. Freeze your ARS report and try again later.

looks like no need to freeze ARS and try again later. the op states that they told him it should be approved within 24 hours.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Okay, my family member who applied for a Gold card and received a Silver was told that if she wants to get the Gold that she should re apply for the Gold, call Club Carlson back and then they will put her account in for a review for that Gold card. Apparently they can't do it once the silver card account was created. The question is... will she get hit with another credit pull and is it worth it to get the Gold instead of the Silver...
Oh yeah. This is typical agent speak for "feel free to apply again for the card we just rejected you for". They will do another hard pull and she will again be rejected because nothing has changed in her credit file since the last app.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
So. I just got the card in the mail, and as I feared, it is the lesser card. I'm mostly annoyed because the email said I was approved for the Premier, which got me all excited.

I'm feeling quite bitter about it - silver status instead of gold, 25k fewer points, and a crap limit of $4200 (not even the Signature!). I'll take it because I still get the discounted award nights, but does anybody know how USBank is with a later (much later, like next year) app for the better card? Would I be able to get the 85k bonus in the future because it is a different product? Or is this all I can ever hope for?

ETA: I applied 2/21, got the card 3/4, but the paperwork says it was approved 2/27.

Last edited by PHLisa; Mar 4, 2013 at 5:33 pm Reason: More details
Old Mar 5, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 2P
Originally Posted by acinchus
My statement (after cumulative $2500 spend) closed couple of weeks ago and I still have not received the 35k bonus points. Called customer service and was first given a generic response that I need to wait 4 weeks after 3 month period. When I asked him to check if I had met the spend threshold he says I am about $1000 short because as primary holder of business account I have about $1500 spent. Hmm thats a bummer if true, because none of the other major bank issuers seem to count that way.

Anyone got the 35k bonus on their business card with less than $2500 spent as primary holder?
Well, it says pretty clearly on their website that authorized user spending should count:

http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/

2 New Account Bonus: You will earn the one-time First Purchase Bonus of 50,000 Gold Points, when you first make a purchase with your card within 90 days after your Account was opened. You may earn an additional one-time Spend Bonus of 35,000 Gold Points (Premier Rewards Visa Signature and Business Rewards) or 10,000 Gold Points (Rewards Visa Signature and Platinum Rewards) if you spend at least $2,500 in Net Purchases (Premier Rewards Visa Signature and Business Rewards) or $1,500 in Net Purchases (Rewards Visa Signature and Platinum Rewards) on your Card within 90 days after your Account was opened. "Net Purchases" means purchases of goods and services made by you or any authorized user on your Account minus any returns or refunds. Once you qualify for either the First Purchase Bonus or the Spend Bonus (collectively referred to as a “New Account Bonus”), please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the Gold Points to appear in your Club Carlson account. Neither New Account Bonus is available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months. If your Account is not open for at least 6 months, Club Carlson and U.S. Bank reserve the right to deduct the New Account Bonus Gold Points from your Club Carlson account.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Does any know how long it takes for the 35K bonus points to post to Club Carlson account after statement closes (not the original 50K)? I know standard language is 4-6 weeks, but any data points?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by LivelyFL
Does any know how long it takes for the 35K bonus points to post to Club Carlson account after statement closes (not the original 50K)? I know standard language is 4-6 weeks, but any data points?
Mine posted a few days after the statement closed, which for me was my second billing statement since receiving the card.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
After all these horror stories I was a bit worried about applying. Last application was 7 months ago for the Chase Sapphire card and have stellar credit. Pay off balances monthly but have a number of open cards that I do not use since I keep them for annual free nights (PC Visa, Hyatt Visa) or because they are within the first year of membership.

Got a application in the mail but the confirmation code was not accepted by the online system so I called to apply. Applied on a Tuesday and told I could call back the following Monday for status. On Sunday I logged into my CC account and tried a dummy award booking to see if the BOGO award that comes with the credit card was shown as an option. Option showed up so I knew I was approved. T&C showed up in the mail on Wednesday the following week and card arrived on Saturday. Overall no complaints from my end about USBank. Have never had a credit card or anything else from them in the past. Credit they gave me was actually pretty high.

Will replace all of my HH Amex spend that is loosing bonus points in May.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by LivelyFL
Mine posted quickly too. I completed the spend about a week before the first statement's closing date and the points posted about 3 days after the first statement closed.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:34 pm

Asked this last page, but didn't get any direct responses.

I'm thinking of doing 2x CC apps (personal & business) with someone else at my address doing the same. If we have lots of recent apps should both of us freeze our ARS prior to the AOR? Is 4x USB apps from the same address doomed to spectacular failure? Will freezing ARS affect our other apps?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Mine posted quickly too. I completed the spend about a week before the first statement's closing date and the points posted about 3 days after the first statement closed.
Thanks for your response. My bonus points just posted...2 days after statement closed.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 7:10 pm

Didn't get my Premier Personal Card, only the lesser card when Club Carlson Visa came out. Well, a lucky streak for me today.

Applied for Delta Amex Gold Biz, Citi AA Visa Biz , Citi AA visa --all approved, think i am in las vegas 777

And then thought what the heck....I applied for Club Carlson Biz and I think I am approved.. Is this what folks get cause it is confusing about the subject to further review...so am i approved or not? U.S. Bank probably saw 3 inquiries before this one.

Thank you for choosing U.S. Bank for your financial needs. Your Club Carlson Business Rewards VisaŽ Card will be mailed to you via the U.S. Postal Service within the next 7-10 business days. Your card has a credit limit of $5,000.00. Your variable rate is Prime + 13.74%. The current APR is 16.99%. Your purchases can be signed by XXXXXX

Please note that your application may be subject to further review. In the event there is a change to the status of your application, you will be notified via U.S. Mail in 7-10 days.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by metoo

And then thought what the heck....I applied for Club Carlson Biz and I think I am approved.. Is this what folks get cause it is confusing about the subject to further review...so am i approved or not? U.S. Bank probably saw 3 inquiries before this one.
Exactly what my business card approval said, I even got the same credit limit If you don't get the card in 2 weeks call them. I waited a month before I called and had them overnight it.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:26 pm

Here is the email I received after 3 days of my biz card app.

"Congratulations, you have been approved for the Club Carlson(SM) Business Rewards Visa(R) Card.

You will receive your account information via U.S. Mail in 7-10 days.

If you requested a balance transfer, you will receive a letter in the mail with information regarding the request."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.