Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:30 am

My sister got approved, but I did not. Could I have her add me as an authorized user so that I could take advantage of the last night free benefit?

Someone asked earlier if this could be used to rotate 2 night stays back and forth and it was answered no, but I'm wondering if I could just be able to use this just for a single 2 night stay. It states the club carlson member with the card who booked with 2nd night free discount must be present on the stay. So I am just hoping that this will mean that I would be considered that member.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spicecake
My sister got approved, but I did not. Could I have her add me as an authorized user so that I could take advantage of the last night free benefit?

Someone asked earlier if this could be used to rotate 2 night stays back and forth and it was answered no, but I'm wondering if I could just be able to use this just for a single 2 night stay. It states the club carlson member with the card who booked with 2nd night free discount must be present on the stay. So I am just hoping that this will mean that I would be considered that member.
Unfortunately not.

The benefits only are for the Primary cardholder who is your sister. You being an AU does not enjoy the same benefit. Because in the bank's eyes, your sister is the one who carries all the responsibilities (paying bills) and hence enjoy all the benefits of the LOYALTY Program. (in a layman's way of explanation.)

Though as an AU, you may enjoy OTHER benefits, namely Visa Signature's benefits on charges made on your AU card (price protection, rental car insurance and the like as detailed in the documents) but not the Club Carlson program's benefits.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Is there any problems with getting a business card without a properly registered LLC or some official business entity?
I have a sole proprietorship so I used my SS# and I was approved.
Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday
When I called in, I was told that my business card couldn't be approved because my business needs to be registered.
Registered with what? Read above.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Here's my data

Two new cards in last 12 mos. Credit Karma around 765. Called in to authorize app due to fraud block on CR. A week later (today) received the cardmember agreement and privacy notice from US (for the $75 signature card). I'll assume that's a good sign, no card yet, though.

Last edited by andyandy; Feb 11, 2013 at 3:14 pm Reason: added info
Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:34 pm

Exactly 3 business days received email confirming Premier signature card. they pulled equifax on which I had one hard pull in Sept 2012
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Isn't this really the best hotel credit card?

Let's assume you mostly stay two nights at hotels (or can optimize trips to do that):

Top end Radisson Blus which are very nice are 50,000 pts for 2 nights.
at 5x base points, this is at most $10,000 CC spend.

Compare that to two nights at a top tier hotel from any other chain (Hilton, Hyatt, SPG). Comments?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:46 pm

Programs: United MP Silver, Club Carlson Gold, SW CP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Priv Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gatorlionhawk
I had heard that US Bank was the hardest nut to crack, which is why I applied to their cards first.

Looks like that was a futile endeavor, as it has been 5 days and I'm still "in process" for both the Premier and Business cards.

Every time I call, they just tell me to wait a few more days. I ask, "Is there anything you need from me?", and they say, "Nope, it's in process." Ugghh... I'm getting impatient... Especially since I just got declined for my 2nd Barclay's USAir Card.

--------

Forgot to mention... I got approved for the "Platinum" card, but I rejected the offer and applied again. Probably a bad move on my part. And the first time I called for the Business card they did ask me questions about my business... I told them I didn't need a high credit limit, and she said, "Yeah, that seems fine." But still said, "It's processing."
They took FOREVER, but I finally got approved after like 10 days... I re-applied to the Visa Signature card, but once again was only approved for the Platinum... I'll get the better one next year.

As I've seen others post before: beware of US Bank's HORRIBLE online banking. It takes like 4 business days for anything to post even into 'pending' status.

Good news: received 100K Carlson points for the 2 cards with first purchases. $4K more spend and I'll get 55K more points.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:00 am

Ok, I have great credit but applied for Hyatt and Preferred cards in the past two months before trying to get this one. I didn't get approved. When I called the reconsideration line, the guy told me that he can't put in a request for reconsideration because I don't have a relationship with the bank?! What? I said, how can I start a relationship if I am not getting approved. He said I needed a checking account with them to start a relationship and I am not eligible for reconsideration request. He said "we get information from external sources about the way your credit is and wait for the letter since he doesn't know what the reason was". Wow. Should I try calling back again? Supervisor?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: spg gold
do you guys think it really helps to have a checking account with USbank?
Do you think they are looking at your pulls for 3mos,6mos,12mos or all the above?
Paging Happy
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by jkoenig51
Do you think they are looking at your pulls for 3mos,6mos,12mos or all the above?
Paging Happy
I was an instant approval. I DO have a car loan with them, I suppose that may count or something. I also didn't have any apps since June of last year. I think for this card 6 months between apps is a good idea, and a relationship could hurt. I will bring it up again but is there any benefit in applying through the link from an email from club Carlson. My thoughts, maybe there is some sort of code that recognizes it, like when you click through a portal or a blogger who gets an affiliate money. It may be nothing but I am big on finding patterns.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:49 am

US Bank Club Carlson Signature Visa Card, 85K Sign up, 40k/yr upon renewal

Thats what i always thought if you use their link site or email it might trigger instant approval if all else is okay. My credit reports are all about as good as it gets and still had three dAy wait for approval, used outside link
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by jkoenig51
Nope
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:09 am

I wonder how long I have to wait after getting the business card to apply for a personal card. Probably should have applied for both at the same time since I got instant approval on the business card.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Data Point

Just thought I'd post another data point for reference.

Was just approved for the premier card (we'll see if that one actually comes) - I waited until yesterday to allow 3 new cards from jan 2012 to roll past 12 months, and a couple cards w/ applications in october 2012 to roll past 3 months. I did get the FlexPerks card in August w/ the Olympic Gold Medal 37.5k, so it was not my first US Bank card - it had a fairly decent sized credit limit so I was ready to call to discuss splitting the credit limit off.

Anyway, the 2 for 1 award nights are great and I have a good deal of carlson points already, so I've been patiently waiting to try an application since I've heard US bank is tough and frowns upon too many new accounts or other recent US Bank cards. Maybe I was worrying too much, but I think it paid off to wait until now so that I had less new cards in the last 3 months and 12 months.

Possibly pertinent info: 780+ FICO, 3% credit utilization, 6 cards new in 2012. Got 7-10 day pending message last night, email this morning w/ approval.

Might have to go on a Barclay's card binge soon.

Last edited by goldenbear; Feb 12, 2013 at 6:01 pm
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My 2 cents on the data points posted:

How easy to get approval really depends on how "thick" your credit profile is, does not need to be with US Bank at all, but with all your past / present credit cards, loans and whatnot that have been.

Those of us who have a lengthy credit history seem to be able to get the card with relative easy - either a 3 to 5 days "In Process" or instant approval despite having other applications within the previous 3 to 6 months.

Case in point: A friend applied this card and received instant approval of 20K CL, less than 3 weeks after he has applied a AMEX HHonor and a City TYP card. He has good credit history just like most folks here but more importantly his credit history is over 20+ years long. No prior US Bank relationship.

Those of us who have a short / medium credit history need to be more "cautious" in timing the application of this card such that not having a lot of recent inquiries in previous 3 months nor immediately go on a binge right after applying this card.

Seems to me those who experienced denial or received lower cards tend to be having relatively thin credit profile therefore not enough demonstrated payment behaviors in US Bank's eyes to prove you are truly credit worthy.

Apparently US Bank runs a much tighter ship than other banks when it comes to approve credit cards. They would rather have customers who would charge enough (thanks to the 5x) and pay bills on time than hope to hook some customers who would carry revolving balances to incur finance charge (based on how loosely some other banks in approving their cards even with FICO below 700 you can still get a card from the major players.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.