FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:33 pm
gloreglabert

Originally Posted by secakc
This is my first post. Hopefully it is useful. I applied for 6 cards about 8 days ago. The only one I had issues with is US Bank club c. I already have a 2nd mortgage with them. After a long wait they said they needed to verify info. I called back the next day and they said it was declined due to information from ARS - Advanced Resolution Services. They said they could not confirm my identity and there wasn't anything they could do now, case closed. So, I call ARS and they don't know what the problem is. I call US Bank back and they said it is in process and should be approved within 24 hours. Craziest thing I ever heard. I have a theory(besides US Bank being disfunctional) that the issue was that I had a fraud alert on one of my cards about 6 months ago and had to get a new card. As mentioned before it seems they won't reconsider, but then they approve after the fact.
This is a textbook ARS denial. Nothing new and has nothing to do with confirming your identity. Freeze your ARS report and try again later.