Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

JCB Marukai Premium Card - All USA accounts to close April 2018.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
The JCB Marukai card earns up to 3% cash back on all purchases.

As of January 3, 2018, JCBUSA is no longer accepting new applications.

It had been available only to people in the following states:
California, Nevada, Oregon, Hawaii, Washington, Connecticut, Illinois, New Jersey, New York.

No annual fee for the first year.
$15.00 annual fee beginning the second year.

application: https://www.jcbusa.com/for_consumers...mium-jcb-card/
Print Wikipost

JCB Marukai Premium Card - All USA accounts to close April 2018.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:58 pm

Got a flyer in mail 3 days ago. Same promotion they had last year.

Get 50 JCB points if you visit 20 or more location. 30 JCB points if you visit 15 or more locations. Stores you visit have to be categorized as either:
Grocery store
Drug store
Discount store (eg. Target)
restaurants and cafe
Office store

Based on last year's expense, they can be the same store you visit, but have to be different locations you make the purchase.

Promo starts Jan 10, 2015 through March 10, 2015.
YMMV

Last edited by Gammachu; Jan 14, 2015 at 3:32 pm Reason: Forgot to add restaurants
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA1K,SPG/P
Originally Posted by Boraxo
2 weeks and still waiting. I guess I need to be patient (sigh)
If you call in you will probably get better processing times. I called in one week of the application and they have already sent out a mail requesting more information from me. They can email you a scan of the mail requesting information from you and you can fax them back the documents. Also after a failed attempt to fax the document (using an online service, and the picture sent over was all black), they allowed me to email the document. According to them, the card was sent out 5 days (including 2 days of weekend) after completing the documents.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:54 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Applied for a credit limit increase, can't believe got declined when every other issuier is giving out increases on the fly.

Also visited the JCB Plaza in Waikiki for the first time. Guam definitely has the better free drink machines.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Gammachu
Get 50 JCB points if you visit 20 or more location. 30 JCB points if you visit 15 or more locations. Stores you visit have to be categorized as either:
Grocery store
Drug store
Discount store (eg. Target)
Office store
I don't believe that it's the same promotion. The new flyer says "Use your JCB card at different store locations during the campaign period and get a reward of up to $50."

It looks like the main restrictions for the promotion are that online purchases don't count and while you can use it at the same chain, purchases at the same physical location only count once.

I called customer service to verify, and they said any merchant, not specific categories.

Last edited by billatq; Jan 14, 2015 at 3:35 pm Reason: teh -> the
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by billatq
I don't believe that it's the same promotion. The new flyer says "Use your JCB card at different store locations during hte campaign period and get a reward of up to $50."

It looks like the main restrictions for the promotion are that online purchases don't count and while you can use it at the same chain, purchases at the same physical location only count once.

I called customer service to verify, and they said any merchant, not specific categories.
That's what I said
"they can be the same store you visit, but have to be different locations you make the purchase."

This is exactly how last year's promo went. Here is a link for reference
https://www.jcbusa.com/category/prom...ast-promotion/
She may have said it works in any location, but I'd much rather play it safe and go with the categories listed in the flyer. Also, forgot to add restaurant as another category.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Gammachu
That's what I said
"they can be the same store you visit, but have to be different locations you make the purchase."

This is exactly how last year's promo went. Here is a link for reference
https://www.jcbusa.com/category/prom...ast-promotion/
She may have said it works in any location, but I'd much rather play it safe and go with the categories listed in the flyer. Also, forgot to add restaurant as another category.
PDF of this year's flyer for reference: http://anatifero.us/JCB-2015-01-14.pdf

Last year's actually said category. This year's doesn't say category. But you can spend however you like

Last edited by billatq; Jan 14, 2015 at 3:53 pm Reason: Added link to this year's flyer
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:35 pm

PDF of this year's flyer for reference: http://anatifero.us/JCB-2015-01-14.pdf

Last year's actually said category. This year's doesn't say category. But you can spend however you like
You're right, sorry. I assumed it was the same conditions when I saw the flyer. The list shown on the flyer just states examples of places that accept the card. Did not mean to cause confusion.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:26 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
So, I have to ask - when you all applied, how strict were JCB with the residency requirements? The 3% cashback + acceptance at Discover retailers is REALLY tempting me to apply - and since my family owns a few properties in San Diego, I was considering applying using that address.

Are they like issuers here in PR, that want to see a utility bill or lease before they open your account? Or did they not ask?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
So excited - just received my approval letter (still waiting for the plastic card and CL) Not the card for those in a rush - the whole process took about 2 months from start to finish.

Originally Posted by mkt
Are they like issuers here in PR, that want to see a utility bill or lease before they open your account? Or did they not ask?
I did not receive a request for verification, but then again my address matches the address reported on my Experian report.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:15 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
The two months is what just scared me off - I don't want an "incorrect" address reporting on my CR's for that long.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:16 pm

Has anyone not been asked to provide income verification?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by gnomontime
Has anyone not been asked to provide income verification?
Yes, I did. I believe they ask from most people.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Has anyone heard anything about whether JCB's planning on adding chips to their US cards soon/ever? I don't expect anything other than chip and signature if they are but still.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:23 pm

Programs: Far too many
AU on JCB

JCB will not allow a person to be an AU on more than one JCB account.

JCB noticed that X was an AU times 2 when the primary applied for a CL increase, and they removed X from that account. They informed the primary by phone.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:56 am

It works, but only if the biller specifically supports JCB. I've yet to see someone that supports only Discover take the card and be able to actually process it.
Does the Evolve service take JCB cards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.