Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:57 am

The Seattle business model for ALL their businesses is this:
1. buy out at a low price or destroy the competition with any dirty tricks possible
2. Seattle based managers are typically the kick down, kiss up type

You must've asked nicely--wrong play
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Does the amount of credit line you already have with BofA impact the probability of being approved for the AS Signature Visa?
Extremely likely. Which is why many of us prefer to proactively reduce the CL on any existing BofA cards to the minimum we need on that card before applying for new AS cards.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Which is why many of us prefer to proactively reduce the CL on any existing BofA cards to the minimum we need on that card before applying for new AS cards.
How? Go online and "request a credit line increase" which will actually be a decrease?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I applied for my first card in late December and reapplied last week, approximately 8 weeks later. I just got a decline letter stating that it was a "duplicate app" and, if I had any questions to write to them at the address provided.
Does the amount of credit line you already have with BofA impact the probability of being approved for the AS Signature Visa?
I got the same "duplicate application" reply from them. So I have written to them at the address they gave, explaining why I need a second card, and adding that I had recently reduced the credit line on my existing BofA Alaska Airlines card since I do not need and am not seeking more credit, but rather I am seeking a second card for the purpose of allowing me to separate my various expenses over two cards.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 1:42 pm

How? Go online and "request a credit line increase" which will actually be a decrease?
I always simply send them a secure message from my online account page, stating: "I would like to reduce my credit limit on my card ending in -0000 to $5,000. I understand and accept that this means I will not be able to increase this credit limit for 6 months, and that this will reduce my cash advance limit."
Old Mar 14, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Extremely likely. Which is why many of us prefer to proactively reduce the CL on any existing BofA cards to the minimum we need on that card before applying for new AS cards.
I had zero ccs with B of A the last three times I've applied for AS cards. Each time instantly approved for a Plat and had to call in and get them to eventually change it to a Sig.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by dublin487
Brugge, thanks for posting this, I've been having a frustrating time getting it to work though.

I did a 2BM and got instantly approved for both, but one was sig and the other plat.

I've called in a few times to ask them to replace the plat with a new second sig, but they keep saying I need to submit a new application to get the sig with all benefits, which would result in an additional inquiry. I would then just separately cancel the plat.

Any ideas on how to get it done using the original HP?
Well, they do need to do a new app, from their side. It cannot just be "upgraded" as that wouldn't get you the 25K miles. But they have done that for me 3 times now, so I don't know why they are being reluctant to do that for you.

This last time, after having been instantly approved for a Plat, and the second app of the 2BM app being approved for a Sig at Recon, they recommended I apply again with a phone rep. I foolishly tried that, and got instantly approved for another Plat. Which I immediately canceled.

I know the motto of Citi is YMMV, but B/A takes that to an absurd degree.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:21 pm

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
Thumbs up 4BM? Techniques?

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Following up from my post a few months ago. This time I decided to go for business cards, and on Monday I did a 4bm. Unfortunately I had to fax in my articles of incorporation, which meant that the process got quite involved. The first of the four cards was approved on Tuesday, and the other three were approved today, so I will end up with two credit pulls on my TU report.

For those wondering about churning this card, this has been my schedule for the last fifteen months:

Nov 2013 (1BM): Approved, cxl'd May 2014
Apr 2014 (1BM): Approved, cxl'd Jan 2015
Jun 2014 (2BM): Approved x2, one cxl'd Nov 2014, other cxl'd Jan 2015
Nov 2014 (2BM): Approved x2
Feb 2015 (4BM): Approved as 1x and 3x, each with $4K line (they offered $8K each, but didn't want that much)

So I now have four biz open, and two personal open

Hi, would you care to share some details on how to do a successful Multiple Browser Method (MBM) app with the Alaska Air CC?

It seems you did a 4BM, 4 apps at same time? Did you get auto-approval for all 4, for Signature level personal cards?

Several mos ago, I was able to get approved for 2 Alaska air CCs at same time with 2 BM using both IE and FF. Today, assisted relative opening first B of A account, and tried for a 6BM using those as well as Opera, Maxthon, Safari, Chrome. Only got ONE instant approval with Safari, 16K CL. All the rest went to pending.

What are the techniques to have success with more than 2 BM? Private mode in browsers? Different PCs? Different IPs for each app? Special techniques?

Thanks so much, and PM me if you deem appropriate.

Last edited by fletchbo; Mar 14, 2015 at 11:23 pm Reason: error
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which is why many of us prefer to proactively reduce the CL on any existing BofA cards to the minimum we need on that card before applying for new AS cards.
I have done it via online chat at the BofA website while logged in. muji already explained above how you can also do it with SM.

No bank has a preset messages for "decrease my credit limit" or "cancel my card" (the way they often have a preset message for "increase my credit iimit"), but there's a way to do it online if you create the message manually. (If the bank supports Secured Messages, that is. AMEX the bank got rid of SM, so the best you can do online there is chat. At BofA, you can do either SM or chat.)
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brugge
I had zero ccs with B of A the last three times I've applied for AS cards. Each time instantly approved for a Plat and had to call in and get them to eventually change it to a Sig.
Is that maybe part of the problem?

I don't know if it does at BofA, but at some other banks, reducing credit limit on an exiting card yet keeping it open makes that credit limit available for new cards quickly, while cancelling the card (without reducing the credit limit first) may take many months for the credit limit to go back into your "pool" of total available credit limit at that bank.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:40 am

Is that maybe part of the problem?

I don't know if it does at BofA, but at some other banks, reducing credit limit on an exiting card yet keeping it open makes that credit limit available for new cards quickly, while cancelling the card (without reducing the credit limit first) may take many months for the credit limit to go back into your "pool" of total available credit limit at that bank.
I don't think there is a rhyme or reason with B of A. There are other posts on this thread of people canceling their cards before applying for another one without a problem. Right now I'm still waiting for my Plat to be changed into a Sig, which I was told would be done after a legally required 6 weeks. That was 2 weeks ago, and nothing yet. I called and was told it was delayed due to a "system change".

2 months and still waiting.....
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:38 am

How Many AS Cards Have You Had Open When Approved For Another One?

I'm wondering if I would do better on future apps if I follow SDs advice to keep my current cards open. How many AS cards have you had still open when you were approved for another one?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Is there a general timeframe between personal and business cards? I was approved for 2 personal cards using 2bm 3weeks ago.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by cvhatton
I was in the same boat a couple days ago. Applied, got the platinum, switched credit around, had to call back to get confirmation they would switch it to a signature, no dice. The CS rep told me to just cancel the platinum and reapply and as long as I did it within 30 days, there would be no hard pull. Not sure I believe that bit.

Fast forward 30 seconds later, I applied again online and got a pending decision, called in right away and the CS rep stated it went to pending thinking it was a duplicate app. End result, she approved it with no additional HP. But as always YMMV.
I was told the same thing about the 30 day rule, wasn't sure if I believed it so just ate it and will not have a brain fart the next round (forgot to lower one of my existing AS cards with $20k limit on a 2bm)
Old Mar 17, 2015, 1:44 pm

To piggyback on what I mentioned earlier, I cancelled my platinum and reapplied for the sig. Last night I got platinum bonus (even though card was cancelled within 24 hours of approval) in my Alaska account.....now can't wait for my signature bonus to hit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.