Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Thanks for that. ^

I've been reading both of the AS threads, but somehow just missed that particular post. Exactly what I wanted to know.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Brugge
Ok, we all know it's easy to get 2 AS personal cards. But like me you might get stuck with a Plat card with a 5K sign up bonus. Taking literal months to change over to a 50K Sig card. But AFAIK, the Bus card only comes as a Sig.

My wife has a real business, and could use some more AS miles. Has anyone signed up for TWO AS Business cards at the same time? Or if not, maybe a month or two apart?
Having 2 AS threads has me confused about where to post.

Anyway, I posted this on the other thread, but don't know if everyone here is reading that one or not, so here goes again:

I was assuming that even though B of A might give you a Plat AS card on a personal app, that a Bus app would always be a Sig card. Just read on a blog that even the Bus card can be issued as a Plat.

Anyone know if this is true? I know a lot of people posting here seem to always get approved for a Sig, but 3 times in a row now, I've been instantly approved for just a Plat with a measly 5K bonus, and had to struggle to get it changed to a 50K Sig card. Right now I'm at 8 weeks since the app, and I haven't gotten the Sig card issued yet. CSR says that's due to a "system change". It's nearly time to apply for a new AS card, and I still haven't gotten the last one I applied for yet.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
Following up from my post a few months ago. This time I decided to go for business cards, and on Monday I did a 4bm. Unfortunately I had to fax in my articles of incorporation, which meant that the process got quite involved. The first of the four cards was approved on Tuesday, and the other three were approved today, so I will end up with two credit pulls on my TU report.

For those wondering about churning this card, this has been my schedule for the last fifteen months:

Nov 2013 (1BM): Approved, cxl'd May 2014
Apr 2014 (1BM): Approved, cxl'd Jan 2015
Jun 2014 (2BM): Approved x2, one cxl'd Nov 2014, other cxl'd Jan 2015
Nov 2014 (2BM): Approved x2
Feb 2015 (4BM): Approved as 1x and 3x, each with $4K line (they offered $8K each, but didn't want that much)

So I now have four biz open, and two personal open
Help me understand... Your business is incorporated, and it still hits your personal credit report? I use my social for my business since I don't have employees, but I was under the impression that if I got a tax id that wasn't my social, that I wouldn't get a pull on my personal credit report. Was that just wishful thinking on my part? Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by MadMadso
Help me understand... Your business is incorporated, and it still hits your personal credit report? I use my social for my business since I don't have employees, but I was under the impression that if I got a tax id that wasn't my social, that I wouldn't get a pull on my personal credit report. Was that just wishful thinking on my part? Thanks!
You always get the pull, the account just isn't supposed to appear on your report.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: RR, QS, AS MP, SPG
On the BoA Alaska Visa....RB Target loads count as purchases not CA, right?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by CASACW2
On the BoA Alaska Visa....RB Target loads count as purchases not CA, right?
From the Wiki of the RB Thread:

Q: Do the CC loads count as cash advances?
NO
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: RR, QS, AS MP, SPG
Originally Posted by frudd38
From the Wiki of the RB Thread:

Q: Do the CC loads count as cash advances?
NO
Thanks, I saw that after I posted my question. Thanks frudd38 for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Anyone ever done the 2BM with two existing cards open and gotten both approved? Probably been answered but can't find in my short sighted searching abilities.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: Continental - Platinum, Alaska - MVP, Hyatt - Diamond, Marriott - Platinum, Hilton - Diamond
Alaska Airlines CC kept getting declined

I just closed my Alaska Airlines card from Bank of America today after only having it open for 4 months. I tried using it for 3 transactions, 2 of which were through alaskaair.com - all 3 were declined initially. I called for the first 2, waiting on hold for well over 30 minutes on each one to have them approved. I just used a different card the 3rd time - not giving them another chance.

I asked for my $75 to be refunded and they wouldn't do it. I've used the card for 2 transactions.

Anyway, anyone else with problems with actually using their card? I have a high limit and the purchases were under $1,000 each.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:30 pm

Sorry to hear that.
I've never had that problem with an Alaska Airlines card.

Given the circumstances, I am surprised that the card issuer would not refund the $75 annual fee.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
You always get the pull, the account just isn't supposed to appear on your report.
Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Well the BoA AS Visa generally comes with some nice signup perks, so that's one reason the OP may not get the AF back...
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
I've posted in depth on this recently, and the later posts are the most accurate. In short, you will have to call Recon, have them raise your CL to $5k, and then petition Customer Relations to replace (not upgrade, replace) your Plat with a Sig card with the full sign up bonus. They will have to notify you by mail of the change in the AF, and it will take almost 2 months to get the Sig card. But if you want the miles, especially since they have already done the HP, IMO its well worth it.
Brugge, thanks for posting this, I've been having a frustrating time getting it to work though.

I did a 2BM and got instantly approved for both, but one was sig and the other plat.

I've called in a few times to ask them to replace the plat with a new second sig, but they keep saying I need to submit a new application to get the sig with all benefits, which would result in an additional inquiry. I would then just separately cancel the plat.

Any ideas on how to get it done using the original HP?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by dublin487
Brugge, thanks for posting this, I've been having a frustrating time getting it to work though.

I did a 2BM and got instantly approved for both, but one was sig and the other plat.

I've called in a few times to ask them to replace the plat with a new second sig, but they keep saying I need to submit a new application to get the sig with all benefits, which would result in an additional inquiry. I would then just separately cancel the plat.

Any ideas on how to get it done using the original HP?

I was in the same boat a couple days ago. Applied, got the platinum, switched credit around, had to call back to get confirmation they would switch it to a signature, no dice. The CS rep told me to just cancel the platinum and reapply and as long as I did it within 30 days, there would be no hard pull. Not sure I believe that bit.

Fast forward 30 seconds later, I applied again online and got a pending decision, called in right away and the CS rep stated it went to pending thinking it was a duplicate app. End result, she approved it with no additional HP. But as always YMMV.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Does the amount of credit line you already have with BofA impact the probability of being approved for the AS Signature Visa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.