Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
How long should I wait to apply another round?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:55 pm

Appllied for personal and biz today. Bofa Checking and oldest CC with them. Instant approval for personal (13k CL) but business app says its going to an analyst for review.

Should I bother calling or just let it do its thing?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
Originally Posted by lollertank
Appllied for personal and biz today. Bofa Checking and oldest CC with them. Instant approval for personal (13k CL) but business app says its going to an analyst for review.

Should I bother calling or just let it do its thing?
How long would you like to wait for a reply? B of A is slow, to approve/decline manually. If they decline you, the declination letter will take 7-10 days.

Recommend to call them to ensure they can approve you, then you just wait 7 -10 business days for the Biz card in the mail.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by fletchbo
How long would you like to wait for a reply? B of A is slow, to approve/decline manually. If they decline you, the declination letter will take 7-10 days.

Recommend to call them to ensure they can approve you, then you just wait 7 -10 business days for the Biz card in the mail.
Call right this minute. Insist that the CSR approve you for a Sig card. If you wait, they may approve you for only a Plat card, with a measly 5K mile bonus. That takes 2 months and endless phone calls to replace with a Sig card. Believe me, you don't want to go thru that. And it's not a matter or credit history, etc. I was instantly approved for a Plat, and my other app of a 2BM app went pending. Recon had no problem approving me for a Sig, despite the already approved Plat. Call !
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
Call right this minute. Insist that the CSR approve you for a Sig card. If you wait, they may approve you for only a Plat card, with a measly 5K mile bonus. That takes 2 months and endless phone calls to replace with a Sig card. Believe me, you don't want to go thru that. And it's not a matter or credit history, etc. I was instantly approved for a Plat, and my other app of a 2BM app went pending. Recon had no problem approving me for a Sig, despite the already approved Plat. Call !
+rep for this. you are spot on!

called the biz reconsideration line today and they had instantly approved me for 3k CL. asked to be moved up to a visa sig card or the additional benefits and the CSR pulled my application and began to ask additional questions. a ton of them. luckily i have a (somewhat) real business and was able to provide enough information. the questioning took 10 minutes! he recommended me for approval of the visa sig version with a 5.5k CL. card will come in 5-7 biz days.

didnt realize bofa was so strict on the business cards. i think i will stick with the personal cards every 3-6 months, where i get joke CLs
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: All of em...
Last week I got instant approval but for the Plat version for 5k miles. Called this week about getting the credit line bumped to $5k for the Visa Sig, got it. See the credit limit change online but the card is still called a Platinum Plus card. No change in Alaska Air balance. I'll be patient unless anyone has better advice there?

Today I also decided to just apply again for kicks and giggles and I got a pending. Called and got approved for a $5k line for the Visa Sig for 25k miles and the $100 credit. Sometimes it's just so easy!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:47 pm

attempted to do 2bm for personal cards. Second app was a no go and said i'd be getting a decision. Now I am worried that if they see my activity they may deny me future cards. Ahh! Any advice?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by nas6034
Now I am worried that if they see my activity they may deny me future cards...Any advice?
Do not worry about being denied future cards based upon this.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by muji
Do not worry about being denied future cards based upon this.
I don't know if I should call. This is my 3rd card. I am holding the other 2 still even though I called to cancel 1 and they said they did but I still see it open.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by nas6034
I don't know if I should call. This is my 3rd card. I am holding the other 2 still even though I called to cancel 1 and they said they did but I still see it open.
You are worried about having applied for a third card? I got approved for 3, all on the same day. There is a post a little while back about someone applying for 4 cards with a 4BM, and getting all of them. Call Recon and get it approved. You are just lucky you didn't get approved for a mere Plat card with a 5K sign up bonus.

Just call. They probably won't even mention the other cards. But if they do, just say you need to separate your personal spend from your tax deductible spend and your employer reimbursement spend.

Keep Calm and Churn On....
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpowers25
I just closed my Alaska Airlines card from Bank of America today after only having it open for 4 months. I tried using it for 3 transactions, 2 of which were through alaskaair.com - all 3 were declined initially. I called for the first 2, waiting on hold for well over 30 minutes on each one to have them approved. I just used a different card the 3rd time - not giving them another chance.

I asked for my $75 to be refunded and they wouldn't do it. I've used the card for 2 transactions.

Anyway, anyone else with problems with actually using their card? I have a high limit and the purchases were under $1,000 each.
Regulation requires issuers to refund the fee if card is canceled within X days and the X is at least 30 days but many banks have it as 60 days. Some Chase cards now have 180 days for fee refund upon closure. BofA is no exception. (or above the law). However 4 months are too long for BofA's cards.

Originally Posted by muji
Sorry to hear that.
I've never had that problem with an Alaska Airlines card.

Given the circumstances, I am surprised that the card issuer would not refund the $75 annual fee.
The fee will be refunded if card is closed.

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Well the BoA AS Visa generally comes with some nice signup perks, so that's one reason the OP may not get the AF back...
speculation without ground.

I have closed cards within the first 2 months and fee is refunded at closure. As recent as 45 days ago I was told there was NO TIME LIMIT to cancel the card to get fee refund though I strongly suspected that was yet another ignorant CSR's answer. At one point in the past there was actual writing about cancellation within 30 days after fee was billed would get fee refunded. Passed that 30 days there would be no refund.

As for the "perks" they PALE when comparing to other cards. The sign up bonus is 1/2 of other cards which more often than not waived 1st year fee. The companion cert now is no longer cheap and could only be used for coach travel for example. And they just very recently did a short term promotion to waive 1st checked bag fee... what a joke.

I dont know anyone applies this card for its "perk" and not just for the bonus which is small enough that entices people to flip it as often as people could manage. Of course BofA welcome that because 1) they could pull the dirty trick of approving you the Plat card, 2) they will get their annual fee which is never waived.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:31 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
You can cancel and apply right away. I did another 2 the day after I canceled
Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Last week I got instant approval but for the Plat version for 5k miles. Called this week about getting the credit line bumped to $5k for the Visa Sig, got it. See the credit limit change online but the card is still called a Platinum Plus card. No change in Alaska Air balance. I'll be patient unless anyone has better advice there?

Today I also decided to just apply again for kicks and giggles and I got a pending. Called and got approved for a $5k line for the Visa Sig for 25k miles and the $100 credit. Sometimes it's just so easy!
I had the same thing happen to me around end of December, credit limit changed online, but didn't get the visa sig card change until yesterday. Now just waiting to see the miles update
Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:05 am

So....... has anyone ever had the miles land in their account prior to meeting the spend? Or even prior to receiving the card?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
Originally Posted by 8fingeredflyer
So....... has anyone ever had the miles land in their account prior to meeting the spend? Or even prior to receiving the card?
Normally, miles DO land in the Alaska Frequent flyer acct BEFORE B of A credit card received. The app states "25K miles upon account approval".

I have seen the miles hit the account anywhere from 2 - 5 business days after a CC app submitted with instant online approval. Occasionally pts posting lags for more than a week. Recon calls will take longer, of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.