Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2012, 9:58 am

Data Point: Both me and my wife were approved for USAir Cards back in August of this year. Decided to press my luck and apply today for a 2nd card and was instantly approved.
Did the same for my wife but got "pending" so we'll call and see.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Has anyone tried to get the card three times? I applied first in August 2011, then again in June 2012. I cancelled the first August card, and still have the June card. I'm thinking of adding it to my January churn.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:15 am

Data point: Approved for Platinum card with only a 4K limit :-(

However, I did confirm with CS that I still get the 40K :-)

Last edited by MNHunter; Dec 18, 2012 at 11:31 am
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: lots of little things
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
Has anyone tried to get the card three times? I applied first in August 2011, then again in June 2012. I cancelled the first August card, and still have the June card. I'm thinking of adding it to my January churn.
I'm sure many have based on the previous pages. I'm on my third as well.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by dc333
I'm sure many have based on the previous pages. I'm on my third as well.
Did you apply for your 3rd after closing the first two or while you still had one card open?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC, A*A, SW RR
Originally Posted by michael_v
Did you apply for your 3rd after closing the first two or while you still had one card open?
I still had one open and got a 3rd after recon
Old Dec 18, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Originally Posted by MSYnola
How long have you been waiting in between applications? I'm applying with ~6 month gaps, and wondering if I can apply more often. It'd be nice to get a couple of cards in before Barclays improves their system.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by MSYnola
The recon agent did not notice you had a first card closed?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by MNHunter

It has not been so for those who were approved for platinum card. However let's remain optimistic and see this as a YMMV situation.
Send them a secure message and let them confirm it in writing.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou1
It has not been so for those who were approved for platinum card. However let's remain optimistic and see this as a YMMV situation.
Send them a secure message and let them confirm it in writing.
same thing for me a month or two back
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:17 pm

Applied for my second card 7 months after getting the first. Got 'pending approval'. Should I call Barclays or wait for the final decision before calling?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by Campath
Applied for my second card 7 months after getting the first. Got 'pending approval'. Should I call Barclays or wait for the final decision before calling?
Depends on how lazy you are. I'm really lazy, so I like to wait for a few days an hope the situation works itself out in my favor. I actually just applied for the card for my mom tonight. I first got an error message, then 30 minutes later an email saying she'd been approved.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by MNHunter

That's good news. Hope it's the same for others with this card.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891
That's good news. Hope it's the same for others with this card.
On the previous Chairman's offer, I got the full bonus with a $2500 CL.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:56 pm

Two more data points:
1) Applied for the new card(#3) with old card still open (#2) for both myself and my parents. All of us were instantly approved, despite still holding a card.
2) I tried to apply for 2 cards for myself via the 2 browser trick. It didn't work. I just got a screen with an error message.

Last edited by Kay_nyc; Dec 21, 2012 at 4:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.