Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Immunity passport [Merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Contact tracing at this point is not even worth the effort.
Pirrito and the810 like this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 8:52 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by catocony
Unless you are one of ‘zero Covid’ countries - basically whole SEA region, plus AU/NZ.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 9:01 pm

The first European cracks?

France is to ease some of its restrictions on international travel, its Foreign Ministry said. Travellers to or from Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Israel, Japan, Britain and Singapore will no longer need a compelling reason to travel, but will still require to present proof of a negative test taken less than 72 hours before travel.
France's government is working on a 'COVID-19 health pass', its spokesman Gabriel Attal has said. The pass would include whether a person has antibodies or the results of a negative test and could be used to gain access to restaurants or other venues.
https://newseu.cgtn.com/news/2021-03...mw0/index.html
LETTERBOY, LHR FLYER and seigex like this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by lobo411
The first European cracks?
I think Europe has already cracked, with the EU publishing draft legislation next week. I assume the EU legislation will only cover travel between or into EU countries, provide standardized (digital?) documentation, some degree of protections and then it will be up to countries how it should be used within the countries (e.g. needed to go to a music festival). We can probably expect some shrill headlines next week.
GUWonder and lobo411 like this.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 2:50 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by catocony
That may depend on the country/region.

Perhaps "immunity passports" of sort may end up also being used to facilitate contact tracing.
lobo411 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 12:30 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
China is deploying vaccine passport for people going from HK to the mainland.

But only if they have been vaccinated with one of the Chinese vaccines.

https://viewfromthewing.com/china-in...-are-eligible/

The question is, will other countries accept vaccine passports showing vaccination with one of the Chinese vaccines being carried by Chinese tourists?

May come down again to money.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Not sure which thread to ask this so I'll try here. Has there been any talk of requiring certain vaccines to get these immunity passports (or just showing proof should a country require it)? I've seen some wording allowing fully vaccinated people to enter countries, usually along the lines of 2 weeks after the second dose. This was before J&J approval though. In a week I will be eligible and would like to do J&J but don't want to get screwed and not allowed in certain countries because I only got one dose.
lobo411 and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
In a week I will be eligible and would like to do J&J but don't want to get screwed and not allowed in certain countries because I only got one dose.
JNJ is WHO, FDA, and EMA approved. You're not gonna have a problem.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by lobo411
JNJ is WHO, FDA, and EMA approved. You're not gonna have a problem.
Didn't think so either but these are strange times so I wasn't sure. Can't wait to get it and start travelling again without having to worry about being stuck for 2 weeks somewhere should I get it. Well a much lesser chance anyway.
lobo411 and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 3:30 pm

Does anyone else find "it's inequitable to use vaccination status as a criteria for international travel" to be more than a little hypocritical, considering that no one has ever questioned the equity of basing international travel on wealth and citizenship?
LETTERBOY and jcain like this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 4:22 pm
exp
Suspended

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Didn't think so either but these are strange times so I wasn't sure. Can't wait to get it and start travelling again without having to worry about being stuck for 2 weeks somewhere should I get it. Well a much lesser chance anyway.

Well a lot of countries, most of the really popular tourist destinations, have not yet said they would take in ANY foreign tourists, whether vaccinated or not.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 5:05 pm

More cracks...I'm thinking either the EU will move forward on vaccination passports, or EU nations will go it alone after getting tired of Franco-Prussian foot dragging.

With the full support of its local authorities, Ibiza plans to run its own vaccine certificate scheme to permit passengers from all over the world to visit the island by the summer, SchengenVisaInfo.com reports.
In January, Spain’s authorities declared that they would follow some European countries’ path and impose vaccination certificates to facilitate the travel process for all persons who have been vaccinated against the deadly disease.

However, such a plan it seems that its taking time to be revived, as recently Spain’s Minister of Industry, Trade and Tourism, Reyes Maroto, called on the European Commission to accelerate the issuing of vaccination documents which, among other things, would help the safe restart of travel and the recovery of the tourism sector.
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...ers-worldwide/
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by exp
Well a lot of countries, most of the really popular tourist destinations, have not yet said they would take in ANY foreign tourists, whether vaccinated or not.
there’s enough open right now that I’ll be ok for a while. I’d be traveling now but the concern of testing positive and being stuck for 2 weeks is enough to keep me home. This will at least reduce that risk.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by exp
The question is, will other countries accept vaccine passports showing vaccination with one of the Chinese vaccines being carried by Chinese tourists?
Since I'm getting the Chinese jab (Sinopharm) later today, I certainly hope so. The EU is dragging its feet with approvals of Russian and Chinese vaccines (for obvious reasons), but I'm hoping the smell of Chinese tourist money will be too attractive to ignore when vaccination passports/certificates become a relevant document for international travel.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 7:20 pm
exp
Suspended

I don't think the Chinese or the Russians plan to submit those vaccines to FDA or the EU equivalent?

That is why there will be skepticism about those vaccines in the West.

If they conducted trials with the standards required by the FDA and the EU agency, I think there would be more confidence. Instead, we get some patchwork of data from UAE and Brazil, as well as Russia?

I read that the PRC ordered some small volume of Pfizer vaccines. So who's getting those? Probably not a part of a wider vaccination rollout I'm guessing.

It'll be also telling which vaccines HK residents will get. They're reportedly getting enough Pfizer vaccine to cover a much higher percentage of the HK population than the amount ordered by the PRC would cover the Mainland population.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.