Wiki Posts
Search

Immunity passport [Merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:30 am
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
On way home after a 3 week trip (mostly in France, a couple of nights in Barcelona).

first time anyone has asked to look at my vaccination card is the LH lounge in FRA, in Hall Z.

I was asked to show negative test result twice, for the trip back to the US.

now France will require digital green pass from its and EU citizens for most cultural venues and possibly restaurants.

Greece and Italy are also said to be considering it.

so the CDC card may be requested more in the EU rest of this year.

meanwhile Northern CA doctor arrested for selling fake CDC cards. She advised patients not to get vaccine, instead buy immunization pellets from her, mix with covid. So she was writing fake cards if people bought her cure?

but the weird urge got people to report her.
adrianlondon and lobo411 like this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:41 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by downinit
Traveling from a green country is not generally going to be an issue. Where it gets tricky is if the USA turns amber or you pass through an amber country on the way to a third country. That is when the requirements become murky and inconsistent. Even more so, if it is a red country. Given the uncertainty surround the delta variant, it is impossible to predict which and when countries will be getting downgraded. At this point it is fair to say that any country open to USA citizens is going to accept the CDC card, since it is the only thing that most of us can provide. The issue is that some countries are accepting us with the card, while others are just accepting us because we are green (no restrictions required).
Except not quite. Egypt requires a QR code which is obviously not on the card. There may be others like that but that is one I have been following
Of course there is a backup plan that those from the US can get in with a PCR test with a stamp or QR code but still they are technically not accepting our vaccine card
Old Jul 15, 2021, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by aj411
Except not quite. Egypt requires a QR code which is obviously not on the card. There may be others like that but that is one I have been following
Of course there is a backup plan that those from the US can get in with a PCR test with a stamp or QR code but still they are technically not accepting our vaccine card
My comment was specifically for traveling in the EU, which has a more consistent set of rules. And 'generally' because even then, it is not 100%. Czechia requires a test for everyone without an EU vaccine cert, even when traveling from a green country. There are surely other exceptions, and that list will probably be getting longer as border lockdown 3.0 continues to gain steam. Sad to say, the best time for Americans to visit Europe was in the last month. The rest of us are SOL until at least 2022.
aj411 and lobo411 like this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:10 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
In Verona, I went to a fast sandwich place, said if I wanted to eat inside I would need a green pass but I could eat outside without one.

Then went to Bergamo and saw someone checking for passes to enter a museum exhibit. I wasn’t planning to visit it but showed my passport and CDC card and he let me in.

now in Innsbruck, hotel asked to see my CDC card at check in and a cafe I went to get lunch also asked to see, even though I was seated at outdoor table. The hotel incidentally said I don’t need to mask in the hotel or breakfast room since I am vaccinated.

now getting dinner, it’s a very mild evening so I went to another place with outdoor tables. Didn’t ask to see any proof of vaccination.
vanillabean likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 5:57 am

We will (hopefully) be in California next month. As they now require proof of vaccination in most indoor places (restaurants, etc) we are wondering if our NHS proof of vaccination will be accepted. Has anyone else from the UK been to Cali recently?
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by nhow
We will (hopefully) be in California next month. As they now require proof of vaccination in most indoor places (restaurants, etc) we are wondering if our NHS proof of vaccination will be accepted. Has anyone else from the UK been to Cali recently?
Given how poorly handled the roll-out of vaccination documentation has been in the USA, most restaurants and bars will probably accept just about anything that looks somewhat official, and the NHS proof surely looks better than a crappy CDC card. That said, I have seen some large event promoters that clearly specify that the vaccination must have been performed in the USA. Excluding vaccinations from UK/EU makes absolutely no sense, but I think they were just looking to make it simple and transparent. It remains to be seen if that will actually be enforced, but I would be surprised if it is, considering how lax or nonexistent the checks I have seen recently in LA have been. I went to two festivals this weekend in Los Angeles that both announced having vaccine/testing requirements. One did not bother to even check at all, and the other just did a quick glance at my QR code issued by the state to see the vaccine and date. I am going to a very large festival this weekend with a vaccine/testing requirement, but they are allowing at-home tests, which are very easy to fake. We are definitely doing everything half-arsed over here in the USA when it comes to covid, as evident from our 'USA #1' cases and deaths count.
nhow and gudugan like this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 1:51 am

Thanks for your reply. Sounds pretty much like the scene in the UK at the moment. I think you're probably right that we may get a variety of responses. We actually have the NHS certificate in three forms, the card we received on site when we got vaccinated, the NHS app on our phones and a printout from the app. Hopefully one of these will be enough for restaurants and theatres in San Fran and LA. Fingers crossed!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.