Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Travel Insurance specific to AS or others who provide only future travel credits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Insurance specific to AS or others who provide only future travel credits

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2021, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG

I'm searching for a travel insurance policy that provides "Cancel for any reason" (CFAR). AS (AK Air) allows me to cancel without penalty to "My Wallet" the value of my airline reservation for future travel. However, it does have a restriction as to expiration date as to using said credit. I'm concerned that Covid conditions in Kauai will result in a travel shutdown in December 2021. Has anyone found an insurance policy that doesn't require you to include the airfare with date limit as part of the trip costs in applying tor this specific CFAR coverage. (If included, it would nearly double the cost of the insurance premium.) I really only want to protect the non-refundable condo booking and, if we actually go, cover the Covid medical, evacuation, quarantine costs if we were to get sick over there. (FYI, fully vaccinated and should have 3rd shot booster shot by then.) Any ideas?

I'm comfortable that I'd use the "My Wallet" funds with AS, but want to be able to bail out before travel and cover the condo and protect the Covid coverage if we do go.

Last edited by AKBasqUkr; Aug 24, 2021 at 11:37 pm Reason: wasn't completely clear

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.