Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

(Domestic) Again, Elites sit in back, non-revs up front (fact)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Domestic) Again, Elites sit in back, non-revs up front (fact)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Thanks CO_Nonrev_elite for the details. As you would expect, we will be following up on this.

Upgrade integrity is something we take very seriously. While transparency tools such as continental.com/info and our new gate information displays (GIDs) go a long way to show this commitment, we still make mistakes. And when this happens, well take the necessary steps to address it.
^
Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA nothing (former multi-year CO Platinum), AA 1M Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive
Thanks CO_Nonrev_elite for the details. As you would expect, we will be following up on this.

Upgrade integrity is something we take very seriously. While transparency tools such as continental.com/info and our new gate information displays (GIDs) go a long way to show this commitment, we still make mistakes. And when this happens, well take the necessary steps to address it.
I hope it was truly a "mistake". But it sure does not sound so. If this was a deliberate act of not following policy AND falsifying company records, I hope you will consider it more than a mistake. What would happen in a csse like this if there were a serious accident that involved an investigation... and it becomes known that a Continental gate agent deliberately sent a flight out with many people not in the seats as shown on the seat map? And if further investigation revelaed that it was not a one time event?
Old Apr 19, 2009, 5:07 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Good, bad and ugly

Have to say that if what appears to be shenanigans is found to truly have occurred I would share the righteous anger but also trust that CO will look into it and act according to their findings. (Scott, kudos for taking the time to respond on a Sunday afternoon.) Of course it would be a violation of HR rules and regs for CO to provide detailed info here, but it would be nice to know - given the seemingly damning evidence laid out - what was found on investigation.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 5:11 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Thumbs down

I hate reading stories like this )-:

Elite Status Is Not A Matter of Life and Death...It's Much More Important Than That!
Old Apr 19, 2009, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Well, I just woke up to find 76 replies.

Answers:
1. I don't believe my friend cares about compensation. That's not the point. In the grand scale of things, this is not a big deal, the sky isn't falling, it is just something that should be fixed.

2. CO_Nonrev_Elite - I am platinum on Continental, but I also pass ride on CO a lot too when I have time off. Ultimately just a silly name.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA MM
I was #1 on the upgrade list a few days ago on CO883 IAH-BOG. I didn't get the upgrade and sat in 5C.

Once onboard, I couldn't help but notice that the guy in 4D, who was translating a powerpoint on a big laptop screen for the whole flight, was CO's VP for Latin America marketing. I'm pretty sure he wasn't flying on a paid ticket...

Is there a point at which a nonrev is high enough in the management structure that different rules apply? I would guess so... I've never seen any CO management beside me in many trips in Row 5

Last edited by perezoso; Apr 19, 2009 at 5:42 pm
Old Apr 19, 2009, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by perezoso
I was #1 on the upgrade list a few days ago on CO883 IAH-BOG. I didn't get the upgrade and sat in 5C.

Once onboard, I couldn't help but notice that the guy in 4D, who was translating a powerpoint on a big laptop screen for the whole flight, was CO's VP for Latin America marketing. I'm pretty sure he wasn't flying on a paid ticket...

Is there a point at which a nonrev is high enough in the management structure that different rules apply? I would guess so... I've never seen any CO management beside me in many trips in Row 5
Senior management at most airlines receive special passes that allow them to fly in the premium cabin.

I'm sure the rules vary by airline and perhaps also by the person involved, but my understanding is that these senior management passes may not displace revenue pax.

In this case, this senior manager's pass likely displaced you not as a revenue passenger, but as an upgrader, since you still flew as a revenue passenger in the class of service you purchased.

BTW, is BOG still an incredible madhouse?
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by sbm12
Which CO employees do you think are tasked with monitoring FT rants 24/7?? ...
Thanks CO_Nonrev_elite for the details. As you would expect, we will be following up on this. ...

While he may not be "tasked" with monitoring FT, he seems to do his job well. As a mostly DL flyer, communication certainly seems to me to be one of CO's stronger areas, and the reason I will sorely miss having CO as a ST option after October.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Oh, btw, do you know what BOHICA stands for?
But Our Home Is Continental Airlines?

(something something) Houston, It's Continental Airlines?

But Our Hope Is COInsider Again?

oh, I give up.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
LOL.

I guess UA is not the only one who does it, huh?

Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat

Thank you so much for answering this thread on a Sunday, when most of us wouldn't expect an answer. Your commitment to FT is much appreciated! ^
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by perezoso

I once had a member of CO management on a DFW-IAH flight in coach. Granted, that's a short flight and it was one with a small front cabin. I have flown up front with other CO mgmt and it is what it is. Still better than the general "employee class" I've seen on other airlines.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by afrugal1
Good thread made better by multiple use of the word 'shenanigans'.

Yes!
Us long-time "South Park" fans certainly appreciate it ^
Old Apr 19, 2009, 7:01 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
Senior management at most airlines receive special passes that allow them to fly in the premium cabin.

I'm sure the rules vary by airline and perhaps also by the person involved, but my understanding is that these senior management passes may not displace revenue pax.

Flew with LK once when the GA was asking for downgrades to F pax. I think it was $400. IAH-DCA or EWR. Not sure, but I THINK it was because LK hoped on the flight and wanted the F seat. He boarded late...rushed. Entourage in Y. This was a few years ago.

So..I believe SOME mngt may be able to bump revenue pax. (WITH nice compensation..btw)
Old Apr 19, 2009, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sfogate
CO isn't diluting its Elite product, this is an example of a GA violating the rules. In this day and age of the PDA site, I have no idea why a GA would do something like this and expect to not "get caught".

This GA is totally wrong to have done this and I would hope that they do get fired. The non-revs that were told to sit in F class didn't really do wrong because we are told, when non-reving, to do as the GA asks if we wish to get on the flight. We have no rights, per se.

Yes there are times when a GA has to seat customers in the F cabin and it will not show on the PDA site prior to closing the door, if the GA is running out of time but they are to fix/show their work before they close the flight out in the computer.
Still have 2 more pages of reading to go, but this seems to sum it up just right. I will say that I fly the same route over and over and switched to Continental from Delta specifically because of the elite program. Seeing something like this happen to me would sure shake my trust in the brand even though I am a big fan of Continental.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.