Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Additional Elite Mileage Bonus for Presidential Plus Cardmembers – Eff. Mar. 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Additional Elite Mileage Bonus for Presidential Plus Cardmembers – Eff. Mar. 1

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by ekwang
How will they know to credit my OP account with the extra mileage?
I reckon your OnePass account is flagged as being a card-holder. Assuming you're crediting the trip to the same account that is linked to your card (which you provide at the time of application).
Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
awww heck, looks like I finally will have to upgrade.

BTW, Avis is worthless and their benefits are useless. All I want is their shuttles to run on a regular schedule and they can't even get that right.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
Originally Posted by ekwang
Hi,

This is a good question. March 12 I fly to the UK and I purchased my flight with my AMX PLAT card. I have a sneaking suspicion that I would have had to purchase this ticket with my Pres Plus card to qualify for the added mileage bonus. Hopefully I'll be wrong!

Eric
According to Scott, you are incorrect. Doesn't matter how you pay.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Nice to be wrong

This one of those rare moments in my life where I'm glad to be WRONG.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by belynch
Still not worth the aggravation of dealing with Chase, imho.
you just brought me back to reality
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:38 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I got an paper offer on my meal tray on a recent Continental Flight. The offer included $75 off first year membership fee. However, it did not mention the 25% bonus. If I apply, will I still receive the 25% elite bonus? Or does it only apply to those who sign up via the new link on CO website?
Hi BlissWorld, the new 25% Elite bonus mile benefit is for all Presidential Plus cardmembers, current and future, regardless of how enrolled.

Originally Posted by SS255
The 25% mileage bonus appears to be RDM's only, and not EQM's. Perhaps CO Insider can clarify this.
That's correct, SS255, the Elite members will earn an extra 25% RDMs, not EQMs.

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
How does this work for couples? I'm a Plat and so is Mrs SuperG. We would both want to receive the 25% bonus Miles. As far as the PC is concerned, the ideal would be a membership and a spouse membership.

It doesn't make sense for each of us to have a separate Chase Presidential Account, but to have 2 cards on one account.
Hi SuperG1955, the 25% Elite bonus mile benefit applies only to the primary cardmember - the one whose OnePass account is linked to the card. For your wife to be eligible for the bonus mile benefit, she'd have to have her own Presidential Plus account linked to her own OnePass number.

Originally Posted by texd
So it sounds like it would not be a problem for me (LT PC member) to upgrade from the World card and add Mrs. texd (not a PC member) as my second card on the account. She wouldn't get a membership or anything (almost all of her flying is either with me or to airports without clubs anyway), but she would get the benefit of premium wine discounts when we're in the club (that extra $15 annual fee will pay for itself quick).
That's all correct, texd. Just be sure to call the special number for lifetime Presidents Club members (800.346.0123), and we'll be able to get your WorldCard account upgraded to the Presidential Plus for the discounted annual fee.

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Any special rates for us overseas Plats who get PC membership free?
Hi spainflyer, not at this time, but thanks for the suggestion.

Originally Posted by craz
1stly, I now wonder if this was COs intent all along when they reduced the Bonus Miles. as i dont think they would have left it at the old % and then on top of that give an extra 25%
You crack me up, craz. I actually did a spit-take when I read this.

Originally Posted by Scott6067
For the LT PC members out there this increases the benefits to getting the card. Now for a $100 you get:

- Hyatt Gold
- Avis Presidential (which includes Avis First Benefits I believe)
- $3 discount on wine (just drink 33 glasses of premium wines a year and
it pays for the card)
- 25% Bonus on miles earned on Continental
- Free first and second bag for user (Elites don't benefit much but those
traveling with them do or non-elites too)
- Miles for purchases as well
- Elite Access (if you dont have it)

This in my opinion makes the card beneficial to LT PC members.
Thanks Scott6067, just a couple clarifications to your original post. First, the card comes with Hyatt Platinum status (not Gold). Second, the extra 25% bonus for flights on Continental applies only to Elite members. Enjoy!
Old Jan 7, 2009, 11:17 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum; United 1MM, 1K
How do you get the $75 discount on the first year fee?
Old Jan 8, 2009, 9:35 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
I've got a rock bottom opinion of Chase but I do have the card and will confess the special desk that deals with us (I think it's part of the JPMorgan Private Client support staff) has been efficient, competent and polite.

Last edited by J.Edward; Jan 8, 2009 at 9:46 am
Old Jan 8, 2009, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by J.Edward
the special desk that deals with us
Ahh. Interesting development.

Now, if only they'd give you access to a separate website that functions a bit better than chase.com, maybe I'd consider it.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
I've had a chase card for a few years now and except for a bit of an overzealous fraud protection arm that cuts off the card when a lot of moneygets spent or on any foreign purchase (I have to call ahead before all international and let them know or else it's cut off), I have had no trouble with Chase.

COPPMC is my primary card and I traffic just about everything through it. I'm desperate for the Flex EQMs as it is a struggle for me to make gold each year.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: UA G, *G, Global Entry, Marriott, Hilton, Fairmont, Hyatt, Starwood etc
Angry How do you figure?

Now, this card really beats the Amex plat for access.[/QUOTE]

How so? Amex plat gives you access to many more clubs and elite status at hotel chains and concierge travel service, etc. And besides it doesn't involve Chase, the worst bank in the world for credit cards! We've been fooled before by these Chase offers, I wouldn't trust them to honor their commitments. CO and Chase usually blame each other for not doing so in my experience.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
I have had no trouble with Chase.
Fair enough.

I won't go into the gory details of my problems with them (you can PM me if you want), but I had multiple accounts - Checking, Auto Finance, and CC - and each one experienced their own unique shades of idiocy. There was borderline unethical business practices on the CC and Auto accounts.

Fool me once...
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by J.Edward
I've got a rock bottom opinion of Chase but I do have the card and will confess the special desk that deals with us (I think it's part of the JPMorgan Private Client support staff) has been efficient, competent and polite.
Interesting.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:11 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Another question: Does the Chase Pres Plus MC give you the two yearly CO discount coupons, which you get with the regular Chase World MC?

Obviously it does not give you the two PC passes.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by cova
Another question: Does the Chase Pres Plus MC give you the two yearly CO discount coupons, which you get with the regular Chase World MC?

Obviously it does not give you the two PC passes.
You mean the free wallpaper? They can keep them for all I've been able to figure out how to derive any benefit.

I would like to still get the PC passes, though. It would make it nice if, on the off chance, someone was travelling with my family.

Fair enough.

I won't go into the gory details of my problems with them (you can PM me if you want), but I had multiple accounts - Checking, Auto Finance, and CC - and each one experienced their own unique shades of idiocy. There was borderline unethical business practices on the CC and Auto accounts.

Fool me once...
We got burned pretty bad by Chase Auto, and the onyl time I've ever really blown up with a CSR was trying to get my PC passes on my first anniversary (they aren't mailed out until six months after your anniversary, my muscular buttocks).

As for this card...well, I signed up. I have a question for Scott - I signed up and have a flight on 18 Jan that I have already paid for. Will I get the extra 25% bonus from the PPMC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.