Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Additional Elite Mileage Bonus for Presidential Plus Cardmembers – Eff. Mar. 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:02 am
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Hi Everyone, if you’re an Elite member and a Presidential Plus cardmember, today we have some good news... especially if bonus miles are important to you.

When we announced our Elite bonus mile changes last September, the feedback was clear – especially here on FlyerTalk. Thanks to our partnership with Chase, we’ve come up with a solution that makes these extra bonus miles accessible once again. Specifically, Elite members who are also Continental Presidential Plus cardmembers will get an additional 25% Elite mileage bonus for all Continental-operated flights, starting on Mar. 1, 2009.

How does this work? If you’re an Elite member, and have a Continental Presidential Plus card associated with your OnePass account, you’ll earn the following Elite bonus on all flights operated by Continental (including Continental Express, Continental Micronesia and Continental Connection):
  • Silver Elite: 25% Elite bonus + 25% Presidential Plus bonus = 50%

• Gold & Platinum Elite: 100% Elite bonus + 25% Presidential Plus bonus = 125%
For more information, go to continental.com > Products & Services > Continental Airlines Credit Cards > Presidential Plus World MasterCard or Presidential Plus World MasterCard for Business. Thanks for your business, and enjoy the extra miles!
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Interesting. I may consider getting the card now.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
^

I think this is a good compromise.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Still not worth the aggravation of dealing with Chase, imho.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Already re-upped for this year ...might consider getting one dergon_gf now
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Nice added benefit (sell those miles... sell those miles).

I'm not a cardholder as my company pays for my PClub membership (valid for two more years).
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/ *G
Just read the T&Cs on the website Scott cited, but it does not mention if tickets must be purchased with the card to qualify for the bonus. I have to use my corp. travel service, so that would not be possible for me - but if it is not necessary this may make it worth it. Anyone know?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
this is interesting news. I may get this card now. I just paid $350 for my PC membership, but if chace is willing to waive the fee for the first year and get CO to refund my PC membership fee, I will sign up.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by tabTX
Just read the T&Cs on the website Scott cited, but it does not mention if tickets must be purchased with the card to qualify for the bonus. I have to use my corp. travel service, so that would not be possible for me - but if it is not necessary this may make it worth it. Anyone know?
I think it is using your cardholder status to provide if it is like the other chase benefits. Not if you purchased using it, with exception of the insurances offered that require you to pay, but I could always be wrong
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by jrzyshawn
this is interesting news. I may get this card now. I just paid $350 for my PC membership, but if chace is willing to waive the fee for the first year and get CO to refund my PC membership fee, I will sign up.
The will make an offer for existing PC members.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tabTX
I doubt it. Elite benefits from the card do not require you to purchase your ticket with the card, the status is just attached on the CO side.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:26 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Interesting, but if you have a LT PC membership, the Chase Presidental card does not offer much extra. Now how about getting this applied to the Chase World Master Card as well!
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
This is great news and a good sign that CO still listens (but comes a little late for those who made decisions on earning 2009 elite status based on the changes announced earlier). But still ^^
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:41 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Say - someone earned Gold at 50K miles. The 25% bonus would be 12.5K additional miles. At $350 for the Chase Pres Plus card - there are cheaper ways to get those 12.5K miles.

Getting the PC club membership is still the main reason for getting the Chase Pres Plus card. The flex EQM are not that much.

Question - for those with the Chase Pres Plus card - do you get a separate PC membership card as well as your charge card - or do you just show your Pres Plus card?

Does the Chase Pres Plus card give you full benefits as a PC member - ie - access to NW/DL lounges at any time and some international lounge access?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:48 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Hi Everyone, if you’re an Elite member and a Presidential Plus cardmember, today we have some good news... especially if bonus miles are important to you.

When we announced our Elite bonus mile changes last September, the feedback was clear – especially here on FlyerTalk. Thanks to our partnership with Chase, we’ve come up with a solution that makes these extra bonus miles accessible once again. Specifically, Elite members who are also Continental Presidential Plus cardmembers will get an additional 25% Elite mileage bonus for all Continental-operated flights, starting on Mar. 1, 2009.

How does this work? If you’re an Elite member, and have a Continental Presidential Plus card associated with your OnePass account, you’ll earn the following Elite bonus on all flights operated by Continental (including Continental Express, Continental Micronesia and Continental Connection):
  • Silver Elite: 25% Elite bonus + 25% Presidential Plus bonus = 50%

• Gold & Platinum Elite: 100% Elite bonus + 25% Presidential Plus bonus = 125%
For more information, go to continental.com > Products & Services > Continental Airlines Credit Cards > Presidential Plus World MasterCard or Presidential Plus World MasterCard for Business. Thanks for your business, and enjoy the extra miles!

Hey CO Insider. Thanks for the info. I have Presidential Plus Chase Card. Have had it for about 18 months. Love the flex EQMs I get. How do I know that my card is linked to my OnePass account. Is it automatic? Although I always buy my flights on the card, do I have to to get the extra miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.