FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Additional Elite Mileage Bonus for Presidential Plus Cardmembers – Eff. Mar. 1
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:38 pm
UA Insider
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I got an paper offer on my meal tray on a recent Continental Flight. The offer included $75 off first year membership fee. However, it did not mention the 25% bonus. If I apply, will I still receive the 25% elite bonus? Or does it only apply to those who sign up via the new link on CO website?
Hi BlissWorld, the new 25% Elite bonus mile benefit is for all Presidential Plus cardmembers, current and future, regardless of how enrolled.

Originally Posted by SS255
The 25% mileage bonus appears to be RDM's only, and not EQM's. Perhaps CO Insider can clarify this.
That's correct, SS255, the Elite members will earn an extra 25% RDMs, not EQMs.

Originally Posted by SuperG1955
How does this work for couples? I'm a Plat and so is Mrs SuperG. We would both want to receive the 25% bonus Miles. As far as the PC is concerned, the ideal would be a membership and a spouse membership.

It doesn't make sense for each of us to have a separate Chase Presidential Account, but to have 2 cards on one account.
Hi SuperG1955, the 25% Elite bonus mile benefit applies only to the primary cardmember - the one whose OnePass account is linked to the card. For your wife to be eligible for the bonus mile benefit, she'd have to have her own Presidential Plus account linked to her own OnePass number.

Originally Posted by texd
So it sounds like it would not be a problem for me (LT PC member) to upgrade from the World card and add Mrs. texd (not a PC member) as my second card on the account. She wouldn't get a membership or anything (almost all of her flying is either with me or to airports without clubs anyway), but she would get the benefit of premium wine discounts when we're in the club (that extra $15 annual fee will pay for itself quick).
That's all correct, texd. Just be sure to call the special number for lifetime Presidents Club members (800.346.0123), and we'll be able to get your WorldCard account upgraded to the Presidential Plus for the discounted annual fee.

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Any special rates for us overseas Plats who get PC membership free?
Hi spainflyer, not at this time, but thanks for the suggestion.

Originally Posted by craz
1stly, I now wonder if this was COs intent all along when they reduced the Bonus Miles. as i dont think they would have left it at the old % and then on top of that give an extra 25%
You crack me up, craz. I actually did a spit-take when I read this.

Originally Posted by Scott6067
For the LT PC members out there this increases the benefits to getting the card. Now for a $100 you get:

- Hyatt Gold
- Avis Presidential (which includes Avis First Benefits I believe)
- $3 discount on wine (just drink 33 glasses of premium wines a year and
it pays for the card)
- 25% Bonus on miles earned on Continental
- Free first and second bag for user (Elites don't benefit much but those
traveling with them do or non-elites too)
- Miles for purchases as well
- Elite Access (if you dont have it)

This in my opinion makes the card beneficial to LT PC members.
Thanks Scott6067, just a couple clarifications to your original post. First, the card comes with Hyatt Platinum status (not Gold). Second, the extra 25% bonus for flights on Continental applies only to Elite members. Enjoy!