Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Additional Elite Mileage Bonus for Presidential Plus Cardmembers – Eff. Mar. 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Additional Elite Mileage Bonus for Presidential Plus Cardmembers – Eff. Mar. 1

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by Toog4me
please explain further (if possible). as i have an amex plat, 375 isnt worth it. 100 is.
Having an amex plat doesn't qualify you for reduced price PP
Old Mar 10, 2009, 1:04 pm

Programs: CO Silver
Originally Posted by Steph3n
Having an amex plat doesn't qualify you for reduced price PP
re read what i wrote
Old Mar 10, 2009, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Toog4me
please explain further (if possible). as i have an amex plat, 375 isnt worth it. 100 is.
Sure, but the lifetime Presidents Club membership will cost you a lot more. This card and the AX Plat are not complimentary; keep one or the other, IMO. And unless you want to make the significant up-front investment in the lifetime PC membership then you'll be paying the $375 annual fee.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Agree with above.

I essentilly wasted one year's of duplicated fees by keeping both the Amex plat and the PPMC for the first year I had the PP card. Should have just dumped the AMEX. It quickly became obsolete for my usage.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:02 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nzqjyb
Well damn. I called the 800-346-0123 number and ID'd myself at LT PC and current CW MC holder and all they would do is put me in for a new PPMC. It was only 5pm CST but the person was far far away(dot not feather) and would not go off script no matter how hard I tried to explain that I just wanted WMC -----> PPMC. They suggested I call the number on the back of the WMC and stopped processing my application.

I called the WMC number, got a great lady who knew exactly what I wanted to do, flipped my card to a PPMC but ......wait for it.......she would not relent on the annual fee being lower for LT PC members. Said it would be 375 like anyone else and actually skewed Continental a bit for communicating anything else as Chase sets the numbers. Understood her point but not thrilled and certainly don't feel like calling 800-346-0123 back to have them rectify the situation. Wish I knew the "GG" code for the Chase folks to look this one up. Hopefully the adding machines on the interweb will figure it out before I have to pick up the phone.
Hi nzqjyb, sorry for the confusion. Based on examples like yours, we're working with Chase to make the enrollment process for lifetime Presidents Club members more foolproof. In the mean time, we'll be in contact with you to make sure your account is correctly set up.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:30 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
Was the Hyatt membership suppose to come automatically?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by Scott6067
Was the Hyatt membership suppose to come automatically?
Yes.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 12:25 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Agree with above.

I essentilly wasted one year's of duplicated fees by keeping both the Amex plat and the PPMC for the first year I had the PP card. Should have just dumped the AMEX. It quickly became obsolete for my usage.
ditto. I just dumped my amex plat. PPMC offers more benefits for me than amex did.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Brituchenite
ditto. I just dumped my amex plat. PPMC offers more benefits for me than amex did.
Really? IMO the only things that are better about the PPMC are the full PC membership rather than access only when flying on the specific carrier and the lower price. On just about every other front the AX wins from my perspective. And I can count the number of times I've missed lounge access because of the setup for the AX card so it isn't that many for me. This is one of those things where each person's experience will be different, but I would think that the PPMC wins on cost rather than comprehensive benefits.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Location: Was living in WAS now DFW, at least closer to IAH!;)
Programs: UA:1K SPG:PLT MR:GLD AVIS-HERTZ:PREZ and AA is for quitters!
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Hi nzqjyb, sorry for the confusion. Based on examples like yours, we're working with Chase to make the enrollment process for lifetime Presidents Club members more foolproof. In the mean time, we'll be in contact with you to make sure your account is correctly set up.
Yeah I hung up and figured the thing would work itself out in a few billing cycles. Well I was wrong. Got a call from a very nice lady at Chase today explaining they noticed my card wasn't upgraded just right and they fixed it. I was pleasantly surprised and now suspect they called at your (CO Insider urging and you might have been monitoring the call for quality assurance because the next thing she did was give me her direct (DID), not even extension, number if I have any questions or problems with the PP MC in the future.

I promptly fell out of my chair at that point. Thanks dude.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:55 am
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nzqjyb
Yeah I hung up and figured the thing would work itself out in a few billing cycles. Well I was wrong. Got a call from a very nice lady at Chase today explaining they noticed my card wasn't upgraded just right and they fixed it. I was pleasantly surprised and now suspect they called at your (CO Insider urging and you might have been monitoring the call for quality assurance because the next thing she did was give me her direct (DID), not even extension, number if I have any questions or problems with the PP MC in the future.

I promptly fell out of my chair at that point. Thanks dude.
Glad it all worked out, nzqjyb. We did ultimately find the source of confusion. Due to the way our special $100 Presidential Plus rate for lifetime Presidents Club members is set up, you can only qualify for it as a new Chase cardmember. If you are a current Chase cardmember, the workaround would be to cancel your existing account and then call 800.346.0123 to apply for the special lifetime member rate. We'll work on communicating this better, as it definitely appears to be the source of confusion on both ends.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
the workaround would be to cancel your existing account and then call 800.346.0123 to apply
And I'm guessing a nice little hit to the FIC follows as soon as the little shuffle kerfuffle is reported to the credit bureaus.

Last edited by belynch; Mar 12, 2009 at 3:03 pm
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by belynch
And I'm guessing a nice little hit to the FIC follows as soon as the little shuffle kerfuffle is reported to the credit bureaus.
+1.
Having to close your current account just to get the right rate?
Surely CO and Chase can figure out a better solution than that?
Old Mar 13, 2009, 4:52 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Glad it all worked out, nzqjyb. We did ultimately find the source of confusion. Due to the way our special $100 Presidential Plus rate for lifetime Presidents Club members is set up, you can only qualify for it as a new Chase cardmember. If you are a current Chase cardmember, the workaround would be to cancel your existing account and then call 800.346.0123 to apply for the special lifetime member rate. We'll work on communicating this better, as it definitely appears to be the source of confusion on both ends.
I finally figured this out on my own and decided to call in today to apply for a new card. The customer service rep asked me for my invitation code and when I said I didn't have one told me that the only product available was the regular $375 a year card.

I told her that I already had a lifetime President's Club membership and it didn't make sense for me to apply for a Chase Presidential Plus World Mastercard for $375, but she wouldn't budge.

So savvy Flyertalker that I am I said thanks and called back. Same thing.

Sigh.
Old May 5, 2009, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
Upgrading Business World MC to PP for lifetime PC members

To clarify, cova, we do have a discounted annual fee for our customers who have lifetime Presidents Club memberships. The annual fee in these cases is only $100, and includes all the other benefits that come with the card, including Hyatt Platinum status. Avis Presidents Club, $3 discount off Presidents Club Premium Wine & Spirits, Flex Elite Qualification Miles (EQMs), plus OnePass miles for every dollar you spend. To qualify for this discounted annual membership fee, lifetime Presidents Club members should call 800-346-0123 to apply. Just say you're a lifetime Presidents Club member and provide your membership details for verification.
Scott, I called the number to upgrade my personal CO World MC and they said they couldn't handle upgrades, so I called the number on the back of the card and they put it through with the $100 annual fee instead of the $425 fee or whatever it is.

Then I called about doing the same with my business CO World MC and they were unable to find any notes on discounts for lifetime PC members. Is there not such an option for us lifers on the business PPWMC? They forwarded my inquiry to marketing, but I don't hold too much hope out for that bearing fruit.

Thanks,
Texd

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.