Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental.com Master Thread [Report Ideas & Problems Here]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental.com Master Thread [Report Ideas & Problems Here]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2007, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Extremely minor bug with online check-in

You can push this one down to the bottom of the stack in terms of priority, but I thought I would report it anyway. When you go to checkin online, if you checkin *exactly in the minute* at the 24 hour mark, you get the (incorrect) error message

We are unable to complete the check-in process as a valid eTicket coupon cannot be found. Please contact a Continental Representative at 1-800-300-1547 for assistance.
For example, if your flight is at 12:35pm, and you start the checkin process between 12:35:00pm and 12:35:59pm the day before, you receive the error message above instead of the normal error

We are unable to complete the check-in process as the scheduled departure time of your flight is greater than 24 hours. Please try again later.
However, if you wait until 12:36:00pm, checkin can proceed as normal. I suspect that the discrepancy is due to a coding bug - the web script is probably using "less than or equal to 24 hours" while something in the background is using "less than 24 hours".

Anyway, feel free to ignore this one. The only impact is the slightly scary error message. As you can tell, I'm a bit obsessive about checking in first (I've snagged many an upgrade that way).
Old Mar 29, 2007, 8:59 am

Programs: CO Gold - 1MM, IC Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly
Maybe this is easily explained, but I cant seem to figure it out.

I am looking over my years OP statements and a few entries stick out like a sore thumb. Examples cut/pasted directly from my online Acct:

1/26/2007 COEX 2276U LGA-CLE W/U 500 522 1,022 500 1
1/29/2007 COEX 2867 CLE-BDL Y/Y 500 593 1,093 750 2
2/8/2007 COEX 2464U BDL-CLE U/U 500 593 1,093 500 1

From what I see above the 125% PE bonus was not calculated properly. I received 593 miles in bonus for BDL-CLE but the mileage calculator says I should receive 625 miles (500 base miles * 125%, ). Why does the mileage calculator differ from the actual bonus miles I received? For the other 95% of flights I have taken the 125% PE bonus is caclulated properly and the mileage calculator reports the same information.

Is this a problem with the WWW site that requires me to have my OP acct credited miles? Or did I simply miss something (it seems too obvious so I must be making a mistake somewhere)?
Anyways which is incorrect the mileage calculator or the OP statement?

Any information is appreciated,
CLEHillbilly
Can anyone comment on this?
Old Mar 29, 2007, 9:24 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Can anyone comment on this?
The website is inconsistent (i.e., the mileage calculator isn't correct). If you look at the elite status mileage bonus terms (link), you'll see this:
The bonus amount is based on the Elite status level and is calculated against the actual flight miles of each segment flown.
I know because last year I called the OPSC with the same question.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 8:03 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Can't access PC info while logged in

Ok - it's an odd one, but I went to see if there was a PC at PHL (sadly, there isn't)...

While logged in to co.com, I received:

We're sorry, but continental.com was unable to complete your request due to a technical problem.
Please try later or call 1-800-300-1547 for assistance.
message when I selected "president's club" from the pull-down menu. This occurred from the main page, my account page, etc. Logged out, got to the page. Logged in, got an error.

If it matters, this was using Firefox 2.0.0.3 on Windows XP Pro SP2.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 1:21 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5 Star
Trip Alert stopped e-mailing me

I did not receive an e-mail telling me I could check in for either leg of my flight this week, nor have I received any trip alerts telling me the gate and flight status.

I logged in to continental.com and it did show that I was set up to receive the e-mails at the correct address. They're not in the spam filter, either.

I tried setting up a phone call in trip alert and ran into problems. If I select a phone number and click Edit, it brings me to the page to enter a new phone number. If you fill in the blanks and hit save, it does not save. If you follow the link to add a new phone number and fill out the form and hit save, it does not save and it takes you to a page with a link to create a new primary phone number. (Hope that one made sense).

Firefox 2.00.3, Windows XP.

UPDATE: Got Trip Alert and online check-in e-mails for Sunday's flight - the new PDA friendly version of co.com was much appreciated. The days I did not get any e-mails were Wednesday/Thursday/Friday.

Last edited by MrSnarkyPants; Apr 3, 2007 at 9:03 am Reason: added info
Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:36 am

Programs: Membership has its benefits, or so I am told.
reward problem

in the infamous words of Emily Letelia......NEVER MIND....I am stupid and must learn to read more carefully ALL of the words...not just a select few....

ITTIA

Last edited by ITravelThereforeIam; Mar 31, 2007 at 11:26 am Reason: correction
Old Mar 31, 2007, 3:40 pm

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by amislove
You can push this one down to the bottom of the stack in terms of priority, but I thought I would report it anyway. When you go to checkin online, if you checkin *exactly in the minute* at the 24 hour mark, you get the (incorrect) error message

For example, if your flight is at 12:35pm, and you start the checkin process
between 12:35:00pm and 12:35:59pm the day before, you receive the error message above instead of the normal error

However, if you wait until 12:36:00pm, checkin can proceed as normal. I suspect that the discrepancy is due to a coding bug - the web script is probably using "less than or equal to 24 hours" while something in the background is using "less than 24 hours".
Is it really exactly 1 minute? I guess if the internal systems don't use seconds then your explanation makes more sense than my guess earlier in this thread of EUA processing: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....4&postcount=18
If true it'd be easy to fix the Manage Reservations page so that the checkin button is delayed by a minute.

Talk about false advertising: 24 hours before the flight. I feel wronged. All those stressful seconds thinking my reservation was invalid.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM (former 1K, Delta Platinum))
Kudos that TripAlert email settings now allow three email addresses. This is great for e.g. me, my cell, wife to keep maximally informed.

Alas, OnePass Elite Upgrade Notification email settings do not use this new code, only one address is allowed.

I had created a special email account just to receive CO.com email, that forwarded copies to my cell and my regular email account. I started getting far more spam from Spain (one group there managed to guess the account name by blanketing my provider with guesses) than upgrade notices. After going to the trouble of changing that email address to one that is unguessable and very long, I noticed the improvements to TripAlerts but not EAU email.

Some people would find what I had to do beyond their technical reach. It would be very handy to allow multiple addresses for EAU emails, too.

Another solution would be to send me more upgrade notices.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 5:36 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Two situations which caused this message on "Viewing" an exising reservation:

"We were unable to review the latest information for this itinerary."

Calling co.com is no help - it is not a sync issue and the process they have to do a manual fix - does not work.

This has occurred two times in the last two days:

1. EUA occurred for flight this Friday - got the above message and could not View reservation to change seat assignment. co.com tech support could not fix. Also - did not get the normal EUA text message even though co.com says it was sent.

2. For upcoming flights in July - went to view and got the message - one of your flights had changed (by 2 minutes with no change of aircraft type or seat map arrangement). I accepted the change then the above message about not being able to view reservation occurred. Called co.com and they could not fixed. To make matters worst - the seat assignments for all passengers were lost for the return flight from ANC - not going to have too many happen flyers. co.com agent able to re-assign seats - but then I still can not view the reservation and the co.com agent can not fix.

This is a MAJOR BUG and NEEDS fixed ASAP. I can not understand why such major problems are starting to occur. There are no productivity gains, in my view, to the changes which were made to co.com several months ago - other than the faster calendar pop up.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 7:30 am
tvx

Programs: UA Gold
Angry 50% Elite Miles for Flights booked on CO.com

It started last year when I was trying to book flights on the Gov./Mil. site. They had a problem with the payment module, so I had to call the reservations desk. Twice I was assured that there was no problem, they were aware of the situation in the Gov./Mil payment page, and that I would receive full elite miles (for an S fare). Never happened.

This year I booked a flight for my family through CO.com in T fare. Never spoke to reservations -- again, 50% elite credit. Another trip on the gov./mil. site, flown last week, totally without talking to a live person and again 50% credit (again on an S fare).

As far as I can see, they have not removed the "bonus" for booking on line.

I called several times and was told this would be fixed. They would have to pull up the microfiche for the older flights, but the newer ones should be no problem, I was told. Nothing happened.

They get one more try and then I'm going over to NWA.com.

Thoughts? Similar experiences?
Old Apr 3, 2007, 6:43 pm

Now OLCI Errors in Inet Exploder, Intl itinerary

Well I had previously reported that OLCI with Netscape 7.X fails at the Infant question so I cannot use that since the web changes 3 weeks ago. The only saving grace was using Inet Exploder 6.x whihc did work....until tonight.

Flying CLE-IAH-CCS on Sunday OLCI worked great, even got the infamous email telling me to.

Tomorrow Flying CCS-IAH-CLE I tried to OLCI (for a EUA possibility) and now Inet exploder errors out at the Update Customs Information page. My Customs info has ben in there for years. The only error message I see is in the lower left corner of Inet Exploder, it quickly says "Error in page".

This is really discouraging since with this and netscape not working I can't rely on CO to allow me OLCI anytime, and since were into the 24 hour mark this probably ruins any chance of a EUA for this Plat elite...Thanks CO.

Please fix this ASAP.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 12:43 pm

Poor Message when Canceling a held ticket

Called CO reservations yesterday as I was purchasing tickets while I was transiting. I had the tickets "held" but not purchased.

This afternoon I then decided to cancel the ticket. Logged into myaccount I selected the cancel button which worked as expected.

However co.com responded with the following message after canceling it:

The value will be credited towards a future flight purchase. Please note the confirmation number above and return to this cancelled reservation in Manage Reservations to make changes for a future trip.

It even displayed the $682 value like it was a refund/credit, but I had never purchased the ticket. I called the Plat line and after checking they did say that I had never purchased anything and that this was a Generic Message that is displayed.

Suggestion: It would nice if this message could be enhanced when canceling "held" tickets.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 2:26 pm

Is the date 01/01/0001 causing this snafu?

This was odd...Logged in to CO.COM tonight and it complained my password/account login was invalid, even though I have autofill on for the entry boxes. I logged in again and it then worked, but it gave me a screen describing the OP account rules and a continue button. Selecting continue it showed my current account properly except it displayed that I have 0 OP miles, but Activity since my last statement properly displayed the 20k in miles I earned over the past 1.5 weeks.

I logged out and then back in then it was displaying the 500+k of miles I have and everything was back to normal.

Very Strange.

Had this happen again today. I am completely logged in but showing 0 miles as of 01/01/0001 which may have something to do with it.

It also says I am a non-elite....If it matters I had been searching the site for Travel Club information and had just read the T&C for it before heading to My Account.

Oddly the My Account page does show my mileage/status correctly. Looking on the right side of the screen the One Pass Activity says No Recent Activity, clicking on All Activity Since my Last Statement is where it then displays the 0 OP miles.

Edited to add: Clicking view last statement from the All Activity screen shows me activity from 1/29/2007-2/25/2007. It also will not allow me to see or select 3/2007s activity, its liek the system thinks its 2/25/2007.

Last edited by CLEHillbilly; Apr 5, 2007 at 2:58 pm
Old Apr 5, 2007, 2:40 pm

Who Matt Kostelick and why did CO.com email his itinerary?

I must have a black cloud over my head....

Here I am typing the previous post and I get an Trip Alert email from CO....

Your Continental codeshare flight number has changed. Go to continental.com to view your reservation. Check in for your flight with the operating carrier.

Confused (since I have only one codeshare scheduled in 3 weeks on Czech Airlines) I searched CO for the confirmation number....it told me the Pax name was incorrect. I then searched all 12000 emails from the past 60 days that I have and no confirmation number matches....Plat line to the rescue?

Calling them they asked me if I knew a person named Matt Kostelick? No I do not...well it is his itinerary I am told?

COInsider: Would you like a copy of the email or confirmation number?
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:10 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, AAAdvantage, Delta
This reservation is Cancelled and being processed for a Refund.

Have a reservation IAH to LGW in August in BF (R). Because of booking problem had to call online help. Now reservation is marked This reservation is Cancelled and being processed for a Refund. but Support desk says booking is OK. Has been like this for 4 weeks. is it a bug? I don't want to lose ticket or reservation especially at price I paid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.