Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:11 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
Another glitch, hopefully just a website display issue:

I'm flying S class DEN-EWR, so by crediting the miles to NW WP I know I only get 50% EQM even though I bought on continental.com (unlike if I credited to OnePass.) Normally the itinerary display will show something like:

OnePass Miles / Elite Qualifying Miles:
1671 / 100%

Which is fine - I know it means "100% IF you bought on co.com and are crediting toward our own program not a partner."

However, I got EUA'd to First which booked into R class.
Now it's showing
OnePass Miles / Elite Qualifying Miles:
1671 / 0%

I hope this doesn't mean I'm getting 0 EQMs! I'm sure I'm actually ok, but it would be confusing even to a CO OnePass member to see an indication that they are getting zero EQMs on an upgraded flight.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:18 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
Originally Posted by iahphx
Before I signed in, I went to "view reservations." Without typing anything else in, it pulled up Carolyn W.'s flight to Seattle. All the details are there -- and I suppose I could even cancel her reservation if I wanted to (of course, I wouldn't!).

What the heck is going on? Sure doesn't make me feel too secure about my own future reservations.
I'm seeing the same thing when choosing View/Change reservations from the main screen pulldown menu. Carolyn W and companion. Complete with phone#s and onepass numbers.

This is probably a legally actionable privacy violation. CO is violating their own privacy policies and probably some laws as well - they need to roll back this site to the previous version until these problems are fixed.

This is a lot more serious than just being unable to change seats or use the calendar pop-up widget.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
My reservations have always been there, and only my reservations have been showing. However, I'm having a lot of the same other issues -- seat maps that won't let me select elite seats, all flights in First or BusinessFirst showing 0% EQMs, and mileage statement missing descriptions. I haven't tried to book a flight, and after reading what others have posted, I'm almost scared to. I have six flights coming up on Thursday and Friday of this week, and they all look fine so far. Hopefully OLCI will be functioning properly when the time comes to check in for them.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:33 pm

Programs: CO Silver
Originally Posted by MarkXS
I'm seeing the same thing when choosing View/Change reservations from the main screen pulldown menu. Carolyn W and companion. Complete with phone#s and onepass numbers.

This is probably a legally actionable privacy violation. CO is violating their own privacy policies and probably some laws as well - they need to roll back this site to the previous version until these problems are fixed.

This is a lot more serious than just being unable to change seats or use the calendar pop-up widget.
You assume it's real data. I assume it's test data that was hard-coded and mistakenly migrated.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:46 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Here’s the latest update regarding our open and resolved issues. As mentioned before, we'll be working on these and loading updates continuously until they're resolved. Below is an updated list of reported issues, and we'll continue to keep this list updated.
Open Issues
- Various issues with Manage Reservations feature (most issues have been addressed, and the rest should be resolved shortly)
- Various issues with missing or incomplete flight availability (working on this now and should be resolved shortly)
- Various issues viewing OnePass mileage activity (working on this now and should be resolved shortly)
- Issues with Firefox and Mac browser compatibility
- Premium seating is not selectable when reservation is accessed from Manage Reservations
- Flights that have been upgraded showing incorrect EQMs
- OnePass and/or Travel Club balances sometimes showing zero; Still researching - if this happens to you, please send me a PM with your OnePass number
- Tax, mileage and fee calculations are sometimes inaccurate; Still researching - if this happens to you, please cut and past the link from your browser into a PM and send it to me
- Flight Status sometimes says to contact Continental; Still researching - if this happens to you, please cut and past the link from your browser into a PM and send it to me
- Wrong instructional text after using the ONEPASS discount code (e.g. "Without redeeming your miles…”)
- Only one itinerary showing on home page (this is by design, but we'll be adding a link to view all reservations)
- Israel, Japan and Hong Kong sites missing foreign language capabilities
- CLE airport map shows incorrect check-in locations; Should be “Main Terminal” for all flights

Resolved Issues
- Unable to complete purchase issues have diminished; There were a number of brief outages, all of which appear to be resolved
- "Page Cannot Be Displayed" issues (including those caused by the "Remember Me" feature not working) have been resolved
- Issues with Seat Selection; Elites should now be able to pre-assign seats in the premium seating section during purchase, however, this is still an issue for reservations accessed using Manage Reservations
- Yellow is now showing on "View/Change Seats" feature
- RewardOne sign in should now be working
- Continental.com specials is now a shunt page until specials are reinstated
- Check-in button is no longer showing on past-date itineraries
- Missing flight credit form now allows input of a 13-digit ticket number
- Receipts requested from the Manage Reservations section are now getting sent
- D and Z class now showing as "First/BusinessFirst" (instead of "International Business Class")
- Presidents Club amenities page is now labeled properly
- Baggage tracing is now available
If there’s anything new to report, please post it here and we'll be sure to research it. Thanks again for taking the time to report these to us.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Here’s the latest update regarding our open and resolved issues. As mentioned before, we'll be working on these and loading updates continuously until they're resolved. Below is an updated list of reported issues, and we'll continue to keep this list updated.
Open Issues
- Various issues with Manage Reservations feature (most issues have been addressed, and the rest should be resolved shortly)
- Various issues with missing or incomplete flight availability (working on this now and should be resolved shortly)
- Various issues viewing OnePass mileage activity (working on this now and should be resolved shortly)
- Issues with Firefox and Mac browser compatibility
- Premium seating is not selectable when reservation is accessed from Manage Reservations
- Flights that have been upgraded showing incorrect EQMs
- OnePass and/or Travel Club balances sometimes showing zero; Still researching - if this happens to you, please send me a PM with your OnePass number
- Tax, mileage and fee calculations are sometimes inaccurate; Still researching - if this happens to you, please cut and past the link from your browser into a PM and send it to me
- Flight Status sometimes says to contact Continental; Still researching - if this happens to you, please cut and past the link from your browser into a PM and send it to me
- Wrong instructional text after using the ONEPASS discount code (e.g. "Without redeeming your miles…”)
- Only one itinerary showing on home page (this is by design, but we'll be adding a link to view all reservations)
- Israel, Japan and Hong Kong sites missing foreign language capabilities
- CLE airport map shows incorrect check-in locations; Should be “Main Terminal” for all flights

Resolved Issues
- Unable to complete purchase issues have diminished; There were a number of brief outages, all of which appear to be resolved
- "Page Cannot Be Displayed" issues (including those caused by the "Remember Me" feature not working) have been resolved
- Issues with Seat Selection; Elites should now be able to pre-assign seats in the premium seating section during purchase, however, this is still an issue for reservations accessed using Manage Reservations
- Yellow is now showing on "View/Change Seats" feature
- RewardOne sign in should now be working
- Continental.com specials is now a shunt page until specials are reinstated
- Check-in button is no longer showing on past-date itineraries
- Missing flight credit form now allows input of a 13-digit ticket number
- Receipts requested from the Manage Reservations section are now getting sent
- D and Z class now showing as "First/BusinessFirst" (instead of "International Business Class")
- Presidents Club amenities page is now labeled properly
- Baggage tracing is now available
If there’s anything new to report, please post it here and we'll be sure to research it. Thanks again for taking the time to report these to us.
Scott,

Thanks for keeping us updated with progress. We appreciate it.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:08 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
RewardOne still error showing

Scott, greetings -I am looking forward to meeting you in Dallas. You have mentioned that the Reward One link is working and resolved and I still cannot access it . The only palce I find to get to it now is at the bottom of your web page by the BBB Privacy stamp where it links Buisness Programs and Services. It then brings me to a link to RewardOne which continues to give an error .I use internet Explorer as my browser
Martin
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:09 pm

Programs: CO Silver DL Plat
Booking issues still not resolved. Have been trying to book a straighforward round trip off and on all day. Still can't get ticketed via the website. Everything else seems to be OK though.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by wingwalkin
Booking issues still not resolved. Have been trying to book a straighforward round trip off and on all day. Still can't get ticketed via the website. Everything else seems to be OK though.
Thanks wingwalkin, if you'll send me a PM with the specifics of your itinerary I'll have it researched immediately.

Originally Posted by martinplas
Scott, greetings -I am looking forward to meeting you in Dallas. You have mentioned that the Reward One link is working and resolved and I still cannot access it . The only palce I find to get to it now is at the bottom of your web page by the BBB Privacy stamp where it links Buisness Programs and Services. It then brings me to a link to RewardOne which continues to give an error .I use internet Explorer as my browser
Martin
Thanks martinplas, I see what you're talking about and will get an update on this.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:34 pm
flyer111

Privacy issue is still there

Scott,
The main issue is not mentioned in either of your two lists.
I can still see reservations of others people.
In my "Past reservations" I see a future ticket of someone else. If I click on "View receipt" it will not allow me (looks like some clumsy attempt was made to block it). But I can easily workaround that. Here is how:
Click on "Request receipt", enter your email and click "Submit". Now you have a button called "View Current Reservation". Clicking on that I can see the full details, including Onepass numbers and phone numbers.
Anyone who has ever worked in any type of QA team will easily come up with this scenario. Took my less than 30 seconds to get it.
This is the biggest issue in this whole migration.

Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Confirmation # Missing...

...from past itineraries. This is important if there are cancelled segments from previous flights. Need the confirmation # so OP agent can easily book the cancelled segment for future travel.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by flyer111
Scott,
The main issue is not mentioned in either of your two lists.
I can still see reservations of others people.
In my "Past reservations" I see a future ticket of someone else. If I click on "View receipt" it will not allow me (looks like some clumsy attempt was made to block it). But I can easily workaround that. Here is how:
Click on "Request receipt", enter your email and click "Submit". Now you have a button called "View Current Reservation". Clicking on that I can see the full details, including Onepass numbers and phone numbers.
Anyone who has ever worked in any type of QA team will easily come up with this scenario. Took my less than 30 seconds to get it.
This is the biggest issue in this whole migration.
Thanks flyer111, could you please (or anyone else still experiencing this issue) send me a PM with your OnePass number so that we can research it?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:53 pm
flyer111

PM sent

Thanks flyer111, could you please (or anyone else still experiencing this issue) send me a PM with your OnePass number so that we can research it?
Sent PM to Scott.

Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:03 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Yup. I sent Scott a PM. BIG problem. Using the flyer111 workaround, After going to my 'Past reservations", I could see two future reservations for 2 different people. When I hit "request receipt" and went to that page, then hit "submit", , then "view current..." I could see all the info. This guy had an August trip IAH-AUS-IAH. I then went to the "change seats" function and could very easily moved him from 7A to 24B By the way, he was on a Y fare that was immediately upgradable, but since he was in 7A, I presume he did not get the automatic upgrade (735).

Also, I requested a fax of "my" itinerary and am awaiting its arrival.

This needs a priority fix.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
New CO.COM is an unmitigated disaster

Originally Posted by MarkXS

I have encountered uncommanded viewing of other people's reservations and details too...I agree that this is catastrophic and CO needs an emergent return to a secure system before less savory characters than FT members do something harmful with this information. The potential harm is deeply disturbing: tinkering with other people's reservations all the way to full scale identity theft.

RTS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.