Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:47 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Sure is taking a long time to get my iTunes certificates. I know that they are set to come within 48 hours, but they usually follow the eticket receipt immediately.....
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by entropy
That's all fine and good. I want to know why the hell they didn't do a real beta test of the site? FT would have gotten the whole damn site thoroughly beaten up and tested very quickly without them screwing everyone else in the process.

I would be curious to know what beta testing actually took place. Before the last version of the site, I participated in a beta testing program and was rewarded with a nice gift for my efforts.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:57 am

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
New site no longer recognizes my NW elite status and won't let me choose elite seats (which was a problem with the old site until a couple of years ago). There used to be a javascript work around to select elite seats, but that's not working either.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by OutOfOffice
New site no longer recognizes my NW elite status and won't let me choose elite seats (which was a problem with the old site until a couple of years ago). There used to be a javascript work around to select elite seats, but that's not working either.
It doesn't recognize CO Elite status, either, when selecting seats.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:00 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Now I cannot view any of the 5 saved reservations in my profile.....

I see that absolutely no testing was done whatsoever...the current format is 100% unacceptable. I suggest that CO bring the old website back up until they actually debug the current one.

[EDIT] - now all 5 saved reservations are unsaved and I cannot access them without manually entering the confirmation #'s....
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:03 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by puddy
It doesn't recognize CO Elite status, either, when selecting seats.

Same here...tried to get my usual 12A on a ERJ. 12A on Seatmap said ''For elite members only" (used to say for Platinum only) but would not let me select seat
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
call one pass

[QUOTE=puddy]It doesn't recognize CO Elite status, either, when selecting seats.[/QUOTE
I finally called one pass to get my Northwest platinum status recognized and she tried to not help until I insisted she and not Northwest could assign seats since I could not on there website. I wonder how long it will take them to get all the glitches out of the new system. There rep did not seem too happy with the situation either.
z
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:12 am

Programs: UA: MM
Originally Posted by theblakefish

I see that absolutely no testing was done whatsoever...the current format is 100% unacceptable. I suggest that CO bring the old website back up until they actually debug the current one.

[EDIT] - now all 5 saved reservations are unsaved and I cannot access them without manually entering the confirmation #'s....
Same issue but it wouldn't pull mine up even with the confirmation number. I called the ED and they said I still have a seat to YYC tomorrow (and back on Friday...)

FWIW

DLM
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium

Same here, after reading all the stories here I logged in to check. All my reservations are gone too (were showing last night). I'm actually afraid to look them up manually, goodness knows what may happen.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:16 am

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood

That's not correct. They did test. There is a big difference between a fortune 100 airline system and other sites. I think you guys are being way harsh.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by kingalien
Same here, after reading all the stories here I logged in to check. All my reservations are gone too (were showing last night). I'm actually afraid to look them up manually, goodness knows what may happen.
If you do look them up, or try to; continental.com will tell you the confirmation number is invalid and to call Electronic Support Desk.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by cigarman
That's not correct. They did test. There is a big difference between a fortune 100 airline system and other sites. I think you guys are being way harsh.
Come on, C-man. This rollout has violated the most basic of s/w development tenets--TEST IT THROUGHLY. There is really no good defense to this kind of oversight. As a previous poster mentioned, it does smack of being deadline-driven rather than quality-driven.

By the way, my reservations are gone now, too. Dang...they were there an hour ago. I'm waiting for my miles to vanish as well.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by cigarman
No, no, no!
Again, I do this for a living. The fact that its a major airline site just underscores how utterly unacceptable this is. Moreover, senior management should be even more outraged than the public about this as it is THEIR eCOMMERCE STRATEGY that's at risk.
Bottom line: Testing was clearly inadequate, which is unacceptable. I suspect that if I released such fundemental bugs into production, I'd get sacked right quick.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by entropy
I suspect that they maybe had a deal with this new data center, and they needed to switch over to there by the end of July.
Sounds like they changed too many things at once:

- data center location
- platform (.net vs. whatever it was before)
- content

Whomever planned this planned way too many changes at once.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:36 am

Same here. I've lost all of my saved reservations. What a pain!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.