Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA MM
You can add to the list of woes the fact that the Spanish website is only about 50%, or perhaps even less, in Spanish. At this point, it is a true Spanglish experience. I admire their (apparent) intent - a truly parallel Spanish website with all the content translated. That's the way it should be done; but right now the site could not be called anywhere near finished.

It doesn't move back and forth between Spanish and English correctly either. (Once you are in the Spanglish site, if you try to click back into English, you don't get there ... you get stuck in Spanglish.)

On a more positive note, on my Mac/Safari, I have not noticed any anomalies that look like a code problem yet.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by perezoso
You can add to the list of woes the fact that the Spanish website is only about 50%, or perhaps even less, in Spanish. At this point, it is a true Spanglish experience. I admire their (apparent) intent - a truly parallel Spanish website with all the content translated. That's the way it should be done; but right now the site could not be called anywhere near finished.
Telemundo in Spain is reporting that the new site is a tragedy to Spanish immigrants, and it is "under investigation"
Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by mbmiles88
Telemundo in Spain is reporting that the new site is a tragedy to Spanish immigrants, and it is "under investigation"
Wow, mbmiles88, if that wasn't a bigoted comment, you sure are good at imitating them...
Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by perezoso
Wow, mbmiles88, if that wasn't a bigoted comment, you sure are good at imitating them...
just a joke
Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:53 pm

Has anyone (reading this) bought a revenue ticket today using the new site?

I keep getting an error after the "Traveler Information" page, but I don't see anything unusual about my account. (Everything is set to "no preference".)
Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
yeah, I did by accident, I was trying to do a purchase at the airport and it bought the ticket instead...
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Wow, 140+ posts the first day. Even the applying for mastercard & get elite status thread did not generate this many posts the first day.

As others have pointed out, hitting return on the login to OnePass takes you to Find Flights - same for hitting return on the the Search feature.

Put in "president club" on search feature and the results were:

1. Continental Airlines - The Travel Club FAQ
2. Continental Airlines - Presidents Club
3. Continental Airlines - Investor Relations - Board of Directors & Company Officers
4. Continental Airlines - Presidents Club Membership & Passbook Rates
5. Continental Airlines - Frequently Asked Questions
6. Membership & Passbook Rates
7. Untitled Page
8. terms and conditions
9. Continental Airlines - Presidents Club Amenities
10. phone numbers for individual clubrooms
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:54 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA

Yes, I tried to purchase a ticket using my Amex CC that the web site had on file for at least the past 3 years. Tonight, it said my CC information was incorrect. I went to the edit form, and refilled all of the spaces with my correct information and it still would not take my CC. I finally gave up for the evening and figured that I will be at the PC tomorrow in LAX and they can check and see what is going on. However, when I pulled up my confirmed reservations, it was booked and purchased So now I don't know what is going on. I'll find out tomorrow.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
the search problem has been a problem for a long time, it never brings up ANYTHING relevant, so those are a big improvement!
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:37 am

Programs: UA-1K MM+, HH Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Moriens

I keep getting an error after the "Traveler Information" page, but I don't see anything unusual about my account. (Everything is set to "no preference".)
I attempted to purchase 2 separate tkts at Co.Com today but both failed. I would get to the last step and then receive a message to contact the online support.

I contacted the Plat elite line and was able to purchase both through the agent.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:48 am

"View my itinerary" errors in Firefox

My itinerary required paper tickets because of 2 domestic flights within Japan.

Now my online itin shows:
This reservation has been eTicketed and confirmed.
Special meal requests are still on record...checked by telephone.

While it at first appears to be fine, the seat map is one solid gray box...no seats ever load. Mac using Firefox.

The seatmaps for KMQ - HND and HND - KMQ will never be available via this website and require seat selection at check in. But the following message appears.
We could not process your request. Please see the message below and make revisions.

! The seat map currently unavailable. Please select your next flight.

The special meals which have been requested no longer show up, but instead there is a message: Not applicable for this itinerary
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:34 am

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
I'll second or third the besides needing - - to become Ininite Elite for 2007....... I'll also second or third or 143rd, when I log in on the main page it comes up, error please re-enter your flight search and it gives me the flight search page You'd think a basic thing like this would have been checked.

It says recent activity since my last visit, does that mean if I check my account every day the thing is going to only show what happened in the last day?

The pages load just as slow as they did before for those of us who are forced dial up users so nothing changed with that. If anything it got slower. And if there is anything in the dang blue box above latest news and offers, I don't see it. I see it go from one to two to three to four on the buttons, but not a dang thing shows in the box. Probably, click here for free lifetime platinum

Going to the Micronesian & Marshall Island & Palau web site it looks the same as the regular one so no change there either; however it doesn't tell you what site you are on Before it atleast told you that you were on the Micronesian or the USA web site, so now if you hit the wrong button how are you going to know which site you are on? Look a the physical address all the time? And yes there is a reason why I'd book some tickets on USA web site and some tickets on the Micronesian Web site. Hong Kong site atleast says in bright big letters on the upper left HONG KONG, Ireland does the same thing, didn't check them all but I'll assume majority list what web site it is. So why not list it on the Micronesian and other island web site so we atleast know where we are and don't make a mistake on where we book?

Oh well, I hoped for the best and got this.............

I was ready to rant and rave but I'll just leave it at: IMHO this is just poor and confirms my personal feelings that the web site team / staff, electronic support desk are the weakest link in all of CO.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:44 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
"Continental.com is unable..."

- Kinda says it all to me

Forget trying to change a reservation-just flat out does not work. And I'm sure CO reservations wants to look at all the flight options(for my new date) and let me know which flights have the greatest number of open 1st seats.

In sorta-related news- I EAUed for my flight this Sat that I'm now trying to change to the following week(figures)

Wonder what the page counters for this page http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/error.aspx?SID=
Are like?????

I bet if, there is ever a next time for this type of excerise in futility, some FTers somewhere will be testing the site before it goes live
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:14 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Major Problem

I go to co.com (without logging in) and now I see a reservation for someone having gone from BNA to GDL on July 5 returning (today) on July 31. This is from another computer I exclusively use - not the one used yesterday.

I see their names, seats, onepass number, email, phone numbers etc. There are two people on the reservation. Their names & onepass number are nothing close to mine.

This is a MAJOR problem and security issue. CO needs to go back to old system ASAP. Cigarman - this is not just a couple of glitches - but a major security and privacy issue!

And the same person keeps showing everytime I open co.com!
Using IE v6.

Last edited by cova; Jul 31, 2006 at 5:26 am
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:31 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Minor Problem

When using Safari (2.0.4, Build 419.3) on OS X 10.4.7 I am unable to see the "Latest News and Offers", aka Prop Box, tab (it's the blue box which sits in the upper section of the screen to the right of "FLIGHT / HOTEL / CAR" tabs, below the menu bars "OnePass FF, Products and Services and About Continental" and above the "Print Boarding Passes, Check Flight Status and OnePass Sing In"). I'm guessing you guys have larger issues to deal with right now than making sure the prop-box works, but should you wish to start the "fine tuning" phase, there's a small job which needs to be done.

Good Luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.