Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cigarman
Seems to me the issues are if you use some weird browser (firefox) or weird computer (MAC). So that means for the 97% of the world that doesn't... It works fine. I have a few minor things like old resrevations showing. But, the issues you guys have are not happening on Microsoft/Intel.
With all due respect, Firefox is not a 'weird browser' - it is in use by millions of people (potential CO customers) and is also used in many enterprises, as it's more stable, reliable and less vulnerable than IE.

Proper QA procedures include testing a new release across a variety of different browser platforms - most companies do this. If a particular site uses a control or language that is not non-IE friendly, the site will usually post a warning that it's best viewed (or only viewed) on IE, although that in itself makes it unpopular.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Seems to me the issues are if you use some weird browser (firefox) or weird computer (MAC). So that means for the 97% of the world that doesn't... It works fine. I have a few minor things like old resrevations showing. But, the issues you guys have are not happening on Microsoft/Intel.
Firefox isn't werid, Mac isn't weird. In fact, given that mac users are more affluent than PC users on average, its the kind of crowd they should be trying to woo...
You of all people should understand this Cigar... >97% of people also don't fly paid F all the time, but you know and emphasize that CO should target them. so don't spout that nonsense.

CO did a horribly shoddy job of putting the new site together, it lacks the functionality of the old site(which worked in firefox, IE and safari).Several modules are obviously buggy. They had the offer to do testing on it and they didn't want it so, they're left with a less than functional website.

I wanted to use a cert on a res and so I picked the 'pay at airport' option, but it charged it to my CC and purchased the reservation instead... oy.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by bocastephen
With all due respect, Firefox is not a 'weird browser' - it is in use by millions of people (potential CO customers) and is also used in many enterprises, as it's more stable, reliable and less vulnerable than IE.
Agreed, i have a site that gets a couple thousand unique hits a day, and the majority use firefox!
For CO IT to release a website not firefox compatible is just ridiculous.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:22 pm

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MileagePlus, HiltonHonors
Seems to me the issues are if you use some weird browser (firefox) or weird computer (MAC). So that means for the 97% of the world that doesn't... It works fine.

Errrr....no. Using IE on a Dell notebook w/ WinXP Pro (about as "mainstream" as it gets) I encountered problems with the langauge switch.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I think we should be fair. Yes there are some things that could be done better. However, this is a major change, and the issues we are seeing are minor. Just look at airtran, they changed sites and the whole system crashed for days. Give it a chance.
Minor?

I can't get the system to issue my reward ticket which I must do TODAY or lose the seat.

I think that's just a bit more than minor.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:24 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I cannot seem to stay logged-in to my OP account when I leave CO.com, and those VERY annoying "you are about to enter a secure conenction" dialog boxes come up every time I try to reserve and/or login. GRRRR!

Serves me right for trying to book a ticket on the weekend.....
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:25 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
I knew if I used the word "weird" it would be fun!
My point was most people are not as advanced as you guys and use Internet explore on PC's. ABout 97% of the world (or maybe 95% percent). They aren't going to withdraw a major upgrade over 5%, in my opinion. They will fix it.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm using IE 6 on a win2k machine and can't get a ticket issued.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
its not a matter of them fixing it, eventually they will.

its a matter of them releasing a brand new website and falling flat on their faces!
it should have been tested and it wasn't
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:27 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Minor?

I can't get the system to issue my reward ticket which I must do TODAY or lose the seat.

I think that's just a bit more than minor.
It is minor. You have a phone. Major would be if the airline ONLY allowed online redemption. Just tell them on the phone what is happening. I am certain they will waive the ten bucks.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Now I've lost the seat maps with IE. It does seem a bit too buggy for a minor change though. With this change, they could have fixed the data base so it prints names correctly instead of jamming middle intials and Mr. Mrs., etc. onto the end of peoples first name. That seems to through ID checkers a bit of a curve ball.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:32 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by entropy
the new website F-'in SUCKS.
My thoughts exactly.....
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE
Using IE 7 Beta 2

Cannot change seats online...
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I knew if I used the word "weird" it would be fun!
My point was most people are not as advanced as you guys and use Internet explore on PC's. ABout 97% of the world (or maybe 95% percent). They aren't going to withdraw a major upgrade over 5%, in my opinion. They will fix it.
Agreed, but had they released the final function build to us FTers first (I think they will do that next time), all these little bugs and quirks would have come out in a matter of hours and they would have been fixed before the site was open to the public.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 1:37 pm

Programs: CO, DL, AA
How could they?

How could a multi-billion dollar company produce something of this low caliber? It's not like people stop using a site for a few days and wait for them to work the kinks out.

I wonder if the reservation lines are being pounded today?????

I wonder if the check in kiosks are having the same seat map issues?

Heck, I can't get them to give me credit for a 500 mile segment from 7/17/06!

HOWEVER, I do think that the new site offers lots of good things/feels better.

I say they should have most of the major kinks worked out by 5pm tomorrow evening.....if not, they have trouble on their hands.

DC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.