Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2006, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
I don't like having to put in my OP # and password every time I use it. The old site saved my number and password so I got my front page immediately
You may have to delete your existing CO.com cookies from your computer so the website can load new ones that will work with the new website.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 7:04 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by CO Insider
We are indeed paying attention to your comments. As many of you have posted, we've got some follow-ups that need some immediate attention. We'll be working on these and loading updates continuously until they're resolved. Below is a list of known issues, and we'll keep this list updated as we hear about issues reported here and through other sources.
- Numerous "Page Cannot Be Displayed" issues; Including those caused by the "Remember Me" feature not working (should be fixed in the next 24 hours)

- Issues with Seat Selection; Including Elites unable to pre-assign seats in the premium seating section (should be fixed in the next 24 hours)

- Issues with Firefox and Mac browser compatibility (very high priority for us)

- Issues with tax, mileage and fee calculation (still researching these)

- Continental.com specials page showing out-of-date specials

- Only one itinerary showing on home page

- Check-in button showing on past-date itineraries

- Yellow is not showing on "View/Change Seats" feature

- Receipts requested from the Manage Reservations section are not getting sent

- Missing flight credit form is allowing only 10 digits for a ticket number, instead of 13
If you have anything new to report, please post it here and we'll address it.
Thank you. Might I suggest a new sticky thread with the current status in the first post?
Old Jul 30, 2006, 7:10 pm

Programs: Retired-CO Former Long-time Plat, Now a Kettle, Hilton Gold (Thanks AMEX)
Can't get on

I'm running IE 6.0 and I can't even get the homepage to load. I dumped all my cookies and no luck. I had to call support to refund a trip I booked last night. I guess I'll get some sleep tonight, get up and have some coffee, then try again.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 7:13 pm

CO Insider: 2 not in your list:

1: OP Activity:
05/17/2006 0
2: Maybe it's only me, but my travel club balance went to zero.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
You may have to delete your existing CO.com cookies from your computer so the website can load new ones that will work with the new website.
So you're saying that you can store the information for immediate page viewing?
Old Jul 30, 2006, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by david4455
So the biggest difference and sort of a pain is that "view reservations" at least on my home page only shows one reservation. I have to click on "view" which then shows the first reservation and then click on "manage reservations" to view them all....
That's funny... I see multiple reservations, even though I've only got one booked. Of course, they have other people's names on them... and I'm able to view their receipts, change seats, and presumably cancel 'em. Maybe I found a new way to score exit row seats!

I've notified continental of the problem and provded screen shots; if anyone knows a specific address I should be sending that sort of thing to, PM me. I just submitted it to their web support team via the Contact Us page....
Old Jul 30, 2006, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Bonvoy Gold
Seat assignments for a couple flights in September didn't show up for me and it wouldn't let me choose...when I called to see, they were still in the system...and then somehow they gave a lowly Silver (me!!!!!!) 16A (oooh...eeeeexit rowwww....<drooling>...mmmm..) EDI-EWR, months in advance!

Sorry plats Let's see some more good glitches!
Old Jul 30, 2006, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by rapopoda
No. Stop, now!
I do this for a living and WOULD NOT release something so buggy with basic problems.
Agreed. Cigarman, don't take our comments personally. We're not suggesting that the folks at CO are anything less than the most professional at what they do. That said, they really screwed up here... I, too, work with Websites (from a communication perspective) and you never go live with a site until you've testing the heck out of the new site to avoid what CO is now experiencing.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just noticed on the flight search page...while using Firefox browser, in the 'who is traveling' section, all of the dropdown boxes have the data-in-window misaligned so it's only partially seen...but the dropdown box function itself appears ok. This is not an issue with IE 6.

However, the issue I reported earlier with the first three graphic link elements (home, reservations, and travel information) are also not showing in the correct font with IE 6 as well as Firefox.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 7:58 pm

Programs: CO Pt Infinite (1k life)/ 1MM - NW/DL Silver life/1 MM
Originally Posted by cigarman
Seems to me the issues are if you use some weird browser (firefox)...
Even MS IE is frantically trying to copy what Firefox/Opera have/are doing.

I've seen numbers of Firefox having 10% share. That is hardly weird. IE uses many features that are technically not WW3 compliant whileas Firefox adheres to the letter.

With a base as large as this (and growing) it is shorsighted to not have a simple javascript button work.

For laughs take a look at the user-agent string of your browser - you are identified as Mozilla, only 'IE' is buried deep in the text.

Whom begat whom?
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Without redeeming your miles, this trip is currently available in Economy Class for a total of $466.70 for all passengers. Purchase this reservation without redeeming miles

When using the ONEPASS code to price out fares with the MC discount, the summary page is suppose to give you the option of purchasing without the discount (Lord know why, but it always did)...the above text was found in that space, and of course miles have nothing to do with the ONEPASS discount, so the code is pulling the wrong message to display there.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:27 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by holland
That's funny... I see multiple reservations, even though I've only got one booked. Of course, they have other people's names on them... and I'm able to view their receipts, change seats, and presumably cancel 'em. Maybe I found a new way to score exit row seats!

I've notified continental of the problem and provded screen shots; if anyone knows a specific address I should be sending that sort of thing to, PM me. I just submitted it to their web support team via the Contact Us page....
Ok, now that sounds like a critical bug.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I'm glad that CO Insider is reading our feedback... But really... I want to know why they went ahead with the live site when its in as piss-poor condition as it is?
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) Flight status doesn't seem to work, says CONTACT CO.
2) pclub lounge details is an "untitled page"
3) Purchase page doesn't work right
4) Israeli site in Hebrew (עברית) disappeared.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5) on the airport map for CLE, it says Terminal D for the check-in location for COEX. D is only an attachment to C airside... there is no D check in.

Maybe cigar had a bet with Larry that FT'ers could get all their bugs detected in less time than their testers did....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.