Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:14 am

This is not very good...
I've been following the thread, and at least as an FT'er I can see all the various issues being reported. (thank god for FT!) What about the rest of CO's customers? How much havoc must all these issues be creating for unsuspecting visitors to CO's website?
I've essentially decided to just stay away from the site until the worst of these things get sorted out. At this time I'm honestly more worried about any harm that could be done to my existing reservations, by myself or others(!), not to mention what may or may not transpire if I try to make a new reservation...
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:15 am

Waiting to see what happens with THIS one: We are booked on our annual HI trip. Today I decided to purchase 2 more tickets for my aunt and uncle, all went well (except seat assignments, which I will fix later), and got an email conf (plus saved a webshot of the confirmation page) for THEIRS no problem. Then went into OUR reservation for same flights (diff date return), it came up all screwy, showing as reward instead of paid, no destinations, whatever, with a button to click to purchase (was purchased June 7). So I just left it, figured will work on the seating when the bugs are fixed. Just now, got an email conf for "your trip to __________". Its a "Flight Purchase Confirmation" dated today. I did nothing to this reservation (other than view it!)! The itinerary shows exactly this (copy/paste):
15 - to on Wed., Dec. 20, 2006
15 - to on Wed., Dec. 20, 2006
12 - to on Mon., Jan. 01, 2007
1703 - to on Tue., Jan. 02, 2007

There are NO names, no payment info, nor any other info in the email other than the fluff...

I just hope I don't get billed again for this itinerary (either in cash or miles), and it better not have lost my carefully selected seating. What a mess this site is..

Robin
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:20 am

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Originally Posted by entropy
5) on the airport map for CLE, it says Terminal D for the check-in location for COEX. D is only an attachment to C airside... there is no D check in.

Maybe cigar had a bet with Larry that FT'ers could get all their bugs detected in less time than their testers did....
I spoke to Larry last night. There is alot going on. They moved the whole location of the severs with this build, to avoid hurricanes. They have something like 50 servers they have to synch etc. They had like the entire IT staff in yesterday working on issues that cropped up. And I do know they are actively working on any bug we bring them.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by IAHflyer
...What about the rest of CO's customers? How much havoc must all these issues be creating for unsuspecting visitors to CO's website?...
I was thinking the same thing. I bet the phones are ringing off the hook...
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:24 am

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Originally Posted by cova
I go to co.com (without logging in) and now I see a reservation for someone having gone from BNA to GDL on July 5 returning (today) on July 31. This is from another computer I exclusively use - not the one used yesterday.

I see their names, seats, onepass number, email, phone numbers etc. There are two people on the reservation. Their names & onepass number are nothing close to mine.

This is a MAJOR problem and security issue. CO needs to go back to old system ASAP. Cigarman - this is not just a couple of glitches - but a major security and privacy issue!

And the same person keeps showing everytime I open co.com!
Using IE v6.
That does concern me.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cigarman
That does concern me.
Originally Posted by joslire
...But worst of all: last night I had access to 3 itineraries for people I do not know. I looked at their seats, receipts, etc. I could have canceled their flights! It makes me worry about my flight IAH-NRT-BKK next week!...
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:44 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Chase Continental Airlines World
I tried to put a complaint about a flight experience (see " Getting bumped from 1st Class while on the plane?" http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584420 ) and filled out my complaint and I get " We're sorry, but continental.com was unable to locate the page or file you requested.
Return to continental.com."

It keeps getting worse. I cannot even file a complaint.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I spoke to Larry last night. There is alot going on. They moved the whole location of the severs with this build, to avoid hurricanes. They have something like 50 servers they have to synch etc. They had like the entire IT staff in yesterday working on issues that cropped up. And I do know they are actively working on any bug we bring them.
That's all fine and good. I want to know why the hell they didn't do a real beta test of the site? FT would have gotten the whole damn site thoroughly beaten up and tested very quickly without them screwing everyone else in the process.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:50 am

Do they not have a rollback strategy? Is this untested site just going to sit out there until the bugs are fixed or are they going to pull it back, fix, test properly and re-release?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:56 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
At first it seemed that the issues were relatively minor (FireFox, seat assignments, etc). A bit embarrassing and should have been caught prior to release but not the end of the world.

Now, however, with reports of totally screwed up reservations and access to other people's itineraries, this is serious. They need to revert back to their old site immediately while they work through these issues. Not sure how much the moving of the servers plays into that... may not be possible. If that's the case, then they need to take down the site altogether until the most serious issues are fixed.

Last edited by puddy; Jul 31, 2006 at 10:08 am
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's all fine and good. I want to know why the hell they didn't do a real beta test of the site? FT would have gotten the whole damn site thoroughly beaten up and tested very quickly without them screwing everyone else in the process.
I agree.

By the way, you're now going to Tulsa instead of London on the 23rd of October. Sorry, I didn't realize that I was in your reservation..
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't know about either of those trips, but if they want to give them to me...
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:25 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by rapopoda
Do they not have a rollback strategy? Is this untested site just going to sit out there until the bugs are fixed or are they going to pull it back, fix, test properly and re-release?
Thats exactly what Airtran did. They rolled back to the old site for 3 weeks to iron out the bugs.
Although they never did get every bug worked out.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suspect that they maybe had a deal with this new data center, and they needed to switch over to there by the end of July.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:45 am

This can wait for the post mortem once the storm passes. Right now all resources should be thrown at fixing it, as I'm confident they are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.