Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Post website problems here] New CO website....clean but not perfect....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by entropy
Ole, please delete your SID part from teh URL, people can get into your web session....
Holy .... your right I am in his web session right now. Dude I would delete that asap. I can see your flights from 9/28/2006-Flight: Vancouver, BC Canada (YVR) to New York, NY (LGA - LaGuardia)
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
and his air france FF #...
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:43 pm

and his air france FF #...
Yeah I can see that and all passenger names and everything...do I just logout and relogin again?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
I found another little bug. On the "Mileage Credit Request" page, it does not recognize the numbers typed in Ticket Number box as numbers and returns "!Please enter numbers only."

I know people are concerned about seeing other peoples iternearies but it is amazing how many people leave boarding passes in the seat pockets. In the wronge hands with the information on there you can do all sorts of damage with a persons iternary. Becareful where you discard the BPs. BBC had a nice story about this a couple of months ago.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA MM
Ole, please delete your SID part from teh URL, people can get into your web session....

I was actually wondering about the record locator appearing in the URL (if I bring up a saved reservation). What would happen if plugged another record locator in? Well, I tried, and I got nothing; but was that because I didn't own the other RL or because there is no active record locator with the numbers/letters I typed?

I guess the question I am getting at is: Could I type bogus record locators into that URL until I got a "hit", or does something cross-check the person who is logged in against the RL entered in the URL?

As to the privacy issue, let's not get too overexcited. I have actually seen worse from CO.

Last edited by perezoso; Jul 31, 2006 at 6:40 pm
Old Jul 31, 2006, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by perezoso
I guess the question I am getting at is: Could I patiently type bogus record locators into that URL until I got a "hit", or does something cross-check the person who is logged in against the RL entered in the URL?
HOLY XXXX. I just answered my own question. The answer is bad.

I went back to entering random RL's in that URL, and on the first try (this time), I got a hit.

Yes, you can type new record locators into that URL and it will spit back somebody else's itin. I know, because I just did it. Pulled up a lady's itin from Jacksonville to FCO. Uh-oh.

Tried it again, third random record locator I entered pulled up a couple's itin ... flying out of IAH for San Juan tomorrow afternoon. Offered me OLCI for these folks flights.

Okay, I'm done. I'm not gonna do it anymore, I'm convinced it's a problem.

Sorry, CO Insider, I just found another one...

Last edited by perezoso; Jul 31, 2006 at 6:47 pm
Old Jul 31, 2006, 6:46 pm

Programs: United Global Services, UA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
For me, Firefox and Camino on the Mac (Camino uses the same engine as Firefox, FYI), plus Firefox on the PC showed some of the same core problems that many reported: Calendar does not work; Changing seats is buggy (sometimes got errors that it couldn't load the seat chooser, other times I could not click on a premium seat, even though it showed them availalable and I'm Gold Elite).

Booked EWR->MAD today without much problem, otherwise, but had to call the E.P.L. to get the seats that I wanted.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 6:52 pm

OK, this is so strange. Now I'm Dr. Sheldon H. Hochheiser, silver elite with 304,861 miles. SWEET!
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Originally Posted by mbmiles88
OK, this is so strange. Now I'm Dr. Sheldon H. Hochheiser, silver elite with 304,861 miles. SWEET!
I don't know if this has to do with the previous stuff you people did because of my stupid entering of SID.

But I am also Dr. Sheldon H. Hochheiser
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by sjefenole
I don't know if this has to do with the previous stuff you people did because of my stupid entering of SID.

Wow, this is crazy. Yes I did previously click on your link, but now every time I go to continental.com I am someone else, and yes I did logout and login again.
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is SLOW. Getting the calendar to pop up is way slower than it used to be, especially when changing months, as it is now a server-side .NET assembly that has to execute rather than client-side JScript. For such a simple bit of data it is very inefficient to force that back to server side.

I tried to book EWR-LAS tonight (prices out $100 less than last week), and it won't let me. And the hold time on the CO.COM line is 33 minutes!!

What are the odds I can talk the platinum line in to waiving the booking fee on this? I'm guessing pretty slim.

S.

Edited to add: One other thing I noticed when clicking on the "earn miles with CO" link, it doesn't remember that I'm platinum any more, even though I'm signed in (or at least it seems to think so).

Last edited by sbm12; Jul 31, 2006 at 7:09 pm Reason: add another "bug"
FlyerTalk Evangelist

oy vey....

being able to access other PNRs used to be limited to a PNR + last name, which obviously makes it harder to randomly happen upon one...
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by sjefenole

Me too. I just called up the home page and it has his info under 'My Account Summary' and you can view the details. I wonder if he's real or whether this is just a test account.

Note that I'm not even a OnePass member.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G
Maybe s/he has a public account. The person seems to book most things on continental.com

Has anyone become me lately? My first name is Ole.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes, I became you Ole,
I saw your nice Air France FF number, your upcoming trips to and throughout the US.
I'm not sure what the price was because it was in Kroners...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.