Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prestige Pack

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2004, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Plat/LT Gold, MR Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sandycoflyer
How long does it take to arrive in the mail? I have an upcoming trip and the PC passes would be nice...
I received mine in about a week and a half.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 6:32 am

pack

Originally Posted by skibum_nj
I received mine in about a week and a half.
That would be great if it happened to me. They told me four weeks when I ordered it yesterday. I'm hoping it will arrive before 10/8 so I can use the PC passes. I figured it was worth it to take the chance. Even if it doesn't come, I can use them later.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Actually, it has to be an immediate relative.
Actually, looks like there's a potential loophole, to me:

8. This certificate may be transferred to a person with the same surname, maiden name or home address as the member.... Identification or address proof will be required if surname differs from the member's....
Old Sep 28, 2004, 10:31 am

Programs: UA: MM
Originally Posted by landspeed
Actually, looks like there's a potential loophole, to me:

8. This certificate may be transferred to a person with the same surname, maiden name or home address as the member.... Identification or address proof will be required if surname differs from the member's....
This is correct. I've used the $99 coupon for a ticket for my fiancee. They did warn me that it would be voided if I didn't fly with here (but that would defeat the point right???)

FWIW

DLM
Old Sep 28, 2004, 11:53 am

Do the PC passes have an expiration date like the companion cert. does?
Old Sep 28, 2004, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Plat/LT Gold, MR Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Yes...one year. In fact, all of the coupons in the book are valid for one year (i.e. $$$ off RT airfare coupon and hotel and car rental upgrade / discount coupons).
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:01 am

Programs: Continental One Pass
Originally Posted by dmunz
Things can get a little tricky with the companion ticket if you get an agent that really digs into the fine print. You are suposed to book and purchase the tickets at the same time and must pay (or turn in the coupon) at a ticket counter or ticket office.

I recently used one to purchase a companion ticket for a business trip where my ticket was purchased by our travel agency. The agent at the Sugar Land ticket office wouldn't let me use the coupon. I tried again at the LAX counter and the rep there pushed it through, but it took a few phone calls and some extra time. I think the total ended up at $147. (Still not bad for a $400 fare.)

They really are a good deal, but it's a little work to use them.

FWIW

DLM

PS The rep a LAX reminded me twice that I had to fly with the companion or their ticket would void out. I guess they can run a check at the gate...

You don't have to go to the counter you can do it over the telephone. You just have to mail the coupon in with the confirmation number. Done this several times with no hassle. Companion fare you still have to pay US taxes, pfc's etc, it does round out to about 129.00-135.00 depending where you are flying. I order one of these every year. Earn miles, get upgraded for myself and companion. True has to be booked together same day travel. They will waive booking fees because you CANNOT do this over the internet.

Pananna
Old Oct 2, 2004, 4:40 pm

Question newbie to group...question re prestige packs

This is my first encounter with this group...lots of good info. Thanks. Going to Hawaii on continental end of Oct. 04. What exactly is the prestige package and how do we go about getting it. I'm also a new one pass memeber so my current miles are pretty low. Thanks for patience and help
Old Oct 2, 2004, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by ragansreach
This is my first encounter with this group...lots of good info. Thanks. Going to Hawaii on continental end of Oct. 04. What exactly is the prestige package and how do we go about getting it. I'm also a new one pass memeber so my current miles are pretty low. Thanks for patience and help
Wielcome to FT.

The contents of the packs are listed higher in this very thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=12

I think you have to call the toll (713-952-1630) onepass number to order, but I'm not sure.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:23 pm

Thanks for the reply

Thanks...I read the prior replys and wanted to confirm that was all in the packages..I'll try that op number on monday...again, thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2004, 12:55 am

My husband, just got an "opportunity to enhance your OnePass membership with the added values of Privilege Pacs" with his paper OP statement. It says this is a "one time offer" to Elite OP members.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 4:33 pm

ecoupon?

"- Discount certificate -- save up to $100 on a Continental round-trip ticket: $25 off $175-$274 ticket, $50 off $275-$399 ticket, $10 off a ticket over $399"

The dollar off certificate, is that something I can use to book at co.com or is only call in or go to airport kind of thing?

Reason I ask is that I'm flying fairly soon and don't know when my Prestige Pack was coming. Wondering if OnePass can give me the ID # of these certs over the phone so that I can book my itinary now.

Last edited by kishna; Oct 4, 2004 at 4:38 pm
Old Oct 5, 2004, 11:14 am
jex

Programs: OnePass Silver Elite; United MP
do you have to book the tickets at the same time? just found out that a companion wants to come with me when i visit my family for thanksgiving. i just ordered the prestige pack last week for the miles. is it worth it to wait for the pp and try to book my friend as my companion?
Old Oct 5, 2004, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Thumbs up Platinum Elites can order whenever...

I called the OnePass desk to register for an offer... and while on the line, I asked them if a year had passed yet for me to order a new Prestige Pack. They said I ordered one 10 months ago... but because I was a "valued Platinum Elite", I could re-order one whenever I wanted. As such, I bought another one. A few minutes later, my miles popped-up in my account
Old Oct 6, 2004, 9:11 am

Programs: OnePass, Marriott
Talking Platinum can buy more than one a year?

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
IThey said I ordered one 10 months ago... but because I was a "valued Platinum Elite", I could re-order one whenever I wanted. As such, I bought another one. A few minutes later, my miles popped-up in my account
Thats cool - I need one more $100 off for my trip to Hawaii next year, and the additional 7500 miles will get me to the 70 k mark for another CLE-HNL easypass ticket.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.