FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prestige Pack
Thread: Prestige Pack
View Single Post
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:01 am
pananna

Programs: Continental One Pass
Originally Posted by dmunz
Things can get a little tricky with the companion ticket if you get an agent that really digs into the fine print. You are suposed to book and purchase the tickets at the same time and must pay (or turn in the coupon) at a ticket counter or ticket office.

I recently used one to purchase a companion ticket for a business trip where my ticket was purchased by our travel agency. The agent at the Sugar Land ticket office wouldn't let me use the coupon. I tried again at the LAX counter and the rep there pushed it through, but it took a few phone calls and some extra time. I think the total ended up at $147. (Still not bad for a $400 fare.)

They really are a good deal, but it's a little work to use them.

FWIW

DLM

PS The rep a LAX reminded me twice that I had to fly with the companion or their ticket would void out. I guess they can run a check at the gate...

You don't have to go to the counter you can do it over the telephone. You just have to mail the coupon in with the confirmation number. Done this several times with no hassle. Companion fare you still have to pay US taxes, pfc's etc, it does round out to about 129.00-135.00 depending where you are flying. I order one of these every year. Earn miles, get upgraded for myself and companion. True has to be booked together same day travel. They will waive booking fees because you CANNOT do this over the internet.

Pananna