Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RewardOne and PerksPlus merging

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:01 pm

Wow. Major devaluation of existing points and qualification is too high for the number of travelers we currently have. I'm not really surprised though.

I've got 55.67 points and it looks like redemptions are still available.

The BusinessFirst at 46 points is the most appealing but I tend to do international travel via one-ways where I go out on a one-way and then book another one-way when I'm about ready to return. I can't really figure out how those kinds of changes work. If I find availability would I just need to pay a $150 change fee?

The 13 point club memberships seem like the safest best but as I've held a Pres Plus credit card for a while I'm not sure when I'd redeem them. Do they expire?

The 23 point silver elite status is also a little interesting but as my travelling tends to be international or intra-Texas hops the only benefit on top of my credit card is upgrades on dinky flights.

Any idea when the RewardOne redemption will be gone for sure? I don't want to gamble to extend my 12-month expiration on a ticket and then be stuck with 55,000 PerksPlus points that get me diddly squat.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:01 pm

Also does anyone know if they send 1099s or similar for redemptions as they do require a Tax ID?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:53 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by jimbob
Also does anyone know if they send 1099s or similar for redemptions as they do require a Tax ID?
I don't remember giving a Tax ID only a month ago.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Vulcan
I don't remember giving a Tax ID only a month ago.
I had to give one when I signed up. When I login now it's on the main page in the "Company Information" section. It has "Company Name" and then "Tax ID".
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:22 am

RewardOne shows the 46 point ROEET as

"From US48, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America to South America, Europe, India, Israel, Hawaii, CMI, Guam, Asia"

while PerksPlus shows the 125,000 point ROEET

"Central America / Hawaii To / From US 48 / Canada / Alaska / Caribbean / Mexico / Central America / Hawaii"

Only more expensive PerksPlus codes add Europe (270,000 - ROTEE) and Asia (460,000 - ROEEE). Shouldn't code ROEET mean the same thing between them or is ROEET also now less valuable after the merger?

Chart links:

http://rewardone.continental.com/chart.aspx

http://unitedperksplus.united.com/chart.aspx
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:09 am

I found this in an email dated March 1.

"What happens if the company opts to not enroll in the new United PerksPlus?

For customers who do not convert their points, RewardOne points will remain available for redemption through June 30, 2012 and customers can access their account information online at http://rewardone.continental.com."
Old Apr 12, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Who do i call???

Ok-so the r1 phone number obviously now sends one to some far eastern country...so WHO DO I CALL to redeem points and flights???

UGH...this is another.change.I.will.(not).like.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Ok-so the r1 phone number obviously now sends one to some far eastern country...so WHO DO I CALL to redeem points and flights???

UGH...this is another.change.I.will.(not).like.
I lgged into the account and redeemed online... You can then call reservations with the certificate information to book. You can probably also use the certificate to book via the web site.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
This evening i received email about the migration to PerksPlus. It stated the fllowing:
Existing RewardOne Flight Credit and Point Accrual:

As of April 1, 2012, customers no longer are able to earn points for the existing RewardOne program. Retroactive credit will be provided to existing customers as outlined below:

· Existing RewardOne customers who opt to enroll in United PerksPlus and accept the Terms and Conditions by May 15, 2012 will have their converted points available for redemption on the new program by the end of May.

· Existing RewardOne active customers with a points balance by end of April 2012 who do not have another existing United Corporate Travel Agreement will be able to convert their existing points at a ratio of 1,000 for every 1 RewardOne existing point.

· Existing RewardOne customers who enroll in United PerksPlus and enroll their eligible MileagePlus travelers by May 15, 2012, will receive retroactive credit in the new program for all eligible published travel flown from April 1, 2012 through May 15, 2012. Points earned on qualifying Lufthansa travel will be available in Q3 for tickets flown.

· Existing RewardOne customers who opt to not enroll in the new United PerksPlus program will be able to redeem their points until June 30, 2012. Those customers can access their account information online at http://rewardone.united.com.

Additional information:

· Program participation is limited to companies based in the U.S., Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean for United and United Express operated flights and on Lufthansa operated flights for U.S. companies only.

· Notification to all new United PerksPlus customers will be sent in late May to the Authorized Representative on the account, directing them to the website to view their detailed statement.
This tells me that RewardOne points should post for flights taken through the end of March, 2012. It also tells me that if I have any thought of switching over to the new program I'll need to use all of my points before I do so and switch before May 15 or they will be terribly devalued.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Apr 12, 2012 at 9:21 pm
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:58 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Perhaps I missed it, but I just went to the RewardOne site and looked at the reward chart. I redeemed 2 ROEET awards just before "customer day one". The certificate I have specifically includes Australia-New Zealand. The chart now at the RewardOne site does not mention those 2 destinations for ROEET use.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Do the United Club passes issued by RewardOne have an expiration date?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by paule123
Do the United Club passes issued by RewardOne have an expiration date?
Both my chart links above state:

"Valid for 1 year from date of issue."

Someone else said that they had extended their membership until 2016 so maybe you can apply them all within 1 year?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by jimbob
Both my chart links above state:

"Valid for 1 year from date of issue."

Someone else said that they had extended their membership until 2016 so maybe you can apply them all within 1 year?
I was questioning expiration on the club passes, not the membership.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 6:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
Thumbs down Contact number

Has ANYONE been able to find ANY useful contact numbers for this foresaken group? It seems that United just doesnt understand what a small business really is. All the numbers that I found are useless.
Old May 16, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Marriott Platinum Premier; HH Diamond; Hertz President's Circle; Avis PS; AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by TheMan
Has ANYONE been able to find ANY useful contact numbers for this foresaken group? It seems that United just doesnt understand what a small business really is. All the numbers that I found are useless.
Try 888-737-5775. I just spoke with them and they indicated that the complete switch-over won't happen until mid-June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.