Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RewardOne and PerksPlus merging

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: Continental One Pass, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by paule123
I redeemed RewardOne points for drink coupons a couple weeks before 3/3, got the email confirmation, but no coupons in the mail yet.
My club card arrived today. I guess the 3/3 merger didn't mess things up too bad.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: CO MR HH
We Are Screwed

Here is the link to the new PerksPlus reward chart. What used to be 46 RewardOne Points for Biz Class to Europe and elsewhere, is now 325,000 United PerksPlus points. Our RewardOne points convert at 1,000 to 1. So what used to cost "46,000" points is now 325,000 points.

PLUS, there is a requirement to spend minimum of $5000 in a 3-month period to be able to QUALIFY to redeem.

I called MileagePlus...they admittedly know nothing about any of this.

Boys and grrls...we rewardOne folks just got the shaft!

Anybody see anything different?

http://unitedperksplus.united.com/chart.aspx

Last edited by mikesimm; Apr 3, 2012 at 12:27 pm
Old Apr 3, 2012, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by mikesimm
Anybody see anything different?

http://unitedperksplus.united.com/chart.aspx
Npe -- I see that we need to use our points and retain our fnd memories of the old program.

Even 20 UA currency coupons are 1k points in the new program. That's absurd. That was the equivalent of 2k points in Rewardne, for a five-fold increase! A domestic economy ticket was the equivalent of 16k. Now it's 35k.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:46 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Tier Fare Type Booking Class Hub Non-Hub
1 Last minute or premium fares F, J, Y 3 Points 6 points
2 Typical business travel fares C, A, B, M, E, U, H 2 Points 4 points
3 Highly discounted leisure fares D, Z, P, K, G, Q, V, W, S, T, L 1 point 2 points

Since when are D and Z 'Highly Discounted" leisure fares?

Soooo,
the 2 Business Class certs I redeemed at the last minute for 92 points and is good to anywhere including Australia/New Zealand will now cost 920,000 Points? Talk about inflation

Last edited by Vulcan; Apr 3, 2012 at 9:53 pm
Old Apr 4, 2012, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by Vulcan
the 2 Business Class certs I redeemed at the last minute for 92 points and is good to anywhere including Australia/New Zealand will now cost 920,000 Points? Talk about inflation
The old points were essentially thousands of dllars. The new points represent single dollars (forgetting about any multiplier). 92 of the old points yield 92000 of the new ones. i was curious about the rewards you mentioned. I've not seen any others that increased in price by an order of magnitude. I was going to go back and have another peek at the old chart again but the Rewardne site appears to be dwn.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
The old RewardOne site was still operating yesterday afternoon, so I grabbed a screenshot of the old reward chart.

Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
The old points were essentially thousands of dllars. The new points represent single dollars (forgetting about any multiplier). 92 of the old points yield 92000 of the new ones. i was curious about the rewards you mentioned. I've not seen any others that increased in price by an order of magnitude. I was going to go back and have another peek at the old chart again but the Rewardne site appears to be dwn.
Here is the chart. The only mention I see of Australia/New Zealand is the last line at 460,000 each. Perhaps I am reading it wrong but it appears that if I want to go TPA-SYD-TPA, it can only be done with a RCOEE?

United PerksPlus Reward Chart

Travel Certificates*

Reward Description Class** Code Points
To / From US 48 / Canada / Alaska / Caribbean / Mexico To / From Asia / Micronesia / Cairns
Round-trip Economy Class certificate K ROTEN 35,000
Round-trip Business Class certificate R ROEEN 90,000
Central America / Hawaii To / From US 48 / Canada / Alaska / Caribbean / Mexico / Central America / Hawaii
Round-trip Economy Class certificate K ROTET 60,000
Round-trip Business Class certificate R ROEET 125,000
Europe To / From US 48 / Alaska / Canada / Caribbean / Mexico / Central America / Hawaii / Europe
Round-trip Economy Class certificate K ROTBE 75,000
Round-trip Business Class certificate R ROTEE 325,000
South America / Micronesia To / From US 48 / Alaska / Canada / Caribbean / Mexico / Central America / Hawaii / Europe / South America / Micronesia
Round-trip Economy Class certificate K ROEER 110,000
Round-trip Business Class certificate R ROEEE 270,000
System (Includes Africa / Asia / Australia / New Zealand / India / Middle East) To / From System
Round-trip Economy Class certificate K ROCET 125,000
Round-trip Business Class certificate R ROCEE 460,000

**R booking class: Front cabin on 2 Cabin aircraft, Middle cabin on 3 Cabin aircraft
Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Well, I can look at the program like this:

Pluses:
All fares earn points (CO's program had 0 earnings sub V).
Minuses:
Points are worth FAR less.

North America Y award was 16 => 35.
North America F award (A/Z class readily redeemable) @ 28=> R (hard) 90

Int'l
Y 28/46 => (75-125)/(325-460).

Even a non-hub traveler flying full J fares is inflated by a factor of 3 compared to the old CO program.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paule123
The old RewardOne site was still operating yesterday afternoon, so I grabbed a screenshot of the old reward chart.
The old site seems t be up and running again. I wonder whether any points are still being deposited. I've got 31.74 points might have enough to get to 35 if the last month or two worth of tickets credited.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:48 pm

The old site seems t be up and running again. I wonder whether any points are still being deposited. I've got 31.74 points might have enough to get to 35 if the last month or two worth of tickets credited.
I'm down to 1.22
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: Continental One Pass, HHonors, Marriott
I'm down to 1.22
Beat you. I'm down to 0.05
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd go for two economy certs if I had 0.26 more points points ... but I'm a tad shrt... it seems that none of my February travel qualified. I find that odd as I had some A and D fares ...
Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:00 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
I'm at 12.56 points, just $460 in qualifying fares from another extension to my UC membership.

FWIW, I already have burned 26 points to extend my UC membership until 2016.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,
I'm down to 1.22
I managed to burn mine to .55

I'd go for two economy certs if I had 0.26 more points points ... but I'm a tad shrt... it seems that none of my February travel qualified. I find that odd as I had some A and D fares ...
Too bad we can't donate or gift leftover points to fellow FT'er in need of a few to get that next reward. I'd be willing to unload my .55 to someone if it was possible.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Received this email today.

April 11, 2012

PerksPlus account: XXXXXX

Dear XXXXXX,

As a valued PerksPlus customer, I wanted to provide you an update regarding your PerksPlus Award Travel Certificates issued to you over the last year. You may be aware that our PerksPlus Service Center has not been able to book travel with these certificates as a result of our recent migration to a single Passenger Sales System.

In recognition of this inconvenience, we are taking this opportunity to send you new Economy Class United Electronic Certificates, which will allow you to book your requested travel via united.com or United Reservations. These certificates are valid for redemption and travel over the next 12 months.

I want to personally apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you over the last month.

Thank you for your support of United.

Sincerely,

Charles A. Crowder
I definitely appreciate the extension. The weird thing is that while there is a Promotion Code, there is no Certificate PIN. Based on my reading of the terms and conditions, I think there was supposed to be one.

The terms and conditions are:
1. Certificate valid for one (1) Economy ticket for travel within the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico or Caribbean. Travel permitted on flights operated by United and United Express. It is not valid on flights operated by other airlines, such as United-Marketed code share and Star Alliance flights.

2. 100% off a qualifying Round Trip itinerary purchased at United.com. The discount applies only to the base fare, and not to any taxes, fees or surcharges, including, but not limited to Passenger Facility Charges (PFCs), departure and arrival taxes and carrier-imposed surcharges. The total price shown on United.com for qualifying itineraries will include the discounted base fare and all applicable taxes, fees and surcharges.

3. Certificate requires a 7-day advance purchase.

4. Valid for one year from date of issue. All travel must be completed by the expiration date. Extension of validity is not permitted under any circumstances.

5. Certificate only valid on Round Trip or One Way itineraries. Circle trips, or trips with multi-city itineraries are not permitted. You must follow a permitted routing. Stopovers are not permitted.

6. Certificate may only be applied to the purchase of one new ticket and may not be applied to previously purchased tickets. It may not be used or combined with any other discount certificate or MileagePlus reward. The airline ticket issued in exchange for this certificate is non-transferable and non-endorsable.

7. Certificate may not be applied on the following fares: companion, travel industry, contract, bulk, convention, tour conductor, children, family plan, government, group, military, senior citizen, student, youth, infant, tour basing, Round the World, Visit USA, or any non-published fares.

8. All rules of the fare purchased apply. Reservations and ticket purchases on United.com must be completed simultaneously. The published fare you qualify for depends on what class of service is available on the days you travel. Not all flights are eligible for an eCertificate discount. In some instances you may find flights that are not eligible because they have already been discounted, and are less expensive than the eCertificate eligible flights.

9. Upgrades and MileagePlus accrual is not permitted.

10. Changes are permitted to travel times and dates only. Changes to the city origin and destination are not allowed.

11. This certificate is non-transferable, and void if sold or bartered.

12. The certificate has no cash value and may not be altered, duplicated, sold or bartered. If lost, stolen, expired or destroyed certificates will not be replaced. Only one certificate is permitted per ticket. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

13. Redeposit of PIN credit is not permitted on reissued, refunded or voided tickets.

14. In the event of a flight irregularity, alternate travel will be provided on United and/or United Express.

15. United’s Contract of Carriage applies to all travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.