Lack of Response from OnePass

Old Dec 6, 11, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various
Lack of Response from OnePass

At the beginning of November, my family and I flew LH RT from LHR to TLV. Unsurprisingly, the miles didn't credit to our OnePass accounts. After the 15 days passed, I send in our BPs, etc. to the email address. No response. I sent them again 1 week later. No response. I did it again - still no response.

It isn't a lot of miles, but it's enough to put me over the top to 1K, my husband to 1P, and my 2 kids to 2P (they're 1P this year, but haven't flown as much), so it is kind of important that we get the miles.

Has anyone else had problems with the onepass email address recently? And is there a 1kvoice equivalent for CO?
Old Dec 6, 11, 3:44 am

Programs: SPG Plat
I only e-mailed onepass one time this year. It took them 3 months to reply back
Sorry, this is the only data point I can share with you.
Wish you luck
Old Dec 6, 11, 6:33 am
Suspended

I sure hope the OnePass response protocol doesn't infect the new airline.

For example, I noticed this morning that my UA flight on 1 December had not yet been posted to my MP account. When I tried to have it credited to my account using .bomb, I was advised that the flight didn't qualify for mileage credit. Well, since I didn't purchase the flight with miles, that was of course the wrong answer, so I called the MP help desk. A very polite CSR answered the call - I wasn't even placed on hold - and within a few minutes she straightened everything out, and applied the appropriate mileage credit to my account.
Old Dec 6, 11, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
See also: Why is the OPSC so ineffective?

Despite CO's awards and accolades for customer service, customer service seems to be a recurring problem for them.
Old Dec 6, 11, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, OPSC is extremely slow at the moment.
Old Dec 6, 11, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, WN A-List Pref & CP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott (LT) Plat, Hertz PC
Yep, I've been waiting over a month with no response to get credit for an Aegean flight. Haven't even received a "we're looking into it" email. Why does CO even bother to say I should expect a response within two business weeks?
Old Dec 6, 11, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
The OPSC is full of empty promises and is highly ineffective (which is precisely why I started the other thread referenced )
Old Dec 6, 11, 8:52 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, CO MM Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
The OPSC is full of empty promises and is highly ineffective (which is precisely why I started the other thread referenced )
Dare I say, this is a "flaw" in the system that I don't I care for myself, but it is worth noting.

When claiming missing miles from a partner carrier, the OPSC submits the request to that carrier and waits for a response. If there is no response, It doesn't appear there is a mechanism in place to trigger something to let CO know they have not responded (or maybe there is and they just don't want to deal with it ).

As I posted recently, I'm still missing 1 of 4 segments for an OZ flight in September. CO sent over the request for Sept 1st, my departure date, and OZ denied it. When I didn't see the miles post for almost a month, I called back and CO sent it back over with Sept 2nd, my arrival date into ICN. After a couple more weeks without seeing my miles, I called back in to find out OZ denied it again??? This is all normally done electronically without too much trouble, but I'm now sending in a copy of my boarding pass and the OPSC is going to call OZ to find out what their problem is.

The guy I talked to was a supervisor and very helpful, and we talked about the overall process for requesting missing miles and maintaining my account in general. Most importantly, he acknowledged that since the merger started, that emails to the OPSC are very backed up and he knows there is some frustration there and that they're trying to get caught up. However, he also noted that OnePass accounts are basiclly "self-maintained" accounts and that if you're not getting responses in a timely manner, call in periodically.

So, as has been noted several times, call the elite line and ask to be transferred over to the OPSC. I have not waited more than two minutes when I do this.

Last edited by emcsweeney; Dec 6, 11 at 8:58 am Reason: can't spell
Old Dec 6, 11, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by emcsweeney View Post
However, he also noted that OnePass accounts are basiclly "self-maintained" accounts and that if you're not getting responses in a timely manner, call in periodically.
This is unfortunately the crux of the issue. MP is much more automated, and when a manual hand is required, things get fixed pretty much immediately. Since we're going to use CO's systems going forward, we're all going to have to babysit our accounts much more, and I'm sure call/e-mail volume to CS is going to increase. Not looking forward to future interactions.

So, as has been noted several times, call the elite line and ask to be transferred over to the OPSC. I have not waited more than two minutes when I do this.
This does work well (though I really hope we'll get a more dedicated set of agents for Elites, a la MP). But it's more than just missing flight credits (which is a big issue of course). Dealing with UG instruments appears to be particularly difficult for OPSC - I've been told twice now that my RU is "scheduled" to be returned to my account. The 2nd time I got fed up and asked the agent to work with a supe to get it deposted immediately. It supposedly will later this AM - we'll see.
Old Dec 6, 11, 9:02 am

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott-SPG Platinum Premier Ambassador
I've been fighting with the OPSC for close to 6 months trying to get credit for my partner and me for a flight from JNB to LHR in June. Mine finally posted to my account right around Thanksgiving, but my partner's still hasn't posted. We never get a straight answer out of OPSC, even the supervisors. Each time we call, we seem to get a different answer.

Their process for handling missing mileage credit is flawed. One agent said it used to be so easy in the past when they allowed the agent to just post it to your account when you provided the boarding pass and e-ticket information, but they're no longer allowed to do that because they have to get approval from the operating carrier.

I've never had this issue with MP in the past, and with the merger, I'm hoping that the OP rules and processes don't win out.
Old Dec 6, 11, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by JLSocks View Post
...but they're no longer allowed to do that because they have to get approval from the operating carrier....
Unfortunately, this is the case...that I'm also dealing with.
Old Dec 6, 11, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emcsweeney View Post
As I posted recently, I'm still missing 1 of 4 segments for an OZ flight in September. CO sent over the request for Sept 1st, my departure date, and OZ denied it. When I didn't see the miles post for almost a month, I called back and CO sent it back over with Sept 2nd, my arrival date into ICN. After a couple more weeks without seeing my miles, I called back in to find out OZ denied it again??? This is all normally done electronically without too much trouble, but I'm now sending in a copy of my boarding pass and the OPSC is going to call OZ to find out what their problem is.

The guy I talked to was a supervisor and very helpful, and we talked about the overall process for requesting missing miles and maintaining my account in general. Most importantly, he acknowledged that since the merger started, that emails to the OPSC are very backed up and he knows there is some frustration there and that they're trying to get caught up. However, he also noted that OnePass accounts are basiclly "self-maintained" accounts and that if you're not getting responses in a timely manner, call in periodically.

Does CO not use any sort of automation for *A mileage posting? *A has an entire system dedicated to mileage posting, where the tickets are tagged to the carrier who requests mileage posting.

UA can reconcile most *A tickets with an online request and post immediately.
Old Dec 6, 11, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JLSocks View Post
One agent said it used to be so easy in the past when they allowed the agent to just post it to your account when you provided the boarding pass and e-ticket information, but they're no longer allowed to do that because they have to get approval from the operating carrier.
Back when CO was in SkyTeam, there was no validation on partner credit.

The problem is not the approval -- that can happen in seconds. It seems that the CO reps do not have access to the system that generates the approvals.

Maybe they're sending them to some other department to handle?
Old Dec 6, 11, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC View Post
This is unfortunately the crux of the issue. MP is much more automated, and when a manual hand is required, things get fixed pretty much immediately. Since we're going to use CO's systems going forward, we're all going to have to babysit our accounts much more, and I'm sure call/e-mail volume to CS is going to increase. Not looking forward to future interactions...
Agreed. This does appear to be one of the many differences, but I believe they're still working on bringing the two processes together and will eventually streamline the system. However, FWIW, I was told that the process for requesting missing miles from a partner carrier is exactly the same for both UA/CO. What happens after that is another story.

[QUOTE=UA-NYC;17575957...Dealing with UG instruments appears to be particularly difficult for OPSC - I've been told twice now that my RU is "scheduled" to be returned to my account. The 2nd time I got fed up and asked the agent to work with a supe to get it deposted immediately. It supposedly will later this AM - we'll see.[/QUOTE]

You and others have mentioned this a few times, so it does appear as though this part of the program wasn't developed correctly/thoroughly. Can't say I've had to deal with it myself yet, but based on your experineces so far I'm not looking forward to it. Hopefully, by the time I have too....you'll have paved the way for me.
Old Dec 6, 11, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by channa View Post
Does CO not use any sort of automation for *A mileage posting? *A has an entire system dedicated to mileage posting, where the tickets are tagged to the carrier who requests mileage posting.

UA can reconcile most *A tickets with an online request and post immediately.
I would hope so, but it sure doesn't look like it at the moment.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: