Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by snod08
My dentist always manages to find something to fix. SO, one cleaning visit becomes three other visits.
I've been fortunate - after a lifetime of at the dentist, I haven't had any issues since having a bridge installed about 6 years ago. I pray this continues ...
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Later, Box. Another theater night, another hopefully good cash night in exchange for doing a human icicle impersonation.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Is there a way to automagically tack PayPal fees on to an invoice? PayPal's help section is not living up to its name.
The person paying can select "Services Rendered" or "Gift" instead of purchase - this will then give them an option of covering the credit card fee if paying by credit card (no fee if paying via ACH).
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
IMAGINE
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:48 am
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Trustguy
I will net two Hyatt stays (completing my 5 stays for the 10,000 points) over the next 3 days. The night in the middle will be at teh Ritz Carlton Laguna Niguel (headquarters for the offsite).
Nice^
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had to cancel the STT Best Western reservation - back to conference hotel.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by fozz
I am slowly being reminded how much AT&T Wireless sucks.
If my company didn't pay for my phone to be AT&T then I'd probably get Verizon like my wife has. I think AT&T forgot to install towers in Seattle.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:51 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
New Hyatt Place opening up in Sugar Land tonight. :-:

Press release:
2010HYATT PLACE HOUSTON/SUGAR LAND AND WOODBINE DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION HOST GRAND OPENING GREEN LIGHT GALA
Largest Hyatt Place Property in the Nation Celebrates Grand Opening in Sugar Land
WHAT: The Grand Opening Green Light Gala at Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land will host VIPs from the area and include a tour of the hotel, lakeside reception with tapas, open bar, live entertainment and special lighting ceremony. New toy donations will also be accepted on behalf of the Santa Exchange program.
VISUAL: At approximately 7:00 p.m., after remarks from key Hyatt representatives, the crowd will count down to the special lighting ceremony, at which time the exterior of the hotel will be illuminated in a green glow and the crowd will break green glow sticks in celebration of the hotels opening.
WHEN:Wednesday, December 8 Gala: 6-8 p.m.Lighting Ceremony: Approx. 7:00 p.m.
WHERE: Hyatt Place Houston/Sugar Land 16730 Creek Bend Dr.Sugar Land, TX 77478The hotel is located in Lake Pointe Town Center. From Hwy. 59, take the Hwy. 6 exit and travel north on Hwy. 6 to Fluor-Daniel Drive and turn right; travel to Creek Bend Drive (at the first stop sign) and turn right; proceed to Hyatt Place.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by f22spitfire
If my company didn't pay for my phone to be AT&T then I'd probably get Verizon like my wife has. I think AT&T forgot to install towers in Seattle.
My previous employer had Verizon and I absolutely hated the call quality and how easily it would clip highs and lows. I have no idea how people deal with that.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:58 am
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by windwalker
How'd that go?

Did another 3.5 hours of doors and trim this morning and am building up more than one callus on my paint brush hand. Ceilings are next so will be complaining something else very soon.

will\can you create a training video, so I can share with mine
I will investigate the progress made when I visit on Saturday. I supposed throwing away anything is progress but I would recommend almost everything in the basement should be tossed. If they have done a good job I will have them create a video.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Alright - mad dash home, turn in car for new transmission, walk to rental car, drive hour to BNA, and fly to LAS ...
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fozz
My previous employer had Verizon and I absolutely hated the call quality and how easily it would clip highs and lows. I have no idea how people deal with that.
I had just as many problems with Verizon as I've had with AT&T. At the end of the day, all cell providers have their flaws. I think the people that believe a Verizon iPhone is going to be the best thing since sliced bread are in for a rude awakening.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Originally Posted by photog72
New Hyatt Place opening up in Sugar Land tonight. :-:

Press release:
Stayed there last week, little tricky to get to the first time
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
AfternoonBox!

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
I go back to being a non-elite nobody in February, and honestly it doesn't bother me that much. I have more important things to be doing than flying for sport. I'd rather put that cash into a Roth IRA and then buy F when I'm old.
I'd rather go crazy young, retire to a small house in Dominican Republic and drink rum, smoke cigars and play dominos on the beach every day!

Originally Posted by icurhere2
I put the money in the Roth IRA and get upgraded to F from the cheap Y seats now
That's the spirit!

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
Consumer Reports, in today's review of cell phone service providers, lists them as the absolute worst.

Personally, I have never had a problem with them, but then I don't require data service from them...just a cell phone plan. It seems the majority of complaints are coming from those customers who do require data service...in particular, iPhone users.

Allegedly, Verizon and Apple are on the cusp of an agreement for the iPhone, so maybe Apple is finally on to AT&T's deficiencies as well.

My wife is amused by the fact that AT&T bills themself as having the fastest 3G network while other carriers have moved on to embrace 4G.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
#1. Consumer Reports never has been my favorite rag. Tooo Safety-Mom-ish

#2. T-Mobile doesn't have 4G. HSPA+ is the ultimate revolution of HSPA (3.5G) which AT&T has had for years. Sprint's Wi-Max so ridiculously bad compared to HSPA+ that T-Mobile can get away with saying it
s 4G because it is faster then Wi-Max. Verizon has launched LTE (the fastest 4G there is) this month with AT&t doing so in 2011. Once the Evil Empire and Verizon start blanketing the major cities with LTE coverage and great devices to work with it, Sprint and T-Mobile will be left hurting.

#3. Can you give me SPG Plat Will??
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by adelauro

Now give me back my dog."

More apologies to any consultants in the Box.
Humorous indeed, and no offense taken

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.