Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Greetings from NJ... brrr cold, but far better here than at home - where COFlyerCLE+1 tells me we have a good 12" or so of snow at our house.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Finishing up in SDF today and heading down to FLL but still keeping our coats where we can find them getting off the airplane.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

G'morning, Box. Another 3 award seats booked for family & friends. It is easy to look like a genius when LH publishes so much award inventory.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:15 am

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter
Wanted to thank all of the Box'ers who sent in nice notes about the SMDII charter. It was great enough of an experience finding note after note in my file, fowarded over from corporate - but it was an even bigger treat to checkin for my trip on Saturday and be sent to my supervisor's office. Why? He congratulated me on all the good compliments and awarded me a special service pin to be worn on my uniform, and also 2 fee-waived passes for F/BF. Ms. LukeSkywaiter is appreciative as well, for the latter...
I'm really glad that CO takes the time to forward compliments to everyone. I'm sure they overwhelmingly get complaints - so pointing out and sharing all the good should be a priority.

^
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:24 am

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by sbm12
G'morning, Box. Another 3 award seats booked for family & friends. It is easy to look like a genius when LH publishes so much award inventory.
Is a seat in LH whY really an award? Seems more like a sentence to me.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bdjohns1
I would never book them on the 744. I got them on the 346 which at least has AVOD. And one of the three is going C in one direction. With a limited supply of miles they do what they have to do.

I also gave them options on AC and TP but the AC flight and extra connection adds 3-5 hours travel time in each direction and that eats away at the trip.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by sbm12
I got them on the 346 which at least has AVOD. And one of the three is going C in one direction. .
I think the AVOD was about the only thing that made FRA-ORD tolerable.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
In the words of our fearless leader, Bom Diddly Box.

Halfway to the weekend.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Good morning box, just want to say that Alco was spot on with his review of SK Business Class, great for day flight only. Slope recline without a foot rest to hold you up makes you slide.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Morning, Box. The first number on the scale was a 2 this morning. First time I've seen that since about this time in 2002.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Satan is behind this. I know it. :-:
LOL! Nope just the UA employees!

Originally Posted by Lurker1999
I tried that link (before as well) and it simply points me back at the CO website since the first two segments of the day are on CO.

This is going to be an issue as UA is in a totally separate terminal at BOS and I don't have enough time to make a stop there before the flight. And in IAH the connection is going to be pretty tight. Hopefully the PC will come through in BOS as I'd rather not have the first conversation be in SNA with a UA rep, not to mention that the RCC is closed by the time the CO flight lands.
Also if you didnt know, the IAH PC North in C has a UA rep in it.

Originally Posted by icurhere2
Long list of CO specials this week (and BNA is twice-blessed). The only international flights I see are to Canuckistan.
Yes the specials look good. Wonder when we will see specials cross posting?

Originally Posted by sfogate
? I'm confused.
I fiqured out what is was long before I got my email, still can't find you!

Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
Greetings from NJ... brrr cold, but far better here than at home - where COFlyerCLE+1 tells me we have a good 12" or so of snow at our house.
Sounds like good cuddle weather! Think about the positive sides of the snow!
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:44 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Morning, Box. The first number on the scale was a 2 this morning. First time I've seen that since about this time in 2002.
This past week I saw a 4 after the two for an extended period of time. My goal of taking a fun job and one that helps me work out is paying off. Just too bad I have too weeks in Denver with no ramp work so have to be carefully!

I am wondering if we will have a day in Ticket and Gate training dedicated to how to work with elites?
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
It's so wonderful to have a critical issue with your client and to have all internal support staff be completely silent on the issue.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
I dropped back to a "1" as the first number two days ago but it's Adderall (amphetamine), not eating (due to the first), and playing five games of racquetball a day in singles because only one opponent has been showing up.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by Scott6067
Sounds like good cuddle weather! Think about the positive sides of the snow!
In WI it's called drinking weather.

Originally Posted by bdjohns1
+1. Our travel office punishes people by "accidentally" booking TATL and inter-Asian travel on DL 752's and 763's. That's why I'm very nice to them and have been rewarded with SQ and OZ this year.

Good night box.

Gotta grab some drinks before the redeye to ICN.

Last edited by ande777emt; Dec 8, 2010 at 7:58 am Reason: It's teh box, I'll be honest, I'm grabbing more than "a drink"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.