Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ssullivan
Thank you, Plus 1, for backing me up in that other thread. Apparently some naysayers refuse to admit that a Platinum could get elite upgrades these days on heavy business travel routes and days on a regular basis.
It's been a while since I've been tempted to post in one of those threads. I almost did it then thought better. I really don't need a condescending "congratulations on your good luck" from you know who. On second thought maybe I will, it might be fun to watch his head explode when I detail my EUA rate as an EWR based COol aid drinker.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
I'm assuming that would only be on the current livery UA planes? Doing so on the gray planes would look really bad.
Don't know. Report was the UA aircraft at HNL were having the paint on their tails scraped like in the video.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: United Million Miler 1K, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by baglady
That was probably easier than the actual closing routine.
There was also a claw machine that one of the girls could win every time and we knew how to get free PacMan.

That and shut down 21 cash registers and do re-stocking.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
CO633 is booked 13/20 and I am 7 on the list. I wonder if I will be the victim of CO's TOD scheme. :-:
Old Dec 5, 2010, 9:16 pm

I knew those random Amtrak points I've slowly been accruing for five years now would come in handy one day. I just booked myself a free ticket from NYC back to Washington DC next Sunday afternoon. My partner is going to be in New York for work part of this week, and talked me into changing my ticket Friday to meet him there, instead of coming back to DC. It's going to be a nice, inexpensive weekend in NYC, considering my flight there is covered by work, his flight there and Amtrak home is covered by his work, and my Amtrak ticket home is free. It will also give us a chance to use up a couple of the Hilton free night certificates earned in promos this year, since several of those are expiring in early 2011.
I used Amtrak points to send my wife to NYC a couple of weeks ago. I was astounded at how easy it was to use them, though I guess I shouldn't have been.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: United Million Miler 1K, Etihad Gold
Night box!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
yak yak yak I cant talk no smack.

I am having withdrawls, no flying in a while, and it will come, but all in a flurry, or early next year now
Old Dec 5, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Originally Posted by sfogate
Thanks for the tips. I also got one from my work buddy (he's from CLE): wear my pj bottoms instead of long underwear, it's alot more comfortable and just as warm.
I disagree with this advice. I guess it depends on how active you want to be, but to me a tight-fitting wicking under-layer is key if you're going to be doing anything other than standing in one place. Anything else tends to ride up in strange places.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
I think that when you passed the 2-5 cans taken and moved into 30+ is when people started to
I took 2 cans of Bloody Mary mix from the JFK RCC last time I was there. I liked that they had the "mini" sized cans of a bunch of different things (cranberry juice, etc.) I do like the spicy tomato but this is a good size because if I drink an entire standard can, I can practically feel myself going into hypertension from all the sodium...

Thanks for the tips. I also got one from my work buddy (he's from CLE): wear my pj bottoms instead of long underwear, it's alot more comfortable and just as warm.
If he's from CLE he definitely knows what it is to be cold.

I guess I did the opposite growing up - wore long underwear (which was often brightly colored and striped) as pajamas!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Forgive me Bx for I have 'd.

Just booked three WN segments for later this month.

There's nothing sadder than getting to Q4 when project travel budgets are almost exhausted and finding that WN can do for $250 what any other carrier wants $400 to do.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:00 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On hold with Norton tech support ...15 min and counting....it's past my bedtime

ETA: music playing is "Come Saturday Morning" wonder if I'll be on hold for 6 days
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by msv
On hold with Norton tech support ...15 min and counting....it's past my bedtime

ETA: music playing is "Come Saturday Morning" wonder if I'll be on hold for 6 days
Good luck with that.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by mwg25
I took 2 cans of Bloody Mary mix from the JFK RCC last time I was there. I liked that they had the "mini" sized cans of a bunch of different things (cranberry juice, etc.) I do like the spicy tomato but this is a good size because if I drink an entire standard can, I can practically feel myself going into hypertension from all the sodium...
I buy spicy bloody mary mix and am happy drinking it plain (though of course, will throw in vodka). I like pairing it with chex mix which is just asking for salt retention.

Originally Posted by mwg25
I guess I did the opposite growing up - wore long underwear (which was often brightly colored and striped) as pajamas!
LOL! Me too!!!!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Phudnik
I used Amtrak points to send my wife to NYC a couple of weeks ago. I was astounded at how easy it was to use them, though I guess I shouldn't have been.
I was short a few points, so I spent $13 to top off my account. Not a bad deal for a one way award ticket.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I have a new favorite Christmas song; Coldplay's "Christmas Lights"

It's a beautiful song (as most of theirs are)

I did not realize that "Another Old Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg was a true recollection. It was a sweet story; the lady he wrote it for kept mum until after his passing.

Thank you, AOL writer, for tidbits about various Christmas songs and revisiting Snoopy at peace with the Red Baron (Snoopy's Christmas by the Royal Guardsmen)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.