Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:39 am

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Originally Posted by colpuck
Beat you like a redheaded step child.
Duly beaten. Ouch.

Originally Posted by colpuck
That plane has serious Weight and Balance issues. They only deny one or two, if everyone shows up.
Wow, I've never seen a W+B on that plane. The only one I remember was a CRJ-200 going from ORD to OKC - there were a couple of people who raised their hands to volunteer, but I was in row 3 and therefore the closest and easiest to accommodate. :-:

Originally Posted by photog72
I wish it was a nasal septum job. It's an abscess removal in a sensitive part of the body.
owwwww...

My office-mate had the aforementioned nasal septum job the week before Thanksgiving. I'll see him tomorrow for the first time since then - all I heard was that the first day was MISERABLE and even a week later he was still a little woozy. Sounds wretched.

Originally Posted by belynch
?
POTC referenced the Donner Party. Very depressing reading if you aren't familiar.

Originally Posted by ssullivan
I must have missed something in the five days of Box I didn't go back and read. What's this about Canadian North rust buckets?
ALCO got overnight VDBed in YZF (I think? or could have been some other city starting in Y) and positioned home in an, err, alternative fashion. He was pretty gleeful.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
I must have missed something in the five days of Box I didn't go back and read. What's this about Canadian North rust buckets?
Took a VDB on the way up to YZF. Got to haz a 737-200 Combi on Canadian North YEG-YZF.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
If Dante was alive today, he would rewrite The Inferno with a tenth circle reserved for those who don't know how to properly use the reply all function in their e-mail.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
You must supply a value for the 'city' field of this form.
You must supply a value for the 'state' field of this form.

Copy of said form
1. * Email
3. * First Name
4. * Last Name
7. * Address 1
9.* Zip
10. * Daytime Phone
11. Evening Phone
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jrzyshawn
Shawn's Parking provides secure parking for only $8 a day with complimentary shuttle on demand service.
^

Originally Posted by windwalker
Morning Howdy Box,, Boxers and Boxettes

Brit and other Festering Pit Folks-
Is there still a get together planned for tomorrow(11/30)?
Originally Posted by windwalker
I think Brit was saying she'd be free around 7ish

I'm due in at 7:22p, have to grab luggage and rental Car-RUTRO, haz not done that yet. Hope cars are not sold out
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Bom Diddly, Box. :-:

I am definitely up for some drinks tomorrow night.

I don't think I will be able to do it. I have a client dinner I need to attend from 7:30 on, and probably won't be done until 10. Then I will have prep work I need to do for the next day ...

However, ALCO and Windwalker: PM me your cell numbers and if I get off earlier, I'll call you and try to at least have a martini with you.

I don't haz a single CO or :-: Alliance flight booked until 2011.

Originally Posted by mwg25
Hooray! :-:

While everyone's looking at their calendars - Dec 10? NYC? Started something in the other place.
Bummer; I'll be cruising in the Caribbean ..... aaaaah!
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by icurhere2
I was very skeptical initially but amazed at the performance increase once I used Microsoft Gold Certified TuneUp Utilities on my XP box - Costco had it free after rebate one week. I do have one more license and could dig up the CD if radonc1 wanted to try ...
Thanks
I am going to buy the RAM (4GB for $160) and install it and see what happens. I do need to clean my computer of the trash that is on it. I will PM you if I need the utility.
Radonc1
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Noticed in teh inflight magazine that AC now offers YOW-YFB flights on its own metal (AC Jazz CRJ-705)...

Stellar Redemption Value at 25K
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
^
Bummer; I'll be cruising in the Caribbean ..... aaaaah!
When are you leaving. We are going Sat from SJU.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Took a VDB on the way up to YZF. Got to haz a 737-200 Combi on Canadian North YEG-YZF.
Well done!
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Morning, Box. Been away for a while like a few others.

Spent a few days in BNA with a bunch of my wife's family, and had a pretty decent time, aside from the getting there and back. 1.5 hour traffic jam on the way there in KY, and driving while under the weather on the way back.

icurhere2, I don't remember which institute of higher education you teach at in the BNA area, but there's an outside chance it's the same school my brother-in-law is teaching at.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by bdjohns1
Spent a few days in BNA with a bunch of my wife's family, and had a pretty decent time, aside from the getting there and back. 1.5 hour traffic jam on the way there in KY, and driving while under the weather on the way back.

icurhere2, I don't remember which institute of higher education you teach at in the BNA area, but there's an outside chance it's the same school my brother-in-law is teaching at.
Interesting - if you send a PM of the school, I can let you know.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Originally Posted by Steph3n
Yes, right click desktop, Personalize, basic and high contract themes, Windows Classic.
Noted=will look into when back over there

Originally Posted by Brituchenite
I don't think I will be able to do it. I have a client dinner I need to attend from 7:30 on, and probably won't be done until 10. Then I will have prep work I need to do for the next day ...

However, ALCO and Windwalker: PM me your cell numbers and if I get off earlier, I'll call you and try to at least have a martini with you.
Well it looks like Teh Brit is out for tomorrow night-sorry that works wants to interfere with fun things.

I'm in The Pit, till the 5th-fairly open(as of now) most nights
anyone?
Pick a place

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by icurhere2
Interesting - if you send a PM of the school, I can let you know.
In the best spirit of CC, YHPM.

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
As some of us are all too familiar, there is nothing to do around PHL and the stadiums. The hunt begins for a postgame venue...
If the party is small, I suggest Monk's Cafe. Never been there myself, but it is known as having the best beer list in Philly.

The other place I was going to recommend closed last year, which shows how often I go out in Center City.

If Dante was alive today, he would rewrite The Inferno with a tenth circle reserved for those who don't know how to properly use the reply all function in their e-mail.
I liked yesterday's Pearls Before Swine, for much the same reason.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Noticed in teh inflight magazine that AC now offers YOW-YFB flights on its own metal (AC Jazz CRJ-705)...
You have gone to some crazy places for some inadvisably short amounts of time, and not once have I said the following:

What. The. Hell. Why??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.