Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
ZOMG... Hipsters actually have caught on to rutabegas.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Danke. Will have to check them out.

Taken any hip photos of rutabegas lately?
I resemble that remark.

Now I'm not sure if I'll share my tacos joints with you.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
be careful what you wish for!
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Which day do you get in? tomorrow?
Saturday
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Hipster music alert for ALCO: The Avett Brothers
Someone may need to check the time machine, but I think I tipped teh box off to them many moons ago (along with Mumford + Sons).

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to polish the white-walled tires of my $10,000 ironic Dutch bicycle.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Now I'm not sure if I'll share my tacos joints with you.
Hey, now, there's no need for crazy talk. :-:
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Not nearly high enough.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by belynch
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to polish the white-walled tires of my $10,000 ironic Dutch bicycle.
You are so behind the times. I'm now riding an ber-Retro Smart Plug-In Big Wheels Hybrid to work.

Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Someone may need to check the time machine, but I think I tipped teh box off to them many moons ago (along with Mumford + Sons).

Just one gear on my fixie bike....
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:34 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
I just gave channa a pretty harsh response. Go look at the UA forum before it gets deleted.
If the box has degraded to the level of encouraging post snipping perhaps everyone should take a good long look at why it's here.

If it's to kick around off topic comments and whatnot then great.

But if it's to huddle up and act as a staging ground for mis-information, borderline personal attacks (which by the way when engaged in without addressing the *cause* only serve to make the attacker poster even more shrill, misinformed, or flat out delusional, and do *nothing* to further their viewpoint -- except of course with current list of cohorts) then I start to wonder what's really the point?

We're all hear at the end of the day to learn things -- and that means, above all else, keeping an open mind and sadly this is something that I see less and less of on FT (as well as the world in general, but that's way different thread.)

$.02
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat

You probably did. Hipster.

My wife can get into Mumford & Sons and The Avett Brothers because their more folk music, which aligns with her country ways.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:37 am
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you get one of these?? http://www.mydutchbike.com/
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by J.Edward
I just gave channa a pretty harsh response. Go look at the UA forum before it gets deleted.
If the box has degraded to the level of encouraging post snipping perhaps everyone should take a good long look at why it's here.

If it's to kick around off topic comments and whatnot then great.

But if it's to huddle up and act as a staging ground for mis-information, borderline personal attacks (which by the way when engaged in without addressing the *cause* only serve to make the attacker poster even more shrill, misinformed, or flat out delusional, and do *nothing* to further their viewpoint -- except of course with current list of cohorts) then I start to wonder what's really the point?

We're all hear at the end of the day to learn things -- and that means, above all else, keeping an open mind and sadly this is something that I see less and less of on FT (as well as the world in general, but that's way different thread.)

$.02
Personal attacks haz no place in Teh Box, nor anywhere else in FT. There's enough to go around, as it is.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msv
Did you get one of these?? http://www.mydutchbike.com/
The ZX Model has a steam engine that runs on all-natural hemp.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:39 am

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Some ANC photos from the cloudy days I was there:
Thanks for posting the pics. I loved my short time in ANC, and look forward to going back ASAP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.