Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Still nary a flake here 7 miles east of PHL. It's coming down but not sticking. I'm still sticking to my prediction that I'll end up going to work and not coming home until tomorrow night.
Well good luck to you either way.

If you get stranded do they let you crash in an unoccupied room? That wouldn't be the worst of all possible outcomes.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Trustguy
Quality time with kung-fu guy?
Either him or one of the cast of characters that live in his head. You would have been the hit of your conference had you been there...all you had to do was produce him.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
Howdy Box. :-:

Still nary a flake here 7 miles east of PHL. It's coming down but not sticking. I'm still sticking to my prediction that I'll end up going to work and not coming home until tomorrow night.
It's been a light snow here for an hour now and it's sticking to the roads. I feel good about my decision to evacuate NY last night and not this afternoon. :-:
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Driving by DCA
Well good luck to you either way.

If you get stranded do they let you crash in an unoccupied room? That wouldn't be the worst of all possible outcomes.
Thanks, and yes. Done it several times already when I worked back-to-back shifts - it doesn't suck. The beds are amazing.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by AMF in NJ
Howdy Box. :-:

It's been a light snow here for an hour now and it's sticking to the roads. I feel good about my decision to evacuate NY last night and not this afternoon. :-:
I'm supposed to go out to Brooklyn this afternoon to visit the Uncle before my B6 flight but since B6 canceled and the snow looks to be sticking...I might have to reconsider.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: United 1K, Continental OnePass
Belated Merry X-Mas to all the Bxers!!! I hope everyone had plenty of good eats, treats, upgrades, lounge access, and top shelf liquor to bring in the holiday cheer!
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by alisinna
Belated Merry X-Mas to all the Bxers!!! I hope everyone had plenty of good eats, treats, upgrades, lounge access, and top shelf liquor to bring in the holiday cheer!
Thanks for the 3P status this year, it's been great.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Alrighty, time to check out of the house we rented and head over to the Courtyard for an elite qualification night.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Weather report now says 6-12" I hope B6 isn't as stupid as CO.
I Think B6 was just asleep at the wheel. As of 2am, their last update was 1:40pm on 12/24. Meanwhile CO, UA and DL did mass cancellations.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by fozz
I Think B6 was just asleep at the wheel. As of 2am, their last update was 1:40pm on 12/24. Meanwhile CO, UA and DL did mass cancellations.
Yeah...B6 canceled the last two JFK PBIs and will operate the rest as scheduled...I've been checking...B6 is attempting whereas other carriers are being lazy and dwnright canceling everything but of course...SAFETY comes first...It doesn't look that windy near EWR yet so.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Yeah...B6 canceled the last two JFK PBIs and will operate the rest as scheduled...I've been checking...B6 is attempting whereas other carriers are being lazy and dwnright canceling everything but of course...SAFETY comes first...It doesn't look that windy near EWR yet so.
The airlines can't win. If they wait too long to cancel, the everyone gets upset that they waited so long and that folks couldn't find alternate arrangements. Personally, I think canceling was the safer route, particularly this time of year, so folks can find alternate arrangements.

But the flip side is that it does come at a cost. I'm already onto my 5th reroute in 24 hours.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:13 am

Apparently the DL site can't handle the load and keeps refusing to pull my reservation of later this week.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Off to work. We'll see if I get home tonight, but I'm not betting on it. Bringing a book and the phone charger...
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by fozz
The airlines can't win. If they wait too long to cancel, the everyone gets upset that they waited so long and that folks couldn't find alternate arrangements. Personally, I think canceling was the safer route, particularly this time of year, so folks can find alternate arrangements.

But the flip side is that it does come at a cost. I'm already onto my 5th reroute in 24 hours.
Indeed...so I'm SOL since I decided to NRSA it down and back up ...staying in EWR area unless I can find saver availability to the Caribbean islands for 2 for my birthday on the 30th.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Off to work. We'll see if I get home tonight, but I'm not betting on it. Bringing a book and the phone charger...
Safe travels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.