Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by carvalh2
I assume your curtains are hanging on the walls, in which case your pup is defying gravity. Impressive.
Floor-length curtains. :-:
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
I am a former employee there, but I ran the concierge operation at Tropicana.
Aha...so you're not the Philly shmuck who won 60,000 OnePass Miles(Dollars).
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Aha...so you're not the Philly shmuck who won 60,000 OnePass Miles(Dollars).
Nah. Biggest one-day take for me in AC stands at just under $1000. My 21st birthday, no less. Had it up to about +$1350 that night, but gave some back at the end.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:23 pm

Nah. Biggest one-day take for me in AC stands at just under $1000. My 21st birthday, no less. Had it up to about +$1350 that night, but gave some back at the end.
$59-40 = $19 to spend tonight
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by usa18dca
$59-40 = $19 to spend tonight
That's 19 Palm points. Only 12,481 more and you too can be on teh wall.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
Trying to figure out what to say in a sympathy card without sounding like a complete sap.
My strategy is to write some combination of "we are thinking of you" and a happy memory I have of the deceased. If I have no happy memories of the deceased, I'm in trouble.

Originally Posted by Plus1
In other news, Toshiba has sent a box for the return of baglady's laptop. The fact that it smoked while I was on the phone with tech support has caught their attention.

indeed.

Now I know how to get tech support's attention. :-:
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by Phudnik
My strategy is to write some combination of "we are thinking of you" and a happy memory I have of the deceased. If I have no happy memories of the deceased, I'm in trouble.
No memories, I didn't know him - brother of a close friend. Got through it coherently - I hope.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Round pizza is boring, IMHO. I'm going to roll it out and let it take whatever shape.

There will be an answer...let it be.
The one caveat is that weird, non-uniformly shaped pizzas often end up being a pain in the to cut. You end up with pizza tangrams.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by mwg25
The one caveat is that weird, non-uniformly shaped pizzas often end up being a pain in the to cut. You end up with pizza tangrams.
Cut in squares. :-:
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:46 pm

I don't see why that's a problem, though I have been known to make matzoh-cube and -pyramid soup.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had to look that one up. Very interesting.

I just might offer tangrams of pizza tomorrow night instead of slices.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The sausage is cooked, the sauce is done, the shrimp are washed, cut, and their flour mix completed. belynch will be happy to know that I removed the tails. Leftover sausage will end up in a tortilla shell with eggs and cheese another day this week. There are also spicy steak leftovers from dinner tonight. They make good tortilla inhabitants as well.

It is with that I bid thee good night, Box. Toddler bedtime.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Evening, Box. Last night's sleep study was uneventful, although they did have to wake me up 4-5 times in order to adjust my mouthpiece, so it wasn't exactly a restful night. The good news is that my appliance should now be dialed in just about right. Many good nights of sleep ahead, I hope.

And a very happy birthday to usa18dca, HeathrowGuy, and Teh Retired BBDS.

I could not decide between a crack about the famous plane getting married or a line akin to your life being eerily similar to Glee.
Where's Lea Michele?

Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
Yep. Top-shelf liquor for teh Box, that spreadable cheese stuff, I'm bringing back the bread sticks, and GLBC beer in all clubs.

And Whiners from both forums just get Texas tap water and some broken crackers.

And teh Box will have special Membership Cards. You know what will be on them....
I'm in for a lifetime membership.

On a TX related note, I just noticed cases of Shiner on special at my local grocery store.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:00 pm

Programs: OnePass Ex-Platinum now dirtinum
Copa Connection has an uncanny ability to know when the dog needs to relieve himself. I, on the other hand, have little to no clue. This has led to yet another nickname for her.

The $hit Whisperer.
Funny.... That's what I call my bss.

Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Good evening Box. It is really chilly here in PSP tonight (temps expected in 30's). It looks like I will be drinking and cooking inside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.