Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United's Name and Continental's Logo and Livery to be Used Post-Merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United's Name and Continental's Logo and Livery to be Used Post-Merger

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: Continental One Pass (Platinum Elite) , Marriott Rewards (Gold Elite)
Originally Posted by Brasila
The only name I see in the news now is United Airlines based in Chicago....not exactly what I think you all had planned.....
Wow What's next your dad can beat my dad up. Grow up jackass, What do you have 20 shares of UAL stock, go retire and get off our board.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Brasila
The only name I see in the news now is United Airlines based in Chicago....not exactly what I think you all had planned.....
United in name and HQ, with the look and feel of CO, plus the head honcho is a Bethune disciple. Frankly, this is MORE than I expected.

Once the Go Forward Plan comes to Wacker Drive, are you really going to suggest that this is the same old UAL?
Old May 3, 2010, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BearX220
That's unwarranted and out of line -- bocastephen's perceptions are mine as well, and are shared by many others. You can't possibly believe the engineers of this merger don't know it. That's why the brand is hybridizing the way it is.
We're just getting a taste of the nastiness that comes from UA customers...and that forum. We can criticize the UA product without taking personal potshots at other posters - apparently they cannot.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by emd22
Wow What's next your dad can beat my dad up. Grow up jackass, What do you have 20 shares of UAL stock, go retire and get off our board.
Originally Posted by bocastephen
We're just getting a taste of the nastiness that comes from UA customers...and that forum. We can criticize the UA product without taking personal potshots at other posters - apparently they cannot.
See the immediately preceeding quote and let me know how THAT fits in your scenario.

Dave
Old May 3, 2010, 12:06 pm
EAL

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Virgin America Elevate
Originally Posted by Nibaruian
The one wild card in this deal is maybe VX, they were slowly, subtly, but surely going after UA's business.
What do you mean? Can you elaborate a little more. I agree about VX going after UA's business but what do you mean about the wild card?
Old May 3, 2010, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EWR764
United in name and HQ, with the look and feel of CO, plus the head honcho is a Bethune disciple. Frankly, this is MORE than I expected.

Once the Go Forward Plan comes to Wacker Drive, are you really going to suggest that this is the same old UAL?
Do the CO FA's serve crack with those drinks too?????

What are you people smokin???

You lost.....get over it......join the friendly skies and relax.....

CO....is gone...history...no more...a mere memory....in corporate limbo.....soon not to be even be a stock symbol...wow....the same thing happend to Peking...life goes on....Long Live UA.....
Old May 3, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
Originally Posted by bseller
See the immediately preceeding quote and let me know how THAT fits in your scenario.

Dave
Well, since Poster #1 has a post count of 9 and Poster #2 is closing in on 14K, I think perhaps we should disregard #1 and hope #2 is on the money here.

Our new poster from Hawaii seems to be a bit of a troll, unfortunately. The rest of the UA posters seem nice enough, let's all play nice now folks
Old May 3, 2010, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Dave
Well I missed that one But there are a number of posters from UA who have come here to gloat and make obnoxious comments and it's starting to get on nerves over here. We should be able to make comments and render opinions about airlines and their service without having other people turn it into an opportunity for personal attacks.

I've been getting flack from pro-UA people for over a week now - it doesn't bother me one bit and I don't need moderator protection, but it just proves my point that UA people are by and large arrogant, entitled and obnoxious. Whether it's the 'tude we get here, the nastiness I've experienced from UA employees while helping others or the fist-fit that almost broke out in F over overhead bin space on the last UA flight I took, it's just not the same culture. I can sum it up in two words - Me First!
Old May 3, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
Originally Posted by DreamlinerI
Do the CO FA's serve crack with those drinks too?????

What are you people smokin???

You lost.....get over it......join the friendly skies and relax.....

CO....is gone...history...no more...a mere memory....in corporate limbo.....soon not to be even be a stock symbol...wow....the same thing happend to Peking...life goes on....Long Live UA.....
Whoa, airline fanbois. I didn't think such a beast existed. :-:
Old May 3, 2010, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElkeNorEast
Well, since Poster #1 has a post count of 9
I did see that and had contemplated a reply to his/her obnoxious tirade. Glad I didn't !!
Poster #2 is closing in on 14K, I think perhaps we should disregard #1 and hope #2 is on the money here.
I'm glad to give BS a break and hope that he's right. I just think that until we're fully integrated, there will always be contention, and I just dont agree that it is all the fault of the UA folks, as was "suggested" by what I read.
Our new poster from Hawaii seems to be a bit of a troll, unfortunately. The rest of the UA posters seem nice enough, let's all play nice now folks
^^ Agreed! I think almost ALL of them have. As well as the CO posters.

Dave
Old May 3, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Logo picture needs to go on the left, not right, and the words need to align to the left side against the logo.
Do me a quick favor and take that OnePass card out of your wallet. Or look at CO.com. The globe is, has, and now always will be to the right of the logotype. Since the new combined airline is adopting CO's livery & branding, there's no reason to think the positioning of the globe would change.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well I missed that one
OK, fair nuff.
But there are a number of posters from UA who have come here to gloat and make obnoxious comments and it's starting to get on nerves over here.
I'm no fan of those who would gloat and make obnoxious comments, but I think that's been pretty rare, to be fair.
We should be able to make comments and render opinions about airlines and their service without having other people turn it into an opportunity for personal attacks.
We agree 100%
I've been getting flack from pro-UA people for over a week now - it doesn't bother me one bit and I don't need moderator protection, but it just proves my point that UA people are by and large arrogant, entitled and obnoxious.
I'm one of those UA posters who disagrees with many things that you've written. I hope that I have done so in a polite manner, and if not then I apologize in advance.
HOWEVER, the bolded portion of your statement is, IMO, patently absurd and lowers the discourse here on FT. I think that you should edit it out, to be truthful.
Whether it's the 'tude we get here, the nastiness I've experienced from UA employees while helping others or the fist-fit that almost broke out in F over overhead bin space on the last UA flight I took, it's just not the same culture. I can sum it up in two words - Me First!
We will have to disagree, I'm sorry.

Dave
Old May 3, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Oops, wrong thread. I thought this was going in the UA forum, not the CO forum. Won't have that problem in the future!

Last edited by paytonc; May 3, 2010 at 12:31 pm
Old May 3, 2010, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
...I think almost ALL of them have. As well as the CO posters....
I agree as well. I think that the makeup of this new, hybrid airline has a lot of us guessing and trying to figure out exactly what manner of beast this is. It certainly doesn't seem to be anything like the takeover and subsequent emasculation of NW by DL. The rants of a few new posters notwithstanding, the discourse has been generally civil and productive because both "sides" (is this a war? I was unaware...) have gotten something.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
I hope they actually repaint the United name on the CO planes and not just cover it up like they did with the star alliance "sticker" they put on the planes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.