Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United's Name and Continental's Logo and Livery to be Used Post-Merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United's Name and Continental's Logo and Livery to be Used Post-Merger

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by UAL awesome
But then you alienate the UA employees who had grown fond of the Tulip and the UA brand. The name isn't the same if it's all CO-ized. They should've done what HP and US did (who would've thought they'd do something right) and create a new livery that mixes UA and CO esque features. The rendering they have is so half-assed it's like a bad joke. I seriously think Tilton and Smisek are having a laugh about this.
I think the font job is horrible.

However many at UA were glad to see different management come in, and this is a sign of that change, there will be no love lost there really

the Tulip was nothing spectacular either, some people are bowing down an worshiping the thing. It is just a UUU overlay, looks like some cow udders. CO globe, nothing 'special' really, but it is a solid logo for a global airline, for a few years.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:47 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
When its all said & done all the aircraft could be painted yellow with pink dots i really dont care, the reality is that in the future when you or i make a booking it will be made with United Airlines not Continental & either your e-ticket or paper ticket will read United Airlines not Continental, when you check in at the airport it will be at the United Airlines check in counter not Continental, contact a call centre & they will answer United Airlines not Continental......
Old May 3, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Who cares what color the airplanes are? There are a bunch of planes flying around with US Airways painted on the side, and the name of the merged carrier is US Airways, but the HQ is in Tempe AZ... it is America West that is the surviving carrier. And the AirTran brand is a new name for ValuJet.

If CO was coming out on top here, the HQ would be in Houston. And CO common stock would be given to UAL stockholders. But it seems to be the other way around.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by RobertS975
Who cares what color the airplanes are?
It's an emotional connection for the employees, like myself.
Old May 3, 2010, 9:58 pm

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
*DELETED*

Last edited by Cheerfulflyer; May 4, 2010 at 11:14 am Reason: Posted in an incorrect forum
Old May 3, 2010, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer
UA's logo in my opinion is much more elegant than Continental's. The latter for me stands for a non-luxury basic airline service, which is reliable and clean cut but nothing more. I'd hate to see the combined UA-CO become like that. Before, I get flamed, I want to note that these are my opinions only and what associations I have come to have over a couple decades of flying. I would't miss seeing CO's name and logo.
A UUU udder represents luxury? what kind, Yugo?

Mind you I am not saying COs globe represents luxury in any way, none in the US do in fact.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Steph3n
Mind you I am not saying COs globe represents luxury in any way, none in the US do in fact.
None of them represent luxury, not just the American carriers.

That little bird in a circle for LH? The red cross rescue plane from Swiss? Aeromexico's eagle warrior/helmet guy?
Old May 3, 2010, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by channa

That little bird in a circle for LH? The red cross rescue plane from Swiss? Aeromexico's eagle warrior/helmet guy?
Agree fully. AS with an eskimo, F9's animals.

The only ones I can think of any 'luxury' ties to logo only would be Emirates, due to its gold lettering.

Singapore while one of the best, just has a flying bird, doesn't say luxury by logo alone.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
UA's logo in my opinion is much more elegant than Continental's. The latter for me stands for a non-luxury basic airline service, which is reliable and clean cut but nothing more. I'd hate to see the combined UA-CO become like that. Before, I get flamed, I want to note that these are my opinions only and what associations I have come to have over a couple decades of flying. I wouldn't miss seeing CO's name and logo.
Whaaaaa?????????????????
Old May 3, 2010, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by HobokenFlyer
I also wouldn't be surprised at EWR that if the PANYNJ builds the Terminal A they want to build that you will see the C1 and C2 concourses closed and remodeled like C3. It's too bad when they planned the AirTrain they didn't do what FRA did and have a secure/non-secure sections...
I was just talking to someone about the possibilities for EWR earlier today. And you're right - with no real options for expansion as far as a Terminal D goes (other than some sort of split configuration with the airside terminal mid-field), renovating/demolishing & rebuilding Terminal A is the way to go. Of course, the existing setup at EWR has CBP facilities in Terminals B & C, but not Terminal A, which means Contin...sorry, United's international flights would operate out of C, and domestic flights/flights from preclearance stations could operate out of A or C. But as you point out, PANYNJ will have to create some sort of airside inter-terminal train akin to the TerminalLink system at IAH, especially if EWR is going to grow as a CO...sorry! UA hub.

If this merger means nothing else, perhaps we'll at least see the demolition of the radial piers and some decent post-security concessions in Terminal A and the (long overdue) renovation of the C1 & C2 piers in Terminal C.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
The latter for me stands for a non-luxury basic airline service, which is reliable and clean cut but nothing more. I'd hate to see the combined UA-CO become like that.
As if the UA of today was really giving SQ and EK a run for their money in the service and amenities departments? Seriously?

UA missed the boat big time. There are all these rabidly loyal fanboys (a compliment, BTW) out there going unrecognized by the corporate offices. At least CO takes some of the money it saves by being a non-luxury carrier and invests it in caring about what its frequent flyers think.
Old May 3, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by bocastephen
the fist-fit that almost broke out in F over overhead bin space on the last UA flight I took
Remind us again when that was?
Old May 3, 2010, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Critic
I was just talking to someone about the possibilities for EWR earlier today. And you're right - with no real options for expansion as far as a Terminal D goes (other than some sort of split configuration with the airside terminal mid-field), renovating/demolishing & rebuilding Terminal A is the way to go. Of course, the existing setup at EWR has CBP facilities in Terminals B & C, but not Terminal A, which means Contin...sorry, United's international flights would operate out of C, and domestic flights/flights from preclearance stations could operate out of A or C. But as you point out, PANYNJ will have to create some sort of airside inter-terminal train akin to the TerminalLink system at IAH, especially if EWR is going to grow as a CO...sorry! UA hub.

If this merger means nothing else, perhaps we'll at least see the demolition of the radial piers and some decent post-security concessions in Terminal A and the (long overdue) renovation of the C1 & C2 piers in Terminal C.
There are already plans drawn up for blowing up and redoing A. IIRC they are fairly new too.

Agree totally about C1 and C2. Walking down C3 makes me feel like I'm in a different airport.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:17 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by channa

to me nothing says luxury like tail number of my wife's uncles private Challenger, but that doesn't count
Old May 3, 2010, 11:18 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Brasila
Do you write a comic strip for CO or something because your post are hilarious....can you stop the oil spill while out still trying to save CO which will soon be a faint memory in the publics mind.....but I love how you take yourself so seriously....
dude this guy is worse than an xbox/ps3 fanboy on a video game forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.